[Event]The Winter Festival

Go shopping! Open a store! Go bankrupt! Die in poverty!
Trandafir
Gold

[Event]The Winter Festival

Post by Trandafir » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:34 am

(Afternoon. In a specific area of Azuria, closer to Wrenhaven's entrance, the streets are not as ordinary as they usually are. Flowers and ribbons can be found at every pole, the alleys are occupied by food and artcraft's tents and of course, costumers who are willing to have a grand time at this anual street festival, that should go on until late hours of the night. A few crossroads hold small stages, where bards and dancers will perform for a few coins. Music fills the air, and so does the laughter of Azuria's citizens in this chilly weather of late autumn.)
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Trandafir
Gold

Re: [Event]The Winter Festival

Post by Trandafir » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Delfi left the Lady Blue when she had finished getting ready for the Festival. The small half elven girl ran barefoot through the streets with the soft sound of her accessories clinging to each other as she passed through the crowd, her bright pink costume granting her the attention of many commoners that just like her, planned on having a good time that afternoon.

"Sorry I'm late," the breathless girl told the band when she got to their usual meeting spot.

A street festival. For Delfi, that meant a chance to perform and earn some extra coins, but more than that, it was a way to have fun. Celebrations like these brought back the nostalgic memories of her clan. She didn't particularly miss that life to the point of wanting to go back, but remembering it warmed her heart, and brought up a cheerful smile to her lips.

"Shall we begin?" Delfi asked, and soon, the band started playing. She danced to the rhythm of the song and soon enough an audience was formed around them. The instrumentist's hat was placed on the ground, in front of the gypsy, who shot smiles to anyone who'd approach it to deposit their coins.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:11 am

Out for an afternoon stroll was a man about average in height, dressed in his usual attire. Hearing of the festival from a pretty young dame the man decided to see it for himself. It was a perfect time to find a sugary treat or two and to find a lovely young girl about. They normally dressed up for this sort of thing so it would be fun to simply watch and eat. It had been about two weeks since Gaius entered the city of Azuria and made the decision to stay awhile. There was something about it that drew him to it. Something that wouldn't let him leave just yet. Perhaps it was the bounds of fate telling him he didn't have any where else to go? Whatever it was the man was sticking around for a while.

After a few moments he came upon a stand selling sweet candy apples for a mere shield. People were generous with their prices during these events, that or she was blushing from the wink he'd given her and gave it to him cheap. So there the young redhead walked, looking around at the intriguing sights of the city preparing for winter. Soon he heard the distant call of music and slowly followed its lovely melody. When he found the source there was a beautiful young elven looking girl dancing to the rhythm. He watched as she seemed to greatly enjoy what she was doing. It was certainly a sight to see. Reaching into one of his coin pouches Gaius pulled out a single gold coin. Sitting a top his hand he flipped it with his thumb and it went crashing into the pile slowly building within the hat. Such a lovely performance certainly desired a reward? Offering a friendly smile the young thief began walking away from the marvelous tune that echoed in his ears.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:15 am

Skye entered the festival, taking in the overwhelming colors and smells. She seemed reserved and aloof, although she was just thinking. Mostly of the knight she had helped earlier and what had to say to the ruler of Azuria. Was it really so important? He made it seem that way.

Still, she walked along the road, bumping into people every so often until she spotted Delfi, a dancing elf she rather admired for her whit and charm. She dropped one of her few coins into the hat and smiled at the fellow elf before going to browse the booths.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am
Kill me daddy

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Walking the through the festival thus far hadn't been that bad of an idea. Many beautiful beings of all kinds walked in elegant and alluring clothing. Some of the booths held delicious sweets, like pies of various flavors. It would be easy to say that the young man was enjoying himself and indulging his sweet tooth at every chance. The man allowed his gaze to wander as he stood off to the side. Watching beauties walk by with friends and beloveds. Soon enough a tall Elven woman came into view. She had hair that almost seemed white like the coming snows, her eyes had a brilliant blue color. A smirk crossed the man's lips as he pushed off the wall.

With careful and slow steps the young man walked towards the Elven woman. While she seemed to be paying attention to something else he decided to try something. Gently he brushed against instantly turning around to face with an apologetic look." Ah, apologies madam. It seems I wasn't watching where it is I was going. Are you alright?" Gaius spoke with a deep but gentle voice as be offered the woman a small smile. That didn't go as smooth as he thought but it still gave him a chance to speak to the elf. She was quite lovely.

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:30 am

Skye turned and looked at him, unsmiling at his charming nature. She brushed off herself and took a long pause to respond.

"I'm quite alright. No damage done, " she said simply, examining the man. He was quite handsome, although a little cheeky. Didn't seem to be her type but a festival was a festival .
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:52 am

Gaius could do nothing but watch as the girl brushed herself off slowly and wait for a reply. The fact she didn't smile at his attempt was a little off putting. He had walked into her and many would think such a thing was rude, especially since he might've done it intentionally. No matter, the elven woman eventually responded, simply stating that no harm had been done and that she was fine. " Well, it is an honor to have walked into such a lovely elf such as yourself. My name is Gaius, may I know what your name is miss?" Gaius spoke with the same gentle tone as he bowed a little an offered a sweet smile. This city seemed to have a great many beauties tucked away. The woman did seem to be wandering the festival alone, perhaps she would enjoy some company?

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:40 pm

"Skye DeWithers, and yours?" She said simply, switching her staff into her other hand to extend her right for him to shake. Skye twitched her thick lips into what could pass as a smile.

"Could I buy you something or engage in some entertaining activities perchance? I would like some company in this celebration, " she said, her smooth ALTO tone holding some embarrassment.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 am

Gaius found himself grinning a little as he heard the name of the lovely elf that stood before him. " Gaius La'rown at your service. Skye is a rather fitting name for you. A lovely name for a lovely girl." Gaius stated with a warm smile as he shook Skye's hand and slightly vowed again when he returned his hand to his side. He made note ok the staff, giving him the impression she might be a healer or a mage. Seeing her attire he had to guess healer. Before he could even ask anything else Skye surprised him by asking if he would join her for the festival. He couldn't say no, especially after hearing such a voice and seeing her smile.

" It would be a pleasure to provide you with company Lady Skye. If you'll allow it, I would love to treat you to some of the sweets they're selling this evening. I passed a few stands selling cakes and pies while walking through." Gaius stated as he offered the lady his arm so they wouldn't lose each other in the crowd. As time had gone by a more people came out to join the festivities and so things were becoming a bit crowded. The man was trying to be a gentleman seeing as Skye was the one who asked him. Which was sort of rare for him. Either way he gained a chance to get to know Skye and enjoy the festival with her.

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Skye took his arm and decided to keep quiet about her dislike for sweets. The two couldn't be more different, but she didn't particularly mind that. Why sacrifice a potential friendship with someone as amicable as Gaius? Plus, she loved pumpkin pie. The least sweet of pies. Or mincemeat. The woman now found herself excited at the prospect of spending time with Gaius.

"I would love a pie," she said, holding his arm and jumping when a fire breather got a little too close for her tastes.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy