[Event]The Winter Festival

Go shopping! Open a store! Go bankrupt! Die in poverty!
Veilstar
Gold

Re: [Event]The Winter Festival

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:02 am

Gaius felt a flood of releif flow through him as Skye stated and seemed to be perfectly fine. He did chuckle at the fact she seemed upset that they didn't get to finish their pie. It sounded like something he'd usually say being interrupted during a treat like this. The young flashed a sweet smile towards Skye as he bowed and seemed apologetic for chuckling." Indeed, tis a shame we couldn't finish our treat. If you are alright with it milady I would greatly enjoy sharing your presence again. Perhaps we could enjoy some more pie together or find another treat?" Gaius offered as he held a hand out towards the lovely Elven woman. What little time they had shared had been aquite pleasant, be it they became friends or something more the young fellow would be fine with it. For even having such a magnificent beauty like Skye as a friend Gaius would feel quite honored.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:49 am

Maryen found her way to the Market Square, music filling her ears as she grew closer to the musicians. The scent was unlike any other day in autumn, floral and sweet instead of the cold pungent feeling in your nose when you would breath in. The leaves crunched beneath her feet as she walked to the center of the festival. Musicians seemed to play their heart out, bringing people together through wonderful tones. Delfi was dancing freely, which she was meant to do in Maryen’s mind. The young woman had seen her arrive at the Lady Blue, and she was truly happy to see her enjoying Azuria.

Vendors yelled about delicious food and jewelers sat with beautiful necklaces and pendants, begging to be worn. She eyed everything as she wandered around happily, just taking all of the sights in. How could anyone feel sad or upset when something like this was happening? This brought the community together, and it made Maryen overjoyed to see everyone working in harmony to create such a vivid and colorful festival.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:08 am

Skye nodded at Gaius.

"Well, I would rather enjoy looking for new clothes. Mine are becoming worn," the woman said, bare feet padding against the cobblestones. She flicked her hair off her shoulder, letting it cascade down her back.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am
Kill me daddy

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:31 am

Gaius held another smirk to his lips as he heard what Skye had to say. Certainly the elven woman would look lovely in mostly anything she wore. With skin like hers and those beautiful legs it would be easy. The watched as Skye flicked some of her silvery white hair off her shoulder as it looked as though a waterfall of snow ran down her back. He was a sucker for a beautiful girl and this woman certainly fit the bill, maybe a little more so than others.

" Then shall we peruse the festival for some new clothing? I wouldn't mind playing the part of a mule and carry things for you milady. I'm certain some of the merchants here have something that caters to your tastes." Gaius spoke with a more friendly tone of voice rather his honeyed one. For he didn't want her to think terrible things of him for his behavior. He wanted to come across as a kind and friendly fellow, rather than a leech chasing her.

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Skye nodded, begining to walk toward a vendor that had many lovely silks and such laid out on her table. Sky lifted up a burgundy cloth with white embroidery splayed across it. She looked at Gaius.

"What are your thoughts?" She asked earnestly, gesturing to the material as the owner watched anxiously.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Following right behind Skye was the redhead named Gaius who gazed about the fesitval. His gaze moved about the stalls and small tents that littered the streets. Each one had trinkets and the likes just begging to be held and purchased. The man could tell that most things seemed to be nothing but fakes. False jewelry ment to sucker naive young women with coin to spend. He had seen it one to many times, at almost every town and city he'd been to. The man's gaze eventually returned to his companion for the moment. He knew she was an elf but he also knew that there were different variations like with most races. Her darkened skin seemed to uncommon for a normal elf.

Either way they eventually came to a trader that was dealing in fine silks and other fabrics. The young elven woman gently picked up a piece and asked Gaius what he thought about it. This wasn't the first time he'd appraise fabric for a lively young lady. So he knew a thing or two about figuring out what would look best. Carefully the redhead stepped closer, his eyes moving about the fabric and then back to Skye.

Slowly a smirk crossed his lips as his gaze stayed on Skye." Seems pretty fine. In my opinion it would fit you pretty well. The burgundy blends in finely with your darker tone of skin. While the embroidery matchs up with your markings and hair. It'd also make an interesting contrast to your skin. If woven into an outfit I'd say it'd be hard to keep eyes off of you milady." Gaius said as his voice gave away that he somewhat knew what he was talking about. It held a confidence that he believed in what he said, something one wouldn't find if he was making it up. Being a traveler might've also given him a bit of knowledge on fabrics, seeing as he enjoyed wandering the markets.

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Mirah looked to her friend and smiled. "Perhaps we can look at the stalls, parade abit in front the others? We are bound to make someone jealous." Her eyes seemed to reflect light black like cats eyes that made people already uneasy and avoid her. However, she was such as gentle woman, relaxed, and poised, it was surprising that people couldn't look towards her light.

"I wonder if the fur trader has an of the rabbit skins cleaned yet for sale. He often gives me at least 2 silver for 3 skins when I come back into the town." She said in a cheerful tone.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Skye looked at the man, impressed, while the store keeper looked relieved. The girl pulled out her coin purse and paid for the fabric, taking the roll and carting it with her happily. Skye was not often in want of anything, but she felt like she had everything she needed this night.

"Thank you for your opinion Gaius. You seem well versed in these types of things," Skye said, looking at the red head with a small smile.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Rania couldn't help but glance around every so often as her friend spoke to her. It was mostly humans that looked upon them both a bit funny. Sometimes she couldn't ever understand why some feared or hated other races. It confused her. The elf did chuckle though at the motion of making someone jealous. Two lovely woman strolling together was bound to catch someone's eye was it not?" I like the sound of that. Allow them to see what they're missing out on. Hmm...how about we spend some time looking at the trinkets for sale?" Rania suggested as she began leading her friend towards one of the stalls selling lovely jewelry.

A smile and a giggle left the elven woman's lips as she listened to Mirah." That sounds like a pretty fine deal. I take it you enjoy hunting then? I find it a bit fun most of the time. Traveling like I did you had to learn how or you'd starve. Perhaps the two of us could go hunting sometime?" Rania stated with a relaxed tone of voice as her gaze moved about the trinkets. Feline like woman certainly had the potential look of a fierce hunter with those eyes. Slowly the elf found her eyes drawn to a simple but lovely little piece. It looked to a necklace of some kind, a metal Dragon seemed to be holding a large amethyst in place. In reality the piece was a fraud, the amethyst was nothing more than stained and polished glass. Rania had no clue or eye for that kind of thing though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gaius felt a grin at his lips as he watched Skye pull out her coin purse and pay the good merchant for the fabric. He did believe it would look quite lovely on the woman no matter the outfit made from it. The man followed closely beside her as she carted it away and returned to wandering. When he noticed the small smile playing on the elf's lips as she spoke the man couldn't help but hold one of his own. Something he noted since meeting is that Skye doesn't seem to smile often, but when she does they are like precious gems.

" I'm happy I was able to assist. Being a mercenary I've traveled around quite a bit through out the years. Going to distant lands, seeing the rare and unique goods they pedal, one tends to gain an eye for these things. Plus it's not the first time I've given an opinion on fabric. I once was paid to protect a seamstress for a month, I learned quite a bit about fabrics and matching them to compliment certain aspects of people." Gaius recounted with a soft chuckle upon remembering a previous quest. He had enjoyed his time with the woman but eventually he had to leave. The local guild didn't like him taking quests and work without being a member. Barely got out of that city alive." Might I ask what plans you have for the fabric? Turning it into something functional or a dress?" Gaius probed as he walked beside the elven woman gazing from her to fabric she carried.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:09 pm

Kthirtic's Study

Behind, she found a cavernous room, seemingly carved out of the bedrock with no concern for adornment. Chairs and benches, equally diverse in appearance and arrangement, filled the hall at random. The air inside was cool and smelled of iron. At the front, a simple altar and a statue, the former covered in the waxen discharge of twenty-one black candles that still burned. The latter was of a hooded woman, her arms outstretched, a multitude of legs protruding from her robes.

A faint light filled the room, but not the orange glow of the candles. This was pale and blue, akin to moonlight, and it seemed to shine from the surface of the statue itself. It filled Kthirtic's head with wordless whispers. Incomprehensible, but rife with rambled longing, calling, begging the woman to come forward and kneel before the goddess.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end