A Happy "Accident" (Aelirenn)

Go shopping! Open a store! Go bankrupt! Die in poverty!
DaTurtle

A Happy "Accident" (Aelirenn)

Post by DaTurtle » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:03 pm

Zaxorie wondered the market after splitting off from Varian. She browsed through the alchemy sections not really sure what to look for but tried anyway. While Varian checked with a witch for a magical way to replemish mana, she check with alchemists instead. Vendors tried selling her on mushrooms, powders, strange vials and oddly enough soap. Despite doubting it having any magical properties she still bought the soap, it smelled amazing.

As she wandered she noticed a young elf girl browsing through potion ingredients. Zaxorie looked at the smaller woman and came up with a sneaky plan, being a Teifling devious schemes came natural to her. She smirked and stood next to her and waited pretending to be browsing. When the girl began to walk away Zaxorie's tail swung low and got cuaght in the girl's legs causing her to trip. "Whoops!" Zaxorie yelped before quickly pivoting back and catching the girl in her arms. Zaxorie then casted a minor illusion spell to have a soft breeze blow through her hair. As she looked down to the cute elf she at first wore a concerned grimace that slowly melted into a sweet smile. "I get a lot of people who fall for me but not this many who literally do." She joked and help her back up on her feet. Zaxorie gently brushed her off and looked to where she guessed her eyes were and blushed a deeper shade of pink. "Forgive me, I swear this thing has a mind of it's own." She said and made a gesture to her spaded tail which waved behind her. My name is "Zaxorie, I'm a bard by trade. Would you happen to be an alchemist?" She asked and gently offered her hand to shake.
I'm a 'the glass is half filled with poison' kind of guy.

Gastersans

Re: A Happy "Accident" (Aelirenn)

Post by Gastersans » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Sage
mandrake root
board hide

None of the ingredient stood out to Aelirenn. It was nothing she couldn't get for free in the wild.
Other people started to walk off and she did not want to give the owner the impression that the was an actual customer so she turned and started to walk off.
But instead of walking off to continue her day she tripped over something. Aelirenn braced herself to hit the ground, get up and continue to walk like nothing ever happened. Instead she found herself in the arms of a girl.
Two black eyes stared right into her white ones. Her pink skin, soft pink hair and horns were unlike anything she had seen before.
This city was starting to learn that there are more races then she was aware of.
As the girls hair was being blown back by a soft breeze, she smiled sweetly back at Aelirenn.
"I get a lot of people who fall for me but not this many who literally do." Aelirenn couldn't help but chuckle and was grateful that she had brushed any dust or dirt off her. It was already hard enough to keep her tunic clean in the city.
Aelirenn accepted her apologies with a smile and watched her tail with curiosity. Her mouth falling open for a second or two.
Tails? On anything other then a dog? Amazing!
Quickly she shut it and listened to what the horned creature had to say.

''Would you happen to be an alchemist?" As she accepted the handshake, she introduced herself as Aelirenn and thought for a second.
She indeed was capable of making multiple healing potions and salves but she had never considered if she could call herself an alchemist.
Not that there wasn't anything she wasn't willing to try and brew. Especially if this helped both her and her new friend out.
Aelirenn would learn something new and Zaxorie would use it for... well whatever she was going to use it for.
''I specialize in healing salves. So, I suppose I would be. Would there be anything I can be of service with?''

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:17 am

As Zaxorie watched the girl's face she noticed the elf take interest in her tail, she had probably never seen a person like Zaxorie before. Zaxorie would have originally guessed she was a runaway village girl like herself and judging by her mannerisms and cute naive expressions this appeared to be evident.

"Yes actually, I'm looking for a means to recharge magical power quickly. I use a lot of illusion magic to enhance performances so playing a full concert is extremely taxing." She explained. "Now I'm not much of an expert when it comes to potions, and I would appreciate some help I might even make it worth your while." Zaxorie offered and wondered how Varian would react to her giving out free tickets, she figured he'd be fine with it so long as they got what they needed.

Gastersans

Post by Gastersans » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:58 am

Aelirenn listened carefully to what Zaxorie had to say.
Recharging of magical powers? Well, that certainly was something she had very little experience with.
She had picked up a book or two before when she was going through some old, abandoned village. Some of them about magical spells. Most of them about tales of fairy's and mad kings.
She had picked some of them up, read them outside while she fed on some rabbit.
She slipped the parts of healing others, as that is what she knew best.
Not that she needed books to remember how to make potions like that. Her mother made sure those recipes where glued to her brain.
Aelirenn remembered some of the ingredients for a mana potion though,
mushrooms
Dark coloured maca roots
Some grinded up oregano...

That's where her mind when blank, but that should be enough ingredients to make the potion that Zaxorie needed.

"Well I am more then happy to help you with your quest to this potion. All I need is a quite place to work, some vials or bottles and.. Aelirenn looked through her pouch to check on the ingredients she needed. Oregano was there, neatly wrapped in a small bundle. The roots and mushrooms where a different story.
She would had to go and get them from the woods. Her eyes looked over at the bard for a second. There wouldn't be a change that she might have or know where to find what she needed, was there?
..and some ingredients. A bunch of red-ish mushrooms and some maca roots. Their colour would be yellow." Aelirenn ended her sentence and looked at her the bard.

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:14 pm

Zaxorie nodded and thought for a moment. "Well I'm not sure where to get those, but I might be able to get my boss to pay for whatever else you need. I don't want to promise anything just yet since I actually only just got the job but I might be able to persuade him." Zaxorie said before giving her a sweet smile. "Who knows I might even get to throw in some tickets for you, backstage ones if I can." She offered and realized she ought to be heading back to Varian and check up on his progress. "Well Ms Aelirenn I should probabbly get going but I'd love to keep in touch with you, maybe we could meet soon and talk over a meal?" She asked gave a little blush.

Gastersans

Post by Gastersans » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:09 pm

Aelirenn had never seen a bard play before and it would be nice to have some entertainment instead of tracking herself through mud.
''I believe there is one shop that sells the ingredients I need. It is on the edge of town.'' Telling the location to Zaxorie so if she ever had to make it on her own, it would be the place to go for her.
''I would be more then happy to go get the ingredients. Your boss can pay me back later, when I am backstage.'' Aelirenn said and gave the bard a playful wink.
''Let's meet at your theater? I would love to talk and have a meal.'' Aelirenn smiled.
''I will brew up the potion you need after I get the ingredients and I will hand it to you after I got my coin? Sounds like a plan?'' she asked.