[RP] Fallout 4: Bloodlust (Excalibro)

Gecko
Silver

Re: [RP] Fallout 4: Bloodlust (Excalibro)

Post by Gecko » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:25 am

The man's expression seemed to turn into quiet amusement before he jokingly gave his answer, which did in turn make Tony smile. She crossed her arms as she decided what to do with the situation. He was obviously traveling somewhere, but maybe they would be able to make a nice little camp together for the night. It wasn't exactly the best idea in the world, but, again, he didn't appear to be the type of person to take her stuff or anything along those lines. Perhaps she was playing into some trap. The thought of him most likely being that kind of person pushed the other thought out of her head almost completely.

"What's your name?" Tony gently leaned against the pole of her tent. Not enough to knock it over, anyways. "I'm Antoinette Lawson, but I ask everyone to call me Tony. It's easier to say in the end, trust me." To show her willingness to trust him, she stuck her hand out for him to shake. It wasn't much, but hopefully it would nudge the current conversation into what his business was about. This could be the chance for the Vault to reach out to more settlers, which she believed would be much better for them in the end. After the Disciples started all of the shit up, Vault 81 had decided to restrict the flow of traders. Maybe this guy could change their minds.
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Excalibro

Post by Excalibro » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Jason was still eyeing up the woman, awaiting for her reaction at his joke. Hopefully she wouldn't take offense to what he said. Luckily for him, she took his joke well and smiled. He felt relieved. This was going well. She leaned gently against the pole of her tent and asked Jason for his name, while extending her hand out to him for a handshake. She also revealed her name. This caught Jason off guard. People aren't usually that open in the Commonwealth, especially towards strangers. Could be that she was that naive, he thought. She did have a fire lit up in the middle of the night after all.

He quickly made up his mind that he preferred it this way however. It was definitely better than having to deal with a hostile, jumpy, insecure person pointing a gun at him. "I'm Jason, nice to meet ya...Tony." He gripped her hand relatively gently and shook it while smiling. "So what are you doing out here all by yourself? Are you lost or something? Where are you from?"

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:27 am

Tony shook his hand and pulled back as she crossed her arms again, replying to his question with a shrug. She figured that she had already given as much information as would be needed, maybe even more than that. Too much could raise some issues not only for her, but for other people in the Vault. That wouldn't end too well. But then again, this could be an opportunity for some new traders. Tony ran her fingers through her red hair, which was kind of wet from the rain, and sighed.

"Nah, I'm not lost," she replied. "I'm on me way home from doing something...important, to say the least. And I thought you'd be smart enough to realize where I'm from." Tony turned around and pointed a thumb at her back, showing the number '81' imprinted on the back of the blue jumpsuit. The gold numbers shone in the light of the fire. She turned back around and gave another shrug.

"Vault 81. I was born there, and it looks like I'll die there too. I never get to leave the place. Gets stuffy sometimes, y'know?" She chuckled to herself and shook her head.

"And you? What're you doin' around these parts, where are you headed?"

Excalibro

Post by Excalibro » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:16 pm

The woman turned around and pointed the number 81 on the back of her vault suit. Jason felt he was getting close to confirming her identity. She could still be lying however and that vault suit might've belonged to somebody else. Just because she was wearing it, didn't mean she was the target. All the facts did line up however and that couldn't have been a coincidence, Jason thought. He had to know more.

Before he could ask her however, the woman revealed the truth by herself. Jason couldn't believe his ears. So she did come from Vault 81. A young woman, red hair, coming from Vault 81, traveling all alone, trying to keep secrets...that must be it. Jason was certain she was the scout he was sent to take out. The target. He felt a rush welling up inside. Should he kill her now? or play along for now, follow her back, confirm her identity and then take her out? He couldn't really decide. This was a good chance, seeing they were all alone out here. Trying to finish the contract inside the Vault may make things extremely difficult.

He decided to put these thoughts on hold for now and focus on the question the woman posed. "Me? I come from a settlement near the airport...I'm traveling in order to try and establish new trade routes, as in...advertise our settlement to other settlements or caravans. The least we can offer is room and board for those who're on the road. Anything else we can work out is a nice bonus." He said, then scratched his chin. "It gets stuffy in the Vaults? Well, honestly speaking I've never been to one before..." He said and took a seat near the fire.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:39 am

Tony found that as she explained where she was from, Jason began thinking something through. She could tell by the look in his eyes, and she wondered if a grave mistake had been made. But that thought faded away as she gave a big smile upon Jason mentioning that he was from a settlement looking to make new trade routes. Her eyes lit up, finding this as a perfect opportunity to forge new relations for the Vault. A friendly face outside of their shelter was something she believed they needed.

"That's perfect!" Tony exclaimed with excitement as she threw her arms in the air with glee. It almost seemed too good to be true. "We can set up somethin' with your people, it would help both of us out! I don't think you guys are that far off, either. Not that I know of. It could also be a nice opportunity for you to explore th' Vault." She gave a little wink as she grinned wildly.

Excalibro

Post by Excalibro » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:50 am

Jason beamed at the woman's reaction to his explanation. His plan appeared to be working. He was getting in her good graces. Other than that, her reaction was also kind of cute. He nodded. "We all have to stick together, it's as simple as that." He said with a smile and looked around them. It was quiet. Too quiet. It kind of made him wary.

He glanced at the woman. "I'd love to see a Vault up close as well! Let a lone a functioning one? It'd be like going back in time." He said excitedly and chuckled. "We should probably await for dawn first before setting off, though..."

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:38 pm

As Jason nodded and said that they'd have to stick together, Tony suddenly heard how much of a bad idea it was on her part. She didn't even know the guy that well, and he could be lying about the settlement. He didn't appear to be some sort of liar and killer, but she couldn't be sure. The Irishwoman gave a quiet nod and crossed her arms, trying to come up with some idea as to what to do. This guy could really turn the tide and make a difference, but it was just her. She could just disappear and no one from the Vault would come looking, nor would they continue efforts to make alliances. Tony sat down cross-legged at the foot of her tent and looked up at Jason.

"Have a seat," she said as she gestured to the other side of the campfire, "we can get some rest." Ideally, he would be on the other side of the campfire and the first one to close his eyes, so she would be kind of safer...kind of. Tony reached back and grabbed her Pip-Boy, making sure that her knife was by it as well. Just in case. She hooked the device onto her wrist and clicked it together as she kept a careful eye on Jason. Her excitement to make alliances outdid her bad vibes as she gave him a polite smile.

Excalibro

Post by Excalibro » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:50 pm

The woman suggest that Jason have a seat. He nodded to her with a smile, accepting her offer. "Thank you." He sat on the opposite side of the campfire from where Tony was sitting. He wanted to observe her a little bit more, maybe get a few hints as to what kind of person she was. He also wanted keep an eye on her. Hopefully she'd fall asleep first.

"Rest sounds good right about now." He said and lay his raincoat on the ground, sat on top of it, then placed his backpack at one end and used it as a pillow. He grabbed his rifle and held it close under his left arm.

He glanced over at Tony and noticed she was fiddling around with her Pip-Boy. "So, does everyone in the Vault have one of those things?" He asked as he gestured towards her Pip-Boy.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:57 am

Tony watched carefully as Jason accepted her offer and took a seat where she pointed to. He agreed that rest sounded good, but it didn't appear as though he was as tired as she thought he would be, though he did lay his backpack down as a pillow. She couldn't seem to pick out much of a fault, surprisingly not even as he held his rifle under his left arm. Her attention turned back to the Pip-Boy as he got comfortable, only to hear him as a question about it.

"Yes, actually." Tony lifted it up in a better position for him to look at it as she gave a confirming nod. "At least, I've never seen anyone without one from th' Vault. I've heard stories about a few people wanting to join us that earned Pip-Boys, but I've never figured out who they were. They kinda blend in, I s'pose." She lowered the device and wiped something off the screen before going back to fiddling with it. "You can sleep, I'll keep 'n eye out for ya." A small smile appeared on her lips along with the offer, hiding the fact that there was actually something she wanted to do while he slept.

Excalibro

Post by Excalibro » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:26 pm

OCC: Apologies for the late reply.

Jason's eyes were glued to the Pip-Boy as the young woman brought the device to his attention by showing it off. It looked interesting. He wasn't familiar with the technology at all, yet Pip-Boys were famous in the Commonwealth due to their rarity and the rumors about their features. They were almost legendary. Jason was very intrigued.

The woman kept explaining that everyone has one and they even give them to people who join the Vault. Jason's eyes widened in shock and his overall facial expression gave away his total surprise to this fact. Pip-Boys costed a fortune in the Commonwealth auctions, even inactive ones and those people were giving them away?! He couldn't believe his ears.

He had more questions for Tony but the woman lowered the device, prompting Jason to think that she wanted to move on from the subject. He thought he could always ask her later. There's no way he's leaving her side now. She suggested that he goes to sleep and that she'll keep an eye out for danger. Jason looked around their camp and focused his hearing, he couldn't hear anything amiss. He glanced back at the woman and nodded. "Sure, okay, I could use a break. Wake me when you want to switch, you should get some sleep too before we head out tomorrow?" With that, Jason turned to his left side, weapon under his right arm, and closed his eyes. He didn't really want to sleep however, just relax a little.