[Clara blackwood] Helping eachother out

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Gastersans

[Clara blackwood] Helping eachother out

Post by Gastersans » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:54 pm

It was never Aelirenn's favourite place to visit, but the city always had the supplies she needed; food, herbs and anything else she could use on her adventures. She had spent her coins, filled her belly and was now sitting on a small wall. Enjoying the sun light. 
Her eyes followed the people that walked pasted and she inspected every single one. Aelirenn would pick the woods over the crowded, stinking streets of city’s any day but it gets lonely. And without a buddy by her side, she enjoyed to be among the people from time to time. 
The city wasn’t the biggest one she had visited so far, but certainly not the tiniest. It holds everything you need. There are shops to restock on fresh food, a tavern to spend the night, some other shops and places she had yet to check out, and a blacksmith, which she was all too familiar with.
It has been a long while since she had worked on anything with her father. Her head turned to her left and she focused on the sounds coming from the workshop filled with all kinds of weapons. With jealousy she listened at the sounds of hammer hitting swords and the sizzling of water when hot steel entered the barrel. It made her miss her home village.
As she looked over the weapons she remembered that she was missing arrows to match her bow, seeing the last ones broke when she was trying to hunt down a deer.
Aelirenn jumped off the wall, and started to walk over to the shop but as she put her hand into her pouch she realized that she had spend her coins on food. 
Looking around, she got an idea when she had seen some abandon pile of woods laying around. She picked a piece up, took a bit of coal when no one was looking and she walked towards the market place.
If anything, it would be easier to make coin here then out in the wilderness. 
‘’Will make repairs for coin.’’ the black letters where big and visibly written down on the board. Aelirenn ended up looking around the market to see if anything needed repair.

lowlaville

Re: [Clara blackwood] Helping eachother out

Post by lowlaville » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:01 am

wrote: "will make repairs for coin,"
said this random board carried by a woman, an elf of considerable look. Look though was hardly what had attracted Clara to her. It was more her immediate need than anything. The locking mechanism of her shoulder pads were rusty and almost on the verge of falling off, and her werewolf armor's mid waist piece had completely worn off due to wear and tear. Clara wasn't rich by any means, and the armor she wore on the job was passed down to her from the village chief. They hardly fit her at all, but she couldn't afford to be picky or choosy when it came to these matters. Clara was lucky she could even afford to wear them. Most of the grunts in the city guard only wore leather or rags. She was far better off than them. It was only those of nobility within Azuria that could afford to spend huge sums on their armor.

She was in her werewolf form, 6'6" in height, and wearing a rag around her in order to have some decency. She preferred roaming without anything on as a werewolf but humans seem to find that offensive, as such, Clara had worn a large rag around her with her armor neatly packed into one bundle and she carried it on straps on her back. Truthfully, the young werewolf had spent most of the morning trying to find a vendor in the market place who would fix her armor for a cheap price. Alas, she had no luck as such. The blacksmiths were all used to working for the noble class, and their prices were enough to dry any commoner's wealth in one go. Her income was barely 3 silver pieces a month, which was barely enough to feed herself and pay for her bed (which is actually the attic of a stable where she worked part time cleaning it). Most often that not, Clara would go out hunting, finding a rabbit, a deer or something along the lines to make up for her thin income.

Still, Clara did not hate it. She dreamt big, of making it to the top tiers of Azuria guard, of protecting the Kingdom and it's people from any and all disturbances. The country saved her from certain death and she meant to repay them with her life. She felt she owed Azuria at least that much. In any case, her talents and she herself was unknown as of yet, and she did not particularly plan actions to change this fact. Clara believed everything happened at their opportune moment. If it happened, it happened. She wasn't going to rush in like a mad woman and ruin her chances at making progress.

"will make repairs for coin," She approached the woman with high hopes. The woman looked like she was desperate as well. The question though was whether or not she was qualified to be of use to her. "I have coin, and I need some repairs." Clara's spoke with a voice thicker than an average woman's but with the sweetness of one nonetheless

Gastersans

Post by Gastersans » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:13 pm

It had been a while and Aelirenn still had no one come up to her. Not that she could blame anyone.
There was an actual blacksmith a moment away from her and she had no proof that she could actually repair anything.
It wasn't like her home village where she would proudly show off the swords she had help cast,
or tell tales of all the knights she had fixed the armour of.
She was close to giving up. Who needed arrows anyway right? She could always try and learn how to make traps,
maybe flirt her way to some, or steal..
I was like the Heavens heard her thought and had send someone to make her forget about those sins.
Never before had Aelirenn seen anyone that large...or furry for that matter. Her head falling back slightly to be able to look the potential customer in the eyes.
''I have coin, and I need some repairs''
As she had not expected to be met with such a pleasant voice, her eyes quickly went from the werewolf face to her paws.
Aelirenn was excited to help the new customer, she straightens her back and gave the wolf a kind smile.
'''I'm happy to help, My name is Aelirenn.''she paused for a second and looked around.
'' I'm not at home and have no proof, or my normal tools for that matter, and I might look blind to anyone that pays no attention to me. But I will fix your armour and make it shine like the starts that might guide you through the dark nights'' As she spoke, she pulled a small sack from her back. Opening it she showed the tools she would use.
Before reaching out her hand to shake it, her fingers touched the steel ring that hangs around her neck.
She brought it with her when she left home, in case she ever needed to make a small weapon or repair anyone's armour.
Today was the day to finally use it.
Hopefully she had not lost her skill.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:54 am

"how...much will it...cost?" The werewolf asked, a bit shy to admit she had no money to afford the more expensive services. As long as she was able to make her armors not fall mid battle, it was good enough for her. So in terms of her vendor's skill, she didn't much care as long as it was within budget.

Gastersans

Post by Gastersans » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:13 pm

''Oh well, that depends on how much of my service you need. Normally I would have to ask 3 gold pieces to fix your entire armour.'' she admitted to the wolf ''but we are both struggling here, so pay me what you can spare and perhaps share a tale or two while I fix your things?'' Aelirenn offered.
''Let's go somewhere more private so I can start a fire and begin to work''
Last edited by Gastersans on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:43 am

Beggars certainly be choosers, and no, she wasn't calling herself a beggar, but damn, even this black smith had a price of three gold pieces! That was paramount to half a year of her profits she made from the current job as a recruit in the city guard. No way was she going to be able to afford that. Fortunately for Clara, the girl seemed to be aware of her desperate situation, or at least, she could guess as much.

"Lead the way!" Clara smiled, "I have like 3 Silver coins on me at the moment, but I will surely pay you back some day!" Though stories, she was going to tell, of course, but she was also going to pay her back some day.

Gastersans

Post by Gastersans » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:50 pm

Aelirenn put down the sign smiling and started to walk, first to leave the city, then to continue towards the woods.
Before going in, she had spend a couple of days hanging around the city first. Never knowing what men might think of elves, she wanted to play it safe.
And if it wasn't for her race and pointy ears? It would be her glowing eyes. Farmers and peasants never seem to be much of a fan of them, imagine what the armed guards would do to her.
After walking through the city walls and finally being off the cobblestone road, Aelirenn sat down for a second to take of her leather shoes.
''I never do like walking in these, but..'' she stood up with a sigh, holding her shoes in one hand ''It keeps my feet protected from the rough streets and horses parading around. My toes are something I need'' the elf joked and laughed to herself, enjoying the soil beneath her feet.
Continuing to follow the small marks she had made in the trees with her dagger, she found the camp that was set up a few days ago. Hidden among the low hanging branches and big bushes.
Clearing the leaves and sticks that had fallen down off her self constructed fire pit. Moving some stuff around and trying to start a fire again.
Dry wood, some stone and a bit of air
She remembered what her father taught her. Then again, it would always be easier to make a fire in a place where there is plenty of dry wood, and you could control the amount of wind.
''Okay, let me take a look at that armour of yours. If it is anything like the armour I used to make with my father I would have no problem fixing it.'' Stopping her sentence to pull her tools from her sack, laying them out on the ground. ''If it is not, then well, I continue to learn something new every day!'' and finished with a cheery voice.
Looking up at the wolf, she made a gesture for her to sit down. Then her attention was forwarded towards the fire.
''So, tell me your tales..um'' her eyes moving back towards the creature standing in front of her one more time, realizing she never got a name.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:00 am

Clara followed the elf quietly, nodding at the passers and the gate guards as they headed out. The sun was nearing mid day, and with that came down the brunt of heat. For a furred werewolf like her, it was uncomfortable without a doubt, and that was the only reason why she turned back to her human form half way through the dirt road, toward the elf's camping ground. She'd just wrapped the rug tighter around her naked body so as to prevent anyone from seeing her.

This was perhaps the only thing she didn't like about transforming back and forth between forms. They didn't make clothes that really stretched and became human sized. God, she wished they had some of that in Azuria. Back when she was younger, Clara had always thought Azuria would be the solution to this problem of hers. Alas, that was not the case.
wrote: ''I never do like walking in these, but..'' she stood up with a sigh, holding her shoes in one hand ''It keeps my feet protected from the rough streets and horses parading around. My toes are something I need''
"Mmm." Clara nodded in agreement. That being the case, she was a werewolf. Even if she ended up losing a toe or two because of tight shoes, they'd just regrow. The only trouble was the pain of having to regrow a nail. That one time, her nail broke during transformation. It brought her a lot of pain, temporary pain, pain that she needed to learn to deal with, especially since the transformations tended to violently break and reform muscles, bones and organs in rapid successions. It wasn't just some magical alteration of self, it was very much a physical reality Clara had to deal with whenever she did so. "Just be glad it's only the shoes," She spoke, her voice now much sweeter and vastly more human.

They left the road behind and entered a veil of trees and shrubs. After a short walk, they arrived on the elf's turf, her camp. Clara gave her set of bundled armor and chain mail before retreating to a stump nearby, and set herself down on it. She looked extremely vulnerable without her swords or proper clothes at the moment, just hugging herself as she looked to the elf who was about to begin her work.
wrote:''So, tell me your tales..um''
"Clara Blackwood," The werewolf apologized, her crimson gaze meeting the glowing eyes of Aelirenn for the first time since they'd left the city. It was interesting to her. She'd never seen an elf before in her life. "As for tales...I came from elsewhere but Azuria...was rescued by a farming village elder in Outlands...and here I am now!" She wasn't much of a story teller, and didn't know how to spice up a story, but that was pretty much the entirety of the truth of the situation she'd come to find herself in.

Gastersans

Post by Gastersans » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:49 pm

Aelirenn would remember her name. She did not think she could ever forget a creature like her.
As she listened to the tales that came from, the now small female sitting in front of her, she took the armour and separated it in front of her.
Looking at it, she realized that it was not the armour she normally would fix.
But Aelirenn never turned down a challenge. Checking on the fire, she took her tools and went to work.

''Our adventures are quite different then. I came here looking for anyone that might have the location of my mother, and..'' Stopping, Aelirenn looked up at Clara, realizing that she had no idea what her story was so far.
''My mother left her tribe to be with my Father'' she explained ''after she received me she could not have been happier. Only years later she started leaving our village. Seven sun downs at a time.'' the sound of her hammer interrupting Aelirenn for a few seconds. Working out some bigger kinks.
''I know she left to look for her tribe, but who knows what they have done to her.'' Her hand swept over her forehead, removing the sweat. ''Her tribe, the Aen Shiede, they shunned her after she left. They do not accept humans like my mother does'' Talking about her mom was hard on Aelirenn sometimes; not knowing where she was and if she was alright, but it had been so long that she had talked to anyone that it felt good to get it off her chest.
Her hammer coming down on the armour hard when the elf continued to talk about her village; how she would go and train in the woods. Or go hunting with her mother. Fixing armour for passing knights. She talked about how she was weak for any knight and that she would happily accepted it when they wanted to show their ''gratitude''.

The moon now shining upon them through the tree branches and the fire leaving a warm, orange glow on their faces. Aelirenn looked down at the armour and smiled to herself.
It might not have been something she worked on before, but it definitely was fixed now!
Proudly she handed the armour back to Clara, hoping that she would be pleased with the work.

lowlaville

Post by lowlaville » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:46 pm

"Intriguing...Aelirenn," Especially the part about her having possibly lain with every knight whose armor she'd fixed or tinkered with. Well, her life, her rules, Clara had supposed. At the end of the day though, it didn't matter much to her what kind of life the girl had lead. She was helping her...for coin a lot less than what was standard for the same job. This is good enough for Clara. "If you are looking for your mother, then perhaps I may be able to help?" This was the least that she could offer, and, as one would have it, something she was good for. Her nose was, at least. "Of course, if you want my help that is."