(Crash) Life As We Know It

Wanderlusst
Silver

Re: (Crash) Life As We Know It

Post by Wanderlusst » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 pm

Dani swallowed a little as she looked down at their hands. She knew this wasn't wasn't, that maybe her child shouldn't be mixed in with whatever was going to come her way, but it was too late now she had already told him. So she put a smile on her face as she gently took her hand away, she pulled out a pen and wrote down her number.

As she slid it over the table she said softly,"That night was amazing, but it was just one night... one wonderful night that will get outweighed by something in your future. I don't need promises or money either but for the future of our baby, please do consider being apart of their life.." she whispered before she stood up, grabbing her coffee she added,"If you ever need to get away and just have fun though call me..."before quickly adding,"I don't mean too much fun but... fun.." before she turned and walked back to the counter.

Dani felt a whirlwind of emotions as she pushed her way into the back. Squeezing her eyes shut she sighed softly before taking off her ape,"I'm heading home!"she called to her Mother as she clocked out and left through the backway. Dani needed to get away from her emotions and own thoughts about Ash... a man who was going to be married.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Ash silently watched her leave and listened to her words and with a sigh he stood and putting the paper in his pocket before heading out the front. What was happening with his life, he thought as he walked down the sidewalk, here he was talking to a woman that made him happy and yet it wasn't in the plan for him. He shook his head a little as he came along to the valet of the restaurant giving them his ticket, it wasn't long before he was in his car driving down the road back to the high raise apartment that he called home. His mind seemingly shut down as he drove because the next thing he remembers is that he was standing in his lush apartment, "Why does life have to be so complicated" he says aloud to no one and fixes himself a glass of water before walking over to the large white sectional couch.

Pulling the number out of his pocket he thinks for a few moments about what he should do, he personally wanted to call Dani but then the voices of his parents and Heather came to mind telling him to throw away the number. He felt as if he were at a fork in the road with no real signs to say which would be the correct way, but looking up he nodded to himself and grabbed his phone and quickly entered her number.

"Come on, pick up" he says to himself as he paces around his apartment hoping that she would answer.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:56 am

When Dani had arrived back home she was alone in her apartment with no roommate so she decided to take a long bath before watching some movies. Of course, her choices didn't help get her mind off Ash if anything they had made it worse. As she sat there, she thought her encounter with him this morning, and how he had said he wanted to see her but then the thought of him being seen with her would ruin his reputation came into mind.

Dani groaned softly,"What are we gonna do my little jellybean?"she whispered as she placed a hand on her stomach. When Dani heard her phone ring she reached over for it to see an number she didn't know pop up.

Pressing answer Dani brought the phone to her ear,"Hello?" She asked.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:13 am

After so many rings Ash was nearly about to give up, but hearing the voice of Dani caused him to freeze and like that he had lost all courage. "Hey Dani? This is Ash" he says mildly feeling awkward, "I'm not sure why I was...I mean I'm calling because...you know I had this big speech in mind to say when I called, but honestly I don't think it would help" he laughs lightly. He pulls his tie looser until he was able to take it off before he continued, "look I just wanted to say I did mean what I said and I still do wish to see you again even knowing all the luggage I carry around" he nods rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand.

He thinks for a moment before smirking, "I have nothing to do tomorrow and if you are free how would you like to go to a show...one of my old house keepers I found out has a son that runs a karaoke bar in the down town area. It's not ideal, but we could keep a low profile there and get to know one another" he says with enthusiasm.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:40 pm

Dani's heart jumped as she heard Ash's voice come over the speaker. A small smile came to her lips as she listened to him ramble nervously, for some reason Dani liked that she could do that to him. Shaking her head a little she cleared her throat slightly,"I would like to see you again too Ash.. tomorrow works for me,"she said softly.

She looked at the clock before asking,"What time should I be ready at?"she asked not wanting to be late for their.. get together? Date? She didn't know what it was but she didn't worry too much about it.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:19 am

With her agreement to meet him he did a small dance before looking at the schedule for tomorrow, "I am free after 2 tomorrow...I guess it was be a date then" he nods before looking at the time. "Oh well I need to go I have dinner to go to and I'm not sure they would like the frosting suit I'm wearing" he manages to joke looking down at himself and laughing, "well I will see you then, Dani" he says her name softly before forcing himself to end the call so he could get ready.

With the call ended Ash quickly rushes to his room to shower all the while he begins to hum a song he had once heard playing on the radio. After a shower and change into another high priced suit he is now fully singing to the empty air of his apartment, and even though it had been years since he had last sing aloud he felt he sounded the same but his voice quieted to a hush as he left his apartment in order to make it for dinner with his soon to be extended family. Which he was already running late for as it seemed.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:24 am

Dani laughed at his joke,"Right well I will see you tomorrow then,"she said before she hung up. Dani smiled to herself as she danced a little before she turned around to see her cat, Oscar looking at her,"What?"she asked before she left the living room. Just as she crawled into bed her phone rang again,"Hello?"

"Dani what are you doing ?"Ally's voice came over the phone,"it doesn't matter just get dressed and meet me at around the corner. No excuses."

With that Ally hung up. Dani groaned as she rolled out of bed and got dressed, after she was done she headed out and walked around the block to meet Ally,"What?"she asked with a small frown.

Ally grinned,"Come on girls night." Ally pulled her into the movie theatre. Dani sighed and followed her friend into the theatre.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:16 am

The Fitzgerald was one of the few 5-star restaurants in the city and those that entered where dressed as such with everyone both entering and already inside where dressed very formally, so much so that Ash himself felt slightly underdressed as he looked around waiting for the host to see where the Henry's had been sat. Once he had found them he walked Ash over to the table then turning back to returning to his job, "My apologies on my lateness I was held up with the elevator in my building" he lied coolly and sat down next to Heather. Heather smiled at him then looked to the older man that was her father, he looked angered at the lateness but a look from Heather forced him to smile.

"It is not a problem we just were sat down ourselves, love" she says with a smile, "I did however go ahead and ordered you a glass of champagne" she smiles.

"Oh what is the occasion? Did your father when another case" he ask looking across the table nodding to the man who returns the gesture with a roll of his eyes.

"No actually due to father retiring soon I will be taking his place and well because of this I thought it would be fun to move up the date of the wedding from December to May" Heather says calmly around the rim of her glass.

"May? but that might be a little to soon don't you think?" he ask thinking about it more and knowing that the date was just barely two months away. "I mean it's wonderful yes, but you had planned out every last detail."

"Yes and the vineyard was a little hesitant to change the dates so suddenly, but we did find a legal loop hole that we brought up to the owners and explained to them that we would look over the legal issues that would come of such a thing if we could have the wedding earlier" she laughs lightly, it was a laugh he knew was something she did when she had won a case and this was no different.

"Okay then May it shall be" he nods putting on a fake smile as Heather turns back talking to her mother while her father sits quietly watching Ash with a stern look.

Wanderlusst
Silver

Post by Wanderlusst » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:22 am

As the night played out Dani found herself having fun. After the movie they went and got dinner before they walked home, as they did Ally looked at Dani,"So you met him? What's he like?"

Dani sighed a little,"Handsome, charming, brilliant... and.." she trailed off.

"And?"Her friend pressed.

"Getting married so.. let's move on from this discussion."

"Wait what?! Dani he's engaged?!"Ally yelled.

Dani flinched a little before she sighed,"You know what? I think I'm gonna go get a bite to eat."

"We just had dinner."

"I mean dessert and I'm going alone. Goodnight Ally!"She called as she hurried off. As she got away from her friend she sighed again, well this isn't going well, she thought as she pushed open the door to a diner a few blocks from her condo. As she sat in a booth a waitress greeted with a menu, Dani looked through it quickly, settling on some pumpkin pie.

When the waitress came back Dani ordered it along with a hot chocolate. The waitress wrote it down before she disappeared into the kitchen, as Dani waited she looked out the window she sat by.

CrashJr
Bronze

Post by CrashJr » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:45 am

The night continued on with Heather telling Ash this and that about the wedding and what all she was planning for it. Ash just nodded and agreed offering his opinion every so often even if it falls on deaf ears. Finally, he thought, as the check came and Mr. Henry grabbed for while fixing Ash with a stern look, Ash nodded at the man not really feeling like challenging the man and so Mr. Henry paid. "Well it was a pleasure to see you again Mr. and Mrs. Henry and I will be counting the moments until the wedding, dear" he says kissing Heather on the head as he stood, "I do wish to stay, but I have other matters to attend to however, but I will wish you all a good evening" he nods and quickly walks away wanting nothing more then to get away from Mr. Henry's glare at the moment. Once outside he sighed in relief and waiting for his car, he pulls out his phone and sends a text to Dani's number.

"Well dinner has been better I hope your evening is fairing better then mine"

He sends the message before putting the phone back in his suit jacket pocket.