[Event]The Winter Festival

Go shopping! Open a store! Go bankrupt! Die in poverty!
CanadianCake
Bronze

Re: [Event]The Winter Festival

Post by CanadianCake » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:54 pm

Skye considered those options and looked longingly at the food. She hadn't finished her pie, and she was rather hungry now after all that shade excitement.

"Let's go eat," she decided, heading toward the food vendors that had many savory items and some deserts on display. The problem was figuring out what to eat.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am
Kill me daddy

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:46 pm

It became a bit obvious to Gaius what Skye wanted to do when he caught her staring at the food stands. She wasn't able to finish that pie of hers after, the woman was bound to be a little hungry. So, following beside the tall elven woman the redheaded man looked around at the stalls. Each had some pretty delicious looking foods for sale, some even had sweet treats as well. His gaze moved from item to another trying to gauge what would the lovely lady like." In the mood for anything specific milady? A warm stew of some kind? A bit of meat? Perhaps a fine sandwich of our own creation?" Gaius spoke as they moved from one stall to the other. The smells and sights were mouth watering alone. Personally he could always enjoy a nice hot stew of almost any variety.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Reyn
Member+

Post by Reyn » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:14 pm

Iris moved her arm to cover the lantern with her dress. It was glowing quite dimly, sure, and everyone around her was fairly happy anyway, but she felt the need to be careful. It had been a while since her last visit to Azuria; there might be people here who could detect the magic the lantern used. She passed the action off as simply a sign of her being cold, holding the lantern closer to her to preserve heat or something like that.

After wandering around aimlessly for a while, Iris caught sight of a young woman looking at her from across the crowd. This made her smile a little; she must've made a good choice with Hana's body, then. She made her way through the crowd towards the food stalls at the back, browsing them idly whilst pretending not to take notice of the woman who saw her.

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Mirah, caught Rania's glance and looked towards the woman with her feline gaze. Then turned back to look at the rings Rania had mentioned. She looked them over and gave an approving nod. "I take those." She said gently to the merchant woman. The woman looked back at her with a raised brow. "That'll 8 gold pieces for one, and 4 gold for the other." She replied to Mirah.

Appalling really... Mirah thought to herself, however she reached into her coin purse and dug around for the needed amount. She had saved enough gold coins for a set of earrings she had eyed, but her kindness, and generosity often knew no bounds. She gave the woman her 12 gold pieces, and handed the rings to Rania. "Here, so you have a little something to remember me by should you ever leave Azuria." She said with a warm smile. She had spent all but her silver, which she had 18 of and her coppers, which she had countless many lying about not just in her coin purse but little bits she often found on the floor that were left behind.

The feline woman looked towards the found stalls, smelling the cooked meats, which tugged at her. Being mainly a carnivore by nature, meat was her weak spot when she was hungry.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 pm

Rania was completely caught off guard and was left speechless when her new friend bought the ring and the necklace for her. Mirah spent twelve gold on her...The two hadn't known each other for a day and she spent so much coin on her. That made her a bit nervous for a moment, she even contemplated returning the ring and giving Mirah back the eight gold for it. That would be like spitting in her face though, wouldn't it? Before anything could be done the ring and necklace were sitting in her hands looking spectacular." I don't...know what to say Mirah...thank you very much though. You...you didn't have to spend so much on me. I'll make sure to treasure these trinkets though and find a way to repay you." Rania spoke fumbling with her words a bit.

Carefully she placed the ring on her finger and tied the necklace around her neck. The blade sat upon her chest, an icy chill to it. The elf had never met someone as kind and generous as Mirah, if the woman hadn't said she could only be with a man she would've asked her out. A person like that is someone Rania wanted to be with, someone with a kind and generous heart. The elf couldn't help but sneak a peek as the woman with the lantern walked by. For a human she was quite lovely to look at, way out of her league though honestly.

She did catch her friend eyeing the food stalls and figured a way to start repaying her friend." Let's grab something to eat. Anything and all you can eat on me okay?" Rania stated as she grabbed the feline woman's arm and started pulling her towards the stalls. It would be a lie if her gaze shifted every so often to the lantern woman, why did she torture herself like this. The woman was likely not even into girls or even into elves for that matter.

Reyn
Member+

Post by Reyn » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:27 pm

As Iris continued to browse the food stalls, she noticed that the woman from earlier was still occasionally looking at her. She decided to look back, when the woman turned away. Iris had to admit, she didn't look that bad; especially compared to the dull, miserable girls she had met on her way from Hoskenn. Besides, the way she tried to hide the blush on her face was, quite frankly, adorable. Iris was so distracted by her that she almost forgot about the food stall she was in front of, prompting an irritated sigh from the man behind the counter.

"Ya gonna buy anythin', lass?" He frowned "Or are ya just gonna keep eyein' up that young lad, or whatever it was yer lookin' at... C'mon, I got other customers to feed 'ere...".

Iris nodded idly, sliding a few (ill-gotten) coins onto the counter and taking a small pastry from the top, smiling pleasantly at the shopkeeper and offering him a quiet word of thanks. With the lantern carefully in one hand an the pastry in the other, she left the food stall and began to slowly walk towards the woman and the small group she was standing by.

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:50 pm

"A stew sounds delicious," Skye said, pulling out hee money and paying the booth owner, who had been listening. She waited patiently and smiled at Gaius, the grabbed the bowl and spoon with a quick thank you to the cook.

"So do you have any family in Azuria?" Skye asked Gaius as she began walking around the festival again. The sun had now set and the lanterns were looking more beautiful than ever.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:37 pm

Gaius held a grin to his lips as the woman seemed to have read his mind and picked the stew. Skye was certainly seemed like his kind of girl. The man paid for his food and thanked the cook for the delicious smelling stew. With that he followed beside the elf, a bowl of stew and a spoon in hand. It was a bit surprising when she started asking about his family. The man just shook his head as he took a spoonful of stew and savored the wonderful taste." No, My sister lives in a kingdom pretty far away from Azuria. How about you?" Gaius asked with a gentle gaze as he thought about his sister for a moment. She was likely married to that boy who would become the captain of the guard. Far better off than if he had stuck around for the wedding.

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:58 pm

Skye thought of the clan she had separated herself from. Had not communicated with them for what seemed like ages.

"We aren't on the best terms, but yes, I have family in Azuria," Skye said with a distant look in her eyes. She ate her stew and looked at Gaius. He was looking at her strangely.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:53 pm

Mirah, not used to one simply grabbing her arm flinched. She then relaxed and followed after her friend. "Think nothing of is lass. I always treat friends with kindness. Besides, it'll be a good reason for you to remember to visit me if you choose to go on any adventures." She said with a soft chuckle. When Rania mentioned food, She smiled. "If you insist, let's her for the stand there. I've heard their roasted pork is to die for."

Mirah wasn't really accustomed to someone being generous to her. It was rather nice. It's what she sought in those she let stick around.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.