[Guild/Tavern/Inn] The Dragon's Scale

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Guild/Tavern] The Dragon's Scale

Post by Monika » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:20 am

Image Mysterica had been focused on watching the bird leave when they had started talking about stuff she didn't understand. Her understanding of the language wasn't well enough to keep up with the long winded speeches they had, but she became aware of what was happening right next to her. There was no way she could avoid being caught up in the commotion and stared at the two, not entirely sure what was going on at first. But the tension and hostility she could tell. So this is what hostility was. She didn't like it, at all. And she was standing directly behind Carvin now with his movements.

"What is with you two?!" The Opal Elf shouted, which almost had a crystalline tone to it, similar to a ringing of a crystal glass. She was surprised at the sound that came of her. She had never raised her voice before. "Just stop this!" She exclaimed as she stepped between the two, obviously unafraid of either of them. "If this is how people act outside of my nation... I am unsure I like the outside world very much..."

I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Carvin stared up at the large dragonoid but wasn't bothered at all by the size difference between them. Carvin stood naturally nearly seven feet tall and if he so desired he could grow even bigger, but he still intended to keep what he was a secret for the time being. He had stayed hidden for over five hundred years and he wasn't going to let some insolent youth goad him into revealing what he was just because the youth had an over inflated opinion of himself and his species. So he'd have to rely on his more mundane abilities to deal with the Drake. This of course would be more than enough.

Carvin was a Therian, one of the Ancient races that had walked the earth when it was still new. Therians had been one of the first humanoids to appear along with the Ancient Elves and that had been long before any breed of dragonoids had existed. As for the Drakes potential power Carvin knew it was nothing for him to worry about. Carvin had killed more real dragons single handedly than he could even count, and there was no way a dragonoid would be anywhere near the same league as the real thing. His weapon could cut through even the strongest dragon scales and dragonoids scales were much softer.

Carvin could see the confidence the Drake had in himself, and his equipment. He thought it was amusing and for once he was glad that all records of his people had been destroyed. It meant that Repter had no idea what he faced. The armor and weapons Carvin carried was a magically forged metal called Orichalcum. It was a metal that only the Therians had the ability to create. Orichalcum looked like coppery rusted steel but was stronger and lighter than mithril. Many underestimated the metal because of its looks but none ever made that mistake again after seeing the metal in battle. Carvin knew of the metal the dragonoid carried, and had even fought against some Drakes that had carried the metal years before. They had been a part of a bandit raider party and they had shown the same confidence in their equipment as Repter now did. His sword has sliced clean through the layers of armor, and their scales underneath, like a hot knife through butter.

Carvin could feel that the Drake was trying to still assault his mind with his mental attack but it no longer mattered to him. Therians were only placed at the possibility for risk to initial mental attacks. After that their mind naturally could detect mental attacks from the same source and those attacks would be stopped before they could come anywhere close to reaching their minds. The dragonoid was merely wasting his own time and energy. The Drake then seemed to attempt to insult him by saying that Carvin should've died with his mother. Carvin was dissapointed that the dragonoid would even attempt such a tactic but it had no effect on him. He had nothing to do with his mother's death, and he had avenged the genocide of his people many times over since their fall.

Carvin prepared to respond to the Drake whenever Mysterica had steeped between them and berated them for their actions. For a second his heart seemed to flutter in response to her actions and words. She reminded him in some ways of how people from his home had once been. The Therians had long been a peace loving people who preferred acting as mediators in conflicts, but they still were skilled warriors if the need arose. Carvin looked down at her and as he did his expression turned soft. He then said "Mysterica, I respect your dedication to peaceful coexistence, and I pray that you're people can always hold to that lifestyle. However, you will come to learn that most in the world outside of your kingdom care little for peace. There have even been people who were once like your own, and they were wiped out by those who envied and resented them. Now, if you wish, I will explain what has caused this particular situation to occur. However I would suggest that we wait until we are absent certain unwanted company."

He then turned to look again at Repter and as he did his face once again took on the hard expression that he had earlier. Once he was facing the dragonion he said "Out for respect for the Lady we will end this now. However, if you should ever attempt to start something with me again then I will make sure that you regret the decision. Consider this your last warning to steer clear of me and those in my company. Where things go from here, and any consequences that come from misguided decisions after this point are all dependant on you and the choices you make from here on out. Now say nothing else, and leave me be." Once he was finished speaking he returned his sword to the scabbard on his back then he sat down seeming to completely ignore the dragonion now. Then he returned to eating his eggs and meat after having been so rudely interrupted from earlier.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:14 am

Repter listened to the elf, though it would of been a pleasure in squishing the weakling however, in respect of the elf and the sake of the tavern he resided in striking the lowlife. Repter clearly saw no fear in the swordsman which he admired. Most would cower with their tails between their legs before challenging a drake and as it seemed insults towards him didn't work. It only intrigued him. It would be a pity to kill such a hunter. That was the only reasoning he needed.

But he wasn't quiet finished yet, "Your threats meaning nothing to me. Your pretty words will only go so far when you toy with fire. The next time we face, do not provoke me again or it will be the last time you will see the sun. You still have much to learn about my race."
Not having anything else to say Repter recoiled his blades and took off his metal claws. He stopped his attack and brought his mind back. He turned to leave but was confronted by a small lifeform. A small white kitsune dressed in red.

Crystal walked in the midst of the group of three being very quietly, he tails only followed her movement and when she stopped they seemed to flow around her. She held her staff in her left hand in her right a ball of pink energy, floating in the air. She had grown a little irritated at the argument that she had to say something about it. Nothing practical but more just to spite both of them. Her soothing aroma lightens the air around them almost physically making the place brighter.
"I also have a threat to make if you don't mind..."

She looked the Therian . "I know who you both exactly are. Carvin I am sorry what happened long ago and I know memoires die hard but being a sad depressed glum doesn't help anyone. Especially insulting an oversensitive giant baby who takes every word personally."

Repter was just about to retaliate but the pink orb rushed to Repter's neck and stopped him from saying anything. Crystal had kept her focus on Carvin.
She let go of her staff and it stood on its own. She grabbed one of Carvin's hands and cupped it with both of hers. She felt her rough and aged hands. She looked at his eye. Grey and seemed lifeless but she has dwelt among Therians long enough to know what goes on in their minds. She can see he truly possess their spirit. Something that he should be proud of.
"You still have too much hurt and sourness. If you ever need help..."
She took one of her hands off his and revealed a mark she left, a black fox head with nine tails around it. It stayed for a few seconds.
"I will let you know that there were other families of my kind who also died to preserve you race. Just say my name and I will come."
While he was focused she slipped into his mind and planted her name. Crystal Tenko Fire Flower.

She turned to face the drake.
"As for you, It was a good thing you kept your ground, I'd be surprised if you lasted more than a minute against him. Just over a hundred years of age is nothing. You are still a child at the adults table and have much to learn. Armageddon's are only powerful through age and experience which you still lack. Your parents would be disappointed in you."

Repter glared at the kitsune but did not react. It was bad luck to strike against one of them as his race believed.

Crystal finally turned to the elf and gave a sweet and comforting smile. "Are you ok my dear?"
Last edited by Eragon on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
With great power, comes great electricity bills.

Droftarts

Post by Droftarts » Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:32 am

Jin stumbles throughout the street to the Tavern. Covering up his bleeding side, he steps into the building he had heard so much about. He cringes in pain as he pushes open the door a bit but continues on. While still trying to hide his wound he steps in fir hus first time. Taking a quick look at all the people in the room, and being quite suprised by what he sees, he walks to a side corner table and closes his eyes.

Thoughts of battles, pains, betrayals, and lost loves float around in his head. Again, Jin silently wishes for a friend then grunting revokes his wish knowing it will do no good. The fact that having friends is too dangerous draws his mind back to reality.

Realizing he has no money Jin scratches the back of his head in discomfort. Completely shying away from those depressing thoughts and throwing on a smile, he looks around excitedly for a waiter. He might even be lucky enough to fifind some money before she gets here. While waiting he starts to think about how he can help any of these people. The power of luck is a really good way to make someone's day. And who knows, today might be his luck day... or his very unlucky day, it realy is a toss up between the two.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:48 pm

The Dragon's Scale.

Personally, Rickard Riordan was fairly certain that no one currently working at the place had ever seen a dragon scale, much less an entire dragon. Not that he had, either, but he knew enough about them that he didn't actually want to. There was no sense in adventures with creatures of that ilk. Elk, on the other hand, were fair game. There was one behind him, tied down to a sledge, pulled along the ground behind his faithful horse. She wasn't complaining, but then again, she rarely did. He gave her an affectionate pat, combing gloved fingers through her mane. Unlike Rickard, she liked going in to town. That had less to do with people, and more to do with carrots.

She knew what she liked, anyway. That was more than he could say for most people. It wasn't that he didn't like people. There were some people he didn't like, to be certain, but some people were just unlikable. It was more that Rickard was indifferent to people. He'd always felt himself better off on his own, out in the woods, relying on his own skill. Once in a while, he brought something in to town, traded it for coin for those goods he couldn't make or procure by himself. There weren't many things... but there were always a few. Sometimes, he did without them. Today, though, he was feeling magnanimous. That, and it was too early in the year for frost, and a whole elk was far more than he needed for himself. The elk had been wounded, though, some sort of gash on its leg. It would have festered, and the creature would have been dead in a few days anyway. A couple weeks, at most. He'd spared it the misery, and decided to bring it into town. Maybe there would be news of something interesting.

Rickard ignored the tavern's signage, dismounting and walking his horse around the back way, pulling up by the back door that led to the kitchens, and giving her a gentle rubdown while he waited for someone to poke their head out. She didn't pay much attention to him, though.

Probably smelled carrots.

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Guild/Tavern/Inn] The Dragon's Scale

Post by Monika » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:37 am

While Zephora was busy with customers, Kadnissa heard someone at the back door. She headed towards the back and opened the door, looking out to see someone there with a horse and dead game. She smiled gently, her pink, spade tail flicking back and forth slightly. "Hello there, I am Guildmaster Kadnissa. What can I do for you?"
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Quickly, Rickard revised his original analysis about the Inn and its likelihood of having any legitimate claim to draconic influences. Fortunately, he knew how to adapt quickly to a situation, otherwise he probably would never have lived to see thirty. Since thirty was now far more distant than he would have liked to admit, and forty loomed upon the horizon, it was safe to say that he made the most of adaptation. "Guildmaster," he greeted her, in the slow and slightly rusted voice of one who speaks little, and infrequently, and usually not to creatures that were capable of conversation. "Heard you wanted game."

He didn't add anything further than that, figuring that the guildmaster could see well enough for herself what he had. The elk was fresh, but field-cleaned, since dragging a bleeding corpse through the city attracted flies at best and people at worst. He considered his handiwork. The pelt was still nice. A place like this wasn't likely to have much use for it, or anyone who knew how to skin it properly - it'd be a shame to let it get mangled. "Four silver. Or three and I skin it and take the pelt to the tanners." He was probably overcharging by a little, but it was best to start high and have some room to come down.

Pasta

Post by Pasta » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:31 pm

The gentle clacking of the hoofs of a horse pitter pattered against the dirt path which held a man upon its back. Slowly the two moved as a single unit, the horse looking ever forward while a man in knights armor rode in silence. His head was down looking into the neck of his horse staring at seemingly nothing. While his brown cloak covered his shoulders down along with his helm, a small gust of wind blew off his cover. As if the man was awoken from his daze he looked up. He allowed his horse to take a few more steps until he lifted on the reigns. The two stood at the edge of the wood line looking down into a town dully lit by the orange glow of flame. His eyes shifted side to side as he took in the whole view, nodding to himself he made a sound of a click and their ride began once more.

Riding into the town was no issue for the pair, the man upon the horses back raised his hand towards the guard and gave another nod, it seemed to be more of a thing of respect as they allowed entry. As for the market place it didn't seem to be too busy at this time, perhaps he had come at a time of lull. It didn't matter. The man rode further into the market his glowing white eyes from his helm staring back into his horses neck. Until the horse stopped itself. Letting out a huff. Raising his head from his dazed moment he saw the guards outside a certain building. The armor of elfish craft, guarding something. Perhaps...someone. Giving that clicking noise the two rode to the building.

As they reached the building he stopped his horse lifting the reigns again. But he slid off his horse and landed as silently as a man in metal armor could. Clanking around he guided his horse to a post, and tied their reigns off. Gently his hand pressed against the nose of the horse giving a soft pet. He muttered to his mount just for a small moment. As he turned away from his horse his hands lifted his hood again. His white fur on his shoulders ruffled as another gentle wind brushed the land. His armored hand now pressed against the wooden door while he ducked his head away from the guards. Which seemed to pay little mind to the stranger.

Entering the Tavern he paused in the door way. His helm look from left to ride taking in all the sights he could. His glowing eyes setting upon the elves. For a moment he simply stared at them all, his eyes switching from one to the other, brushing it off he moved to the counter. Standing tall at 6 feet and 2 inches he was a large man. But he said nothing as he awaited someone to come to him, and as if it was..magic.. his fingers toyed with a sudden golden coin within his hand. Left to ride the coin traveled between his fingers the small clink of metal on metal came from him. All he could do..was wait..

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:44 am

PRINCESSImageMYSTERICA
Image Mysterica watched the strange lady scold the two. She was still pretty confused, but looked to the woman when she came over to her and asked her if she was alright. She nodded lightly. "I am alright." She smiled lightly, hoping that whatever the shouting about was over. "What was that going on? Why were they shouting. Is that what other species call an.. 'argument'? Is that the word?"
KADNISSAImageDARENKO
GUILDMASTER

Kadnissa glanced towards the game, her keen eyes giving it a once over. She had to admit, it was pretty good size and clean kill. She nodded a little, looking back towards the hunter, smiling gently. "Normally our Chef tends to the game herself, but she's quite a bit busy right now, and I think we are all good on pelts for now, so you may keep it. She started to undo the pouch from her side, opening the bag and pulling out three pristine silver coins. They almost looked freshly minted, but as a dragontype, she couldn't help but keep them polished.
ZEPHORAImageREYNSFORD
THE DIVINE CHEF

Zephora had been making sure everyone was tended to, and did her best to keep out of the way of the potential fight going on. The fact that the Guildmaster didn't try to stop it, meant that she figured things were going to be fine. She just had to make sure she didn't get stepped on or bumped into. The chef of four and a half feet tall made her way around the commotion, seeing someone else come in. "hi there! Welcome to the Dragon Scale! Take a seat wherever you'd like!" she smiled happily. Boy was she tired.

Avalein
Bronze

Post by Avalein » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:06 pm

IIyana pushed the door open to the Dragon Scale, sitting down quickly nodded, "some elven wine please." she then turned around to watch the other guests in the scale. Closing her eyes before noticing a couple of the others in the tavern watching her. She shook her head turning around putting her head in her hands, before looking up. Fingering the necklace around her neck the last memory of her mother.

Looking up at Zephora smiled softly, "I have just moved here, where do you recommend that i go and explore?"
Last edited by Avalein on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Elrond: There are some who would not deem it wise.