The New World: The Truth

Reznik
Bronze

Re: The New World: The Truth

Post by Reznik » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:14 pm

David nodded a bit at Haven as he unrolled a map he drew up. It was crude, but had all the necessary details on lay out and fortified positions.

“From what I could tell, the bulk is situated on roof tops down the main drag. I guess they’ve anticipated a heavy assault so who ever is in charge has military background. They’ve got a good sized killing field right there.”

He then pointed to a spot near where the armory had been. “I created a hidden entry point here. It’s the same hidden route I took in and out the other night, that would make it possible for a small team to slip in.” He then looked at Haven, “If I may suggest, I recommend having a herd of mutants rushed at the main gate, that’ll create a big enough distraction so I can get you and Miller in through the rear. If we can get you to the civilians, and I get Miller to Harold, we won’t have to worry about the bulk of the guard forces.”

He then looked over at Miller, “What’s your input here?” David didn’t want to take command, but at the same time he was going to help in the planning any way he could. He wanted this to end with as little casualties as possible, for both sides.

JoJoTheClown
Silver

Post by JoJoTheClown » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:46 pm

Miller watched as David returned from his scout, entering the building after him. The worn former agent leaned heavily against the table as David spoke, listening to his propesed plan. His eyes shifted from the map to the mans face when he addressed Miller himself. "I guess you havent given our conversation any more thought?" He asked, not really expecting anythinf else from David. His nobility and commitment was predictable, the mans behavioral patterns following the same.

Miller shrugged as his eyes shifted from Haven and David. "Harold wont be easy to get to, let alone find." He huffed as his eyes shifted back to the map. "I expect him to go somewhere into hiding.. around here." He pointed towards the center of the map. "And knowing him.. now would be a perfect time to test out his experiment.. i doubt wed be the only ones with ghe mutants on our side."

Miller cleared his throat, his eyes shifting between the two of them again. "Im not going to shoot him.. and i dont plan on fighting against anyone else. So i wont need this.." Miller laid his pistol on the table, nodding in agreement with his own irrational words. "Whatever happens, happens, but i plan to use my bare hands. If they come after me.. after this. So be it."

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm

David nodded at the last bit of what Miller was speaking of. This experiment that Harold was working on was the deciding factor in his staying around. His eyes then lifted and looked at the man, David’s eyes showing the resolution in his heart.

“And that’s your decision. Once we get inside then I propose Ami and Haven head off to the civilians and you and I well head off to find Harold.” He then looked at the map again, his eyes flashing as a thought crossed his mind.

“Phoebe....We can radio Phoebe! As the towns doctor now she’d know exactly where Harold would be.” He grinned some as he looked at everyone, “She doesn’t care for Harold at all, and if we can convince her that the sooner we take Harold out the sooner the fighting stops, I’m sure she’d agree.” He then looked back at the map, “And if this experiment is as powerful as you say Miller, I say the sooner we get the town guard on our side, the sooner we can eliminate that monstrosity.”

His eyes then turned to Haven, “So, what’s your thoughts Haven?”

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Ami had just managed to fall asleep after finding Haven alone in the main room with Clarke. She nodded to the woman and walked over to sit on the couch and it wasn't long after that. Awaking she gave a yawn and looked around, it was peaceful in a way. The sun barely up, the dim light filtering through the windows, she got up feeling a little stiff from sleeping while sitting up. Not long after David came in and people began to wake and talk she kind of just stayed back taking in everything.

Today was the day, it was surreal to her that today was the day that the war would happen. She did however give the Haven a grin as she was thanked for being with her, in reply Ami gave the woman a nod before looking to David with a smile.

A groan filled the dark office, Harold picked his head up from his desk he let out a soft groan. He was true he wasn't a drinker, but he'd seemed to have at least finished the bottle. Leaning back in his chair he quickly brought up his hand to his mouth, but that wasn't going to help as he quickly doubled over vomiting all over the follow. "Fuck" he muttered as he calmed down. Slowly moving to stand he felt like hell and wanted nothing more then to just relax, but they needed to prepare again. There was no telling when they would attack.

His head pounding, his vision blurred a little, all and all he had felt better. Stepping from his office he gave an odd sound that he'd never really made before. Shaking a little from the feeling and the sound he attempts to ready himself for the day ahead as he steps outside. Looking around, the stillness, and silence, it was eerie. He knew that Driscoll would take it on himself and more then likely had already gotten people to safety, but it wasn't something that Harold was used to.

Getting in his cart he began to drive to find Driscoll.

Talon had spent the night going over any escape routes that would be taken by Harold or his guards if things were to turn bad for them. "Talon...we got one" a voice raised up from the edge of the crowd and Talon stood seeing the women from the night before holding a sake that was dripping with something.

Giving a smirk he looked around at the rest of his people, "Atahsaia" He yells out and in returns the crowd repeat the word as well as begin to chant. "Men Fall Atahsaia Rise" over and over as Talon takes the sake and heads up to Haven.

"Normally this takes time, but under the times...well here" he nods handing over the bloody sake. Inside lay the fresh skin of a nuker. It was cut to be able to be worn it seemed. "Prove yourself in battle" Talon says with a wide smile.

Golden_
Bronze

Post by Golden_ » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:18 am

Shea gingerly pulled her jacket over her freshly bandaged shoulder, yearning for the warmth it had the potential to provide. Still, she didn't have much hope of getting comfortable. In fact, the woman couldn't even remember the last time she truly felt comfortable. It was always a luxury she couldn't afford, even after the world went to shit.

"I have feeling you'll be longer than you think. You've got bigger problems then me," Shea replied, referring to the army Harold had mentioned just moments earlier. "Good luck. You'll need it. Especially being on the losing side."

-----------

It was tough, being alone in a world like this. Paranoia followed every movement you made, every decision. It was impossible to sleep at night; every branch that snapped jolted you awake. You were exhausted permanently, but at the same time, you only had to worry about one person - yourself.

It did get lonely though, especially for Jenny. She was a former talker. She could talk to strangers about absolutely nothing for hours. Just ramble on and on. Nowadays, she found herself chatting to herself. Voicing random thoughts outloud, only to realize what she was doing, and then scolding herself for being a weirdo. She was such a freaking weirdo.

In addition to talking, Jenny also liked to sing. Random shit, all the damn time. One second it was The Cranberries, then the next, Lady Gaga. Then fucking Evanscence. Plus, no one told her to shut up. It was great. Even as she walked down the empty road, a tune was being hummed beneath her breath.
What's the worst that can happen? Well... decapitation

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 am

Haven didn't like the idea of Miller not using a weapon to take down Harold, her gaze dropped for a moment but she pulled herself back, as she looked up at Miller she knew she couldn't change his mind,"Alright ... I believe in you,"she nodded, before she looked over at David, as he mentioned a woman, she raised an eyebrow,"As long as you can trust her, then okay,"she agreed to the radio idea,"but be careful , you never know who is listening. Me and Ami will do our best to get them on our side, the civilians, the more the better."

When Talon joined them, Haven's eyes widened a bit as she noticed what it was, with two shaky hands she took the skin and nodded,"I'll do my best,"she said before she let out a small breath,"I'll be back,"she muttered before she hurried inside, as the door closed behind her Haven fell against the wall, she stared at the skin that was made for wearing, the reality of today was hitting her, and for the first time in a very long time, Haven felt that pressure on her chest, the pain followed with shortness of breath, a panic attack.

Haven closed her eyes, remembering the last time she had one was when they had to leave the fish shop, David had calmed her down, but it was William who had gotten her out the door, his words, the way he had reminded her the was no escaping this, it had made her feel better in a weird way, but she knew Will was gone, and she needed to work this out herself.

Slowly she began to calm her breathing, as she did, she heard two footsteps coming down the stairs,"Haven?"Clarke spoke.

Haven's gaze snapped up,"H-hey.. we're leaving soon.. Mia.. will be staying with you,"she said as she slowly pulled herself back together and stood up.

"Right... You okay?"

"Yeah, just thinking is all,"she waved it off before looking back down at the skin.

Clarke looked at it as well, not wanting to know he cleared his throat,"I'm gonna go find Mia then.."he said before he headed out the door.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:06 am

Letting out a soft groan Mia went to turn over in bed, however, the feeling of someone wrapped around her caused her to pause. Raising a brow she tilts her head back and her face flushes the moment she sees the sleeping face of Tayen. The older girl was holding her close, the warmth of her was intense to Mia, whom was now feeling hotter then she had just a second ago. Turning her head back and trying o reply the scenes from last night she couldn't figure out how or why the two would be in bed together, hell the last person she remembered seeing before going to sleep was her mom.

She had a million questions, and with a chanting coming from outside even more questions came to her mind as she slowly began to wiggle from the other's hold. Although she wanted to stay and enjoy the warmth and possibility of the other girl and her...No she needed to get up and get ready. Things needed to be planned and...

"Relax...let us enjoy the moment of peace before war comes" the soft voice of Tayen spoke softly, causing Mia to squirm a little.

"But...I mean the chanting and..." Mia begins as she manages to turn only to be met by the other's deep brown eyes.

"They are chanting to welcome in your friend Haven" she nods softly looking back at the other, a small smile creeping at her lips.

The two lay like that for another for moments, not really sure as to what to do. Truth was neither had a clue as to what to do, Tayen was raised on a farm and other then her parents and brothers she had no other real interaction with people. She was home schooled so to better help on the farm, and other then the fact that she'd simply nod when her mom would talk about her one day finding someone and marrying she never had experience to speak of. Mia on the other hand knew well who and what she was, and although she talked a big game she was more then terrified to actually act on anything mainly from the way she was raised. Now, however, both girls just stared into the others eyes awkwardly.

"Yeah I...umm..I guess we can...relax before we have to get ready" Mia nods as she moves her arm to lay on the other girl loosely holding her.

"Don't worry...I'll make sure you'll survive" Tayen smiled back.

Mia, who's face is now a deep red color, attempts to think of something, anything to say, but the only thing that happens in that moment is her leaning forward and just as she's about to press her lips to Tayen...

"Mia?"

"Fucking shit...." she pulls away and falls over the bed with a thud as the door opens and she sees Clarke. She pants heavily and looks at the boy with anger. "Clarke the fuck...I...I could have been nude or something" she says aloud. Her embarrassment causes her voice to crack and she stutters a little.

Tayen, now sitting up, looks from Mia to Clarke before letting out a laugh forcing her to grip at her sides. It had been a long time since she laughed and it seemed the flustered Mia was more then enough for the girl to bare with a straight face.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:12 pm

Clarke wasn't fully aware of the situation until Tayen sat up as well - his eyes went wide as his face heated up,"Shit! Sorry!"he said as he turned so his back was to the girls, he closed his eyes as he heard the older girl start to laugh, making his cheeks flare even more,"I'll uhh.. be outside, everyone is leaving, but the adults have decided you stay with me.."he muttered before walking out, as the door closed behind him, he cursed again before leaning against the wall and waiting for Mia.

Downstairs Haven had put on the skin, wearing it more like a cloak than a suit, as she stood in the hallway, she heard the chanting outside, as she listened Haven felt this surge of power come over her, like she was warrior leading her army into a battle. The thought made her giggle a little before she shook her head, her nerves were acting up but she didn't show it, she had to suck it up and keep going. Slowly she opened the door, stepping outside she looked around at everyone, this was it, this is what she had to win the war.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:55 am

Mia slowly sat up annoyed, but Clarke's words caused her to look at him with a questioning look. "Wait...we wait here?" she questions and looks at Tayen, whom is calming down now and getting up. "No...nonononono that wasn't the plan" she says and stands, but Tayen is in front of her faster then she can think twice.

"You friend wants you safe...you stay" she says in a serious tone.

"Excuse me, but you have no idea what I can and can't do and I..." Tayen places a finger on her lips to stop her from talking.

"You and your friend here don't know the pain of taking a life...mutant's are one thing, but living are another. You two remain here and stay safe." she nods and slowly lowers her hand. "You do that and I will return to you" she smiles softly.

This forced a grin on Mia's face without her knowing it. "Oh...yeah I mean...sure" she nods and attempts to play it cool, but anyone looking at her could see the dork that she was acting like.

With that settled Tayen turns pulling on her mutant skin vest and stops at Clarke. "Keep watch on her while I'm gone" she nods to him before disappearing further into the house. Soon she is outside with the others ready to take revenge for those lost.

Ami watched in a silent awe as the crowd of people wearing nuker skins chant. Haven herself wearing a vest of it herself, although it looked more like a jacket or something then a vest with the size of the skin. "Now I never thought I'd see crazy shit like this" she chuckled glancing to David then Miller. Today was going to be something alright.

However, something loud sounded in the distance and looking up she could barely make out what looked like one of those military style helicopter. Although with the size it looked to be one of those that carried people. Did Harold have back up? the thought caused her a bit of fear, even with the added forces they had as well as the thought these people said they can herd the nukers she still feared whatever was in there more.

Talon, along with several stop chanting at the sound of the chopper in the distance. It was heading to Eden it seemed. Talon merely smirked, he refused to show fear, if they had backup then let em come he and his people would fight until their last breath. Looking down as he feels someone place a hand on his shoulder, Tayen stands there looking ready as always.

Harold pulled up to the center of town finding guards all around getting ready just in case the attack happened, Truth was they had no clue if or when they would attack and it seemed to have everyone on alert. Letting out a low groan, Harold stepped from his cart and began to make his way to where he knew he would find Driscoll. However, the sound of approaching helicopter pierced the calm air and caused Harold to grab at his head and groan again. He didn't need the sound.

As the large carrier flew over it halted and the back opened as it began to land. An older looking man in military garb is the only one to greet Harold. The carrier's blades began to slow as the pilot turned it off and the military man stepped from the lowered platform offering a hand to Harold.

"Good morning, sir, I'm Captain Reynolds The Doctor is sorry she couldn't make it herself, but she has sent the package along with this" The man nods handing Harold a remote looking thing with a dial that read 1 to 10 and a single button. "The Doc said to use that if they turn...it gives them a good jolt" he laughs before turning as a forklift backs from the platform carrying with it a large metal box. It sets it down and returns to the platform, minutes later it comes back with another. It continues this until their are 6 large metal boxes sitting in the middle of the town.

"So this will help us today?" Harold questions unsure as to how this six will really help.

"Sir," Cap Reynolds begins with a smile, "These six will get rid of any and all the issues you got...believe me" his smiles made Harold question it, but the feeling of ridding the world of those that want him dead and the thought of getting his daughter back were to much and he accepted the man's words without issue.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:58 am

David followed suit and stepped outside as well. Once out he watched Talon engage in their chanting. David has his own pre mission routine. Stepping off to the side, out of everyone’s way, David dropped down to one knee. He rested his off hand on his knee, and held his rifle with the stock touching the ground. Then he lowered his head and closed his eyes.

He felt somewhat odd, praying, especially given the current state of the world, but it was the one thing he always did, and it hadn’t failed him yet. When he had finished, the faint sound of a helo sounded off in the distance. Looking up he recognized the shape and sound of it as he stood. What made him worry was it tracked it’s way to Eden.

Slowly he stood, looked down and checked his rifle over. He even pulled the slide back and made sure a round was chambered and ready to go. Satisfied he walked over to the van, reached inside and grabbed a large duffel bag and sat it on the ground. He unzipped it and began laying
the contents out. I’m his armory raid, he secured two AK47s, four MP5s, an M4 and roughly six 9mm handguns.

David knew it wasn’t enough to be able to hit Eden head on with, but he figured it at least give everyone a better chance. He grabbed one of the MP5s and one of the handguns and made sure they had suppressors on them, then took them to Ami and held them out to her, “Tale these. If you have to shoot, I want you well armed. And the suppressors will keep attention away from you too.”

He then turned his head towards Talon, “Hey Talon! Weapons on the ground by the van! Get your people armed up!”

———————

Driscoll stepped outside just as Harold has pulled up. Though before he could speak, the overwhelming sound of the helos blades cut him off. The sound didn’t effect him the least, having been around Blackhawks and Apache’s in the Army. He did raise a brow when six crates were unloaded.

Then he turned his attention to Harold after the man had explained the controls and left. Driscoll then stepped up to him.

“All defense placements are complete, and all civilians are in secured bunkers. We’re as ready as we can be.” He then looked at the control in the mans hand, before looking over at the crates.

“If I may sir, it was one thing having one of those things here. It’s something else entirely having six...I wouldn’t use more than is necessary, and as a last resort...” he still had reservations about these mutants. It was one thing using created inanimate objects for war, it was a whole different ballgame when you tried utilizing a living thing for that same purpose.