[Guild/Tavern/Inn] The Dragon's Scale

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Ethonious

Re: [Guild/Tavern] The Dragon's Scale

Post by Ethonious » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:06 am

Faruh examined the menu, tilting his head to the side, looking at Eston and letting out a Caw.
"Fiech, No." Eston replied.
Faruh was persistent however, looking back to the Menu, repeating what he had done before, only to be shut down of his offer. The child-like crow tapped it's sharp peak on a particular text of the menu three times; the blueberries was such an enticing offer. He let out yet another caw. Eston's eyes grew heavy glaring at his companion who could only look, caw, and tap till he had received what he desired.
"Fiech. I am willing to wager ten Golden Capolies that it tastes just like Graisolberries back at home." Eston spoke, irritated at Faruh's childish behavior; he has a small basket of various fruits inside of the Packed armor, why was he so persistent?

Faruh cawed again, rubbing the tip of his beak at the back of the menu that Eston was holding. His resistance was futile, his companion had bested his adamant resolve not to spend more than what was needed. Faruh's flurry of irritating caws and taps had defeated Eston, who sighed heavily as he began to reorganize the menu as he had founded them.

The Chef had approached their table in the most convenient of time, harboring a friendly and welcoming smile.
"I will be having the Beef steak, preferably cooked medium rare, but any will do just fine. I would also like to have some Ervanic Lager, please." Eston politely spoke out to the person taking his order. The flying gnat cawed again, grabbing the attention of both Eston and the chef. The Crow looked at both of them, making sure he has grabbed both of their attention. Faruh waddled over to the side of the table, taking flight to another table, grabbing a menu, and flying back.

Faruh rubbed his beak right under the "Blueberries" print, as if a finger underlining text to read. The Winged child tapped his beak rapidly on the print, cawing twice. Eston kissed his teeth.
"...and some Blueberries, please. Putting it in a bowl would be Ideal for him. That would be all, thank you." Eston looked back at the chef with an expression that could only be compared to a tired parent's face. He turned his attention back to Faruh.
"Now. Put. It. Back. Ilah."
Faruh cawed before gripping the menu with his mouth and flapping his way to the other table, hastily setting it in the table and arriving back.

Eston groaned in silence, his posture slouching as he placed his head on his forearms for a few seconds. He took back what he had said earlier. Perhaps he should leave Faruh elsewhere next time.

He raised his head slightly, his sight observing other customers and employees, mingling, chatting. Some had taken their seats and claimed beds, he saw the monolith reptilian do so. At another table, a Human, who in appearance looks like a lone swordsman, perhaps a mercenary, talking to another woman, perhaps of royalty.

Faruh let out a soft caw. Eston let out a sighed chuckle, pointing a finger out to pet the top of Faruh's head.

"Too many barriers, Faruh. Sii vahli cepho atar. I am of the lower class. Not in my league, Faruh. Not in my league." He whispered observing the atmosphere of the inn from afar, with nothing else to do but wait.
Last edited by Ethonious on Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Insanity may reveal the uncharted ideas of ourselves. Tread lightly, lest you lose your humanity.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:03 pm

Carvin couldn't help but to get amused by the way that the woman seemed to get excited over the smallest of things. It made him remember the children who he used to play with so long ago whenever his people were still alive. But he quickly pushed the memory from his mind as she talked. He had learned long ago that memories could be crippling and he he did his best to never think on them. He was about to respond to her whenever his food arrived. He had a large plate piled high with beef steak, and duck eggs. Then another large plate with piles of taro, turnips, and collard greens. There was also a bowl of blackberries, and a saucer with a decent sized portion of rhubarb pie. He smiled down at the food as the different scents filled his nose. He hadn't eaten a real meal in over several months at least, and so he couldn't wait to eat now.

But then he had heard what the woman said next and so he decided to reply to her first saying "Sweetheart, a blind man could see your beauty. I don't think that there would be a way to hide it from anyone. So I don't know what you could do to not stand out. I mean you literally radiate your uniqueness to those around you. And I know that I've never seen anyone like you before. And I've been around for a very long time. Anyways, if you'd like I'd be happy to share my food with you, or if you'd rather I'd be fine with buying you a meal. I take it you haven't eaten in a while, or at the very least have been wanting to try the food hear for quite some time. Either way it's clear that you are hungry. So what do you say...my word, I just realized I don't know your name and you don't know what to call me either. Well, let's fix that first. You can call me Ronin. What might I call you my enchanting mystery lady?"

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Nestvura

Post by Nestvura » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Lucien was no stranger when it came to taverns. When he was younger a tavern such as this would have been the first place he stopped by. He'd silently read the notice board and complete whatever tasks he thought interesting. Back then he roamed from town to city, his band aimlessly drifting about. A life of thrills to be sure, but not one of meaning. Yet times had changed, and so had the Scion of the Lost.

The man who entered the Dragon's Scale was in many ways the stark opposite of what Lucien had been like when young. He wore a collared black cloak with several clasps running down the center, showing only a hint of the red tunic underneath. While no weapon was visible on his person, if anyone bothered to check outside they'd quickly spot the massive sheath hanging off the side of his steed. However, in terms of immediate defense, he'd only the dagger in his cloak and his Loyalist in the shadows.

He'd not planned on stopping at any taverns on his way to Wrenhaven, however, as he'd been riding past the Dragon's Scale he'd decided to make a quick stop. Azuria was uncharted territory for him, a land in which none of his previous connections would help. The only way to make up for this loss of information and contacts was to simply forge new ones and construct a new web of informants. The best place for such a task always seemed to be the taverns or guildhalls, a place where those looking for coin loitered.

His eyes briefly flickered around the room, taking note of a few of the more distinct patrons. The Dragonoid keeping to himself, a large woman armed with a hammer, and a twinkling elf were but a few of the ones he spotted. However he avoided approaching any of them quite yet, instead, he took a seat and waited. Attempting to get a general lay of the land before making any moves.
Last edited by Nestvura on Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:05 am

Repter spectated the newcomer. He instantly grew a dislike towards him. The way he carries himself and dresses. Doesn’t like it one bit. Though he kept his mind off it. Better not make a grudge of it.

With a heavy foot he stood up and yawned. The travel to Azuira proved a little more difficult than he anticipated. A little rest will do fine. He picked up his spear and made a recap of his surroundings He made his way threw the maze of chairs and tables, he didn’t bother to lift his tail off the floor, rather dragged it between the chair. Probably scratching the floor. He made his way to the bar, he walked beside Carvin and the women and patiently waited to be served by Zephora.
Last edited by Eragon on Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
With great power, comes great electricity bills.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:00 am

Image Zephora had taken Eston's order, smiling lightly as she watched the bird. "He is so adorable," she replied after watching for a moment, her smile widening a little. They always did get all sorts of people at the Scale, and she enjoyed watching all of them. She was far too small and combat incapable to go out and see the world herself. It was pretty difficult just getting to where she was. "I'll be out with your order in just a little while." The small chef replied as she looked back to Faruh once before heading for the kitchen.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:27 am

A new figure slowed to the front of the tavern. You could call her a local though her home is in the neighbouring forest. She is no stranger to Azuira or a matter of fact the Dragon’s Scale. She visits every now and then for a good meal but her reason to come is have a simple chat and make friends. The Scale is known to be a magnet to a diverse set. Which she likes. She likes meeting new people and being introduced to their culture.

Crystal wears a her iconic white decorated kimono. Her ever present katana is sheathed next to her hip and her staff in hand. As for her fan, it is tucked into her belt. She walks bare foot.

She entered the tavern and as always, the Scale isn’t empty. The chef and friend of course Zephora never ceases to please her customers so they keep coming back. Crystal casually walks to the bar with slight amused smile. As if she hadn’t a care in the world.

Ethonious

Post by Ethonious » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:29 am

Eston was relieved Zephora did not see Faruh as a pest. Her compliment was heard, especially by Faruh, who kept his eyes at her as she walked away, taking a second glance before tending to her business. Eston let out a deep sigh, the tensity of his nerves exiting through the very breath he exhaled. Just for this moment, he could let his worries subside and evaporate; the staff and the people alike were friendly nor suspicious of his presence. Hiding for years had kept him on a balancing act with who he could interact with.

Faruh was left with nothing else but to watch others and the very surrounding around him. He let a nonchalant caw, in which Eston replied with mumbling in his native tongue.
"Havi, just...do not bother the other travelers nor interrupt the workers."
Faruh was eager to spread his jet black wings, gaining height, flying to the second floor , landing on the railing. Faruh walked the whole length of the wooden railing till it descended in unison of the staircase. The curious corvid took to view of his surroundings. Faruh jumped , using his wings to slow his descend, landing on top of a table, observing the conversations the people in the front were having. The clever bird kept distance, listening from the edge of the table, almost invisible if they had not been paying attention of his presence.
Last edited by Ethonious on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insanity may reveal the uncharted ideas of ourselves. Tread lightly, lest you lose your humanity.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:43 am

Image "Oh, I do not look much different from the rest of my people, but thank you for the compliment," The woman smiled happily. "I am... oh... what is that word... Ah... ruler...? no... Princess. Yes, Princess Mysterica of the Opal Elves of Aunduriel, It is very nice to meet you." She introduced herself, sitting down at the counter as well. "And I can pay for my food... though... do they take Aundurillian opals?" She thought a little. She wasn't quite starting to feel the fatigue of her trip. Everything was so new and exciting, and she never really got to go anywhere before. Everyone seemed interesting, and she didn't entirely have any reason to feel as though she were in danger or shouldn't trust anyone. Of course, that was the problem of living in a nearly perfect, peaceful society. Trouble was nearly non-existent. She pulled out a couple of opals from her cloak. They were of Silver, purple, and red shimmering colors. She glanced over to see the large reptile creature come over. She blinked, looking at him in amazement.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:27 pm

Repter couldn’t help but let out a puff of smoke of amusement. Over hereing Robin and Mysterica talk made him very curious of the two. Ever since Robin put a knife to the little brats neck, Repter had a liking to him. Much like himself he doesn’t put up with anything. As for the elf. Well he had never heard of opal elves. He would very much like to know about it. He beauty only deepened his curiosity. So many thoughts ran thoughts his head. A few of them were for greed as well.

He leaned his heavy spear against the bar and continued to fidget with the couple of gold pieces in his hand. Standing at his full height of over 11 feet, with a deep voice he said, “Sorry if I am interrupting but I couldn’t help but to notice you two. If I may get stright to the point, I have never seen opal elves before and would much like to know more. To spike your own curiousity, my name is Repter Hedren and I too, of royal means. First heir to the thirteen drake clans...” he tailed off.
He had his tail around to the front of himself and extanded towards the elf and human. A typical drake gesture of bragging or laziness. In this case he is showing off a little.

The white furred Kitsune patiently waited for the divine chef to take her order. Crystal didn’t like calling out to her as she thought it seemed a bit rude so she ca come when she is ready. Mean while the trio at the other side of the bar has her attenetion. An elf, drake and human. Isn’t that something worth looking out. She knew drakes aren’t the ones to be open to others. The human looked like he wants to be alone and the elf. Well Crystal has heard of opal elves but hasn’t seen them. Maybe if she is curious enough she might go over as wel and have a chat.

Orophin
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation

Post by Orophin » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Carvin picked up the aged bottle of Dwarven Spirits that had been placed next to his food earlier. He then opened it and took a long swig as he listened to Mysterica introduce herself. He then placed the bottle down and picked up a handful of blackberries to eat. Mysterica then began to explain that she did have money and asked if he knew if it would be acceptable or not. He finished of the blackberries that he had been holding while he looked at her money and then said "I've honestly never seen coins like those ones. So I couldn't rightly say if they would accept them here or not. However, if your people have trade agreement with the humans then they may well accept them. You'd have to check with the proprietor of this establishment to make sure though."

At that moment he noticed the Dragonoid had approached them and started to speak. Carvin rolled his eyes whenever the man extended his tale towards them and was still facing his own food. He decided to glance over at the crow that had been flying around and then he silently let out some whistles that the crow would hear but most others shouldn't. The whistles were actually a form of avian speech and he had asked if the crow would like some of his blackberries. He had then moved the bowl so that they would clearly be in the crows field of vision. Afterwards he cleared his throat and then said "So, I'm curious hatchling. Did you really think that it was wise to upset the Lady earlier in such a manner? What if she had decided to retaliate? I doubt that it would've ended well for you of she had." He had said this without turning around so his back was still towards the dragonoid. He then started to eat some of his food that he had been staring at up till this moment. He decided to try the plate of vegetables first before his meat and eggs since he preferred saving the best for last.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl