Dirty Business

Go shopping! Open a store! Go bankrupt! Die in poverty!
CanadianCake
Bronze

Dirty Business

Post by CanadianCake » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:30 am

Josephine stepped out into the alley behind her place of work, The Lady Blue. Inhaling, the girl appreciated the cool night air, but not for long. The beautiful night sky and refreshing breeze could not distract the girl from her deepening insecurities. Patting her braided bun to check that it was in place, the girl linked her fingers together and leaned against the rough stone wall of the tavern. Josephine's violet eyes turned to the sky as she took her break from work, contemplating her life.
She wanted to bring money, and in turn happiness to her parents. But how was she to do that working at a mere tavern? The girl was already searching for a roommate because rent was tight, but maybe she just needed to squeeze her way into nobility. And fast. But who would take a wretch like herself? She tugged on the sleeve of her black dress subconciously, thinking of her pale complexion. Eyes too big for her face, lips too disproportionate. Said lips parted with a sigh as she closed her eyes.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am
Kill me daddy

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Dirty Business

Post by Annasiel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:42 am

Tick. Tack. Tick. Tack.

The sound of hard-soled shoes on the cobble of the alley.

Tick. Tack. Tick. Tack.

Sully walked around the corner, head bobbing to the beat of his feet on the stone. Beat of the feet, tick, tack, tick tack! It made a man want to leap, want to sing, want to... curl up in the corner with some whiskey and a smoke. He was in a hankering, but his patron wouldn't let him buy any. It made poor Sully feel sick, yes it did, so sick that the lovely tick-tack of his feet did little to make him happy. What did make him happy? Gold, gold for certain, of which his patron had plenty. Fifty shiny coins waiting for him back home, and another ten ring-ding-jingling in his leather sack. And... pretty girls. Pretty girls made him happy.

As the carrenwing rounded the corner, he saw one. A pretty girl, not a sack of gold, though either would be a gift from the gods. The poor little flower looked scared, all a-quiver with touted lips and doll eyes. He tried to sneak, but he was in his tick-tack shoes, and tick-tacked they did. She heard him. She saw him.

"Don' be afrait!" he called cheerfully, voice thick with an accent and a guttural croak. "Pretty young thing, no hurt. Sully like pretty young things, Sully not hurt, but help. I be thinkin', what ye be doin' out in this'ere alleyplace?"

The vulture man looked around, astounded.

"This'ere be a place fur hoodlums and scallywags, no' a pretty lady! Lady... what be yer calling? I'se Sully," he concluded with a staggering bow.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~
"To bear the brunt of blizzard's kiss and snare the wind to fingertips."

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:51 am

The girl's eyes flew open when she hear the unnerving sound of talons against cobblestone. Her heart raced and she turned her head to see an odd figure come from around the corner. A russle of feathers floated through the air and she realized he was not wearing a cloak, but had strange wings. The girl pushed away from the wall and faced him, hands clenching her skirt. But soon he was talking and she found a smile pricking at her lips. His accent reminded her of some workers they had hired a while back. Each of them lovely people. She had no doubt he was too.

"Well, hello Sully. I'm P- Josephine," she said, brushing a loose curl from her face. " I was just taking a break from my work, do you need anything ?" She asked politely.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:03 am

"Puh-Josephine?" Sully shook his head vehemently, his already tangled hair messing even more. "I no hear of tha callin' PUH-Josephine beforen. Musta had much silly parents, just be thinkin', what be of Sully if he be called GAH-Sully instay?"

"GAH! Sully. PUH! Josephine. PUH! Sully. GAH! Josephine," he chanted, eyes screwed and cheeks puffed out, waggling his fingers with every emphasis. His words were soon drowned out in his own wheezy chuckle, body bending at the waist to try and contain the giggles.

"Am... sorry... sorry..." he finally said, gasping for air. "Jus'a silly calling, s'all."

Straightening himself, Sully brushed at his pants legs, and threw his arms wide in a showman's pose. He beamed a toothy smile, eyes crinkling happily. Though he was obviously grungy and a tad worse for wear, his tailored suit, roguish grin, and warm facade gave the impression of a wealthy performer.

"Am Sully the Grand, Sully the Great! I be lookin' for big things, nex big things, and you, Lady Puh-Josephine looka part of one!"
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:43 am

Josephine listened to his words and was shocked by his flattery. Releasing the fabric of her skirt, she brushed dark hair away from her face. The girl's cheeks turned rosy pink in a blush, and she averted her eyes bashfully. At first he had her nonplussed, but the girl soon found her words.

"What, an insipid thing like me?" She murmured, daring to come closer to Sully. He had been nicer to her than most men, especially Gustav. Soon Josephine was am arm's length away from Sully, feeling hopefull. Finally, a good prospect for her family. Maybe she could finally chose her own way, not have to marry a horrid noble. Be free from the burden of supporting her family. She stepped even closer to Sully, batting her eyelashes. She decided to try and butter him up.

"Did you have anything in mind Sully?" She asked.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:56 am

Such a pretty thing, such a gentle thing, and now he had her by the throat.

"I be havin', hmm, many a think," Sully crooned, pretending to muse. He teetered his head, fingers splayed on his chin, humming under his breath. "Mighta be singer? Soft voice. Nice voice. Mighta be dancer! Are right-a beauty. NO!"

He held a single finger up, as if the idea had just come to him. It hadn't, of course. It had been stewing inside his skull since he first saw the girl, stewing with who knows what else, and it was bound to be rotten when it cracked.

"Issee ya bein' a right proper ladything. Dresses, balls, fame, wealth."

He smirked.

"Thar be a big ball comin'. Fancy, mas... mas... mas-crade. I mighta make ya all fancied up, ta fit with all da other fancies." Sully leaned closer, eyes and smile widening. "Ya wanna be a lady?"
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:45 am

Josephine jumped when he yelled, but watched him with wide eyes as he thought. Then he pitched his idea to her and a smiled played on her lips. She thought it over.
Beautiful silk dresses, men hanging on to her every word, women respecting her. Walking into the ball, meeting a lovely young man. It all sounded exquisite. She looked around, suddenly feeling weight on her decision.

"Yes," she whispered to him, leaning closer as well, smiling with delight.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:12 pm

"Good," Sully crooned. "Good, good."

Good indeed, for the pretty think to nibble on his bitey-hook. But hooks have teeth too, oh yes they do, and the more you nibble, the more it bites you. He reached a hand into his coin purse, pausing to see if he was allowed to touch it. If he tried spending his patron's money for no good reasons... his hand curled around a coin, and his smile widened. This is what they wanted, most certainly.

"Letis be gettin' ye some finn-rie clothins, aye?" the carrenwing said, reaching out to take Josephine's hand.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

CanadianCake
Bronze

Post by CanadianCake » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:26 pm

Josephine gladly let him take her hand, only briefly pausing to think about her boss. She would resign for her job tomorrow, she decided. She had already made meals for tonight so they could manage on their own, and dark haired girl was too excited to think about responsibility. Beautiful gowns, parties, and people danced through her head.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:16 pm

"Now come! Yes, come!"

The carrenwing dashed off, trailing the poor Josephine behind him. He had to move fast. Move fast before anyone noticed him with the girl, before anyone recognized his face, before anyone could warn her about him. Sully was something to warn for, for sure, and he had no intention of letting his newfound ticket to glory escape beneath his watchful eyes.

"Must be findin' ara special place, place ta be gettin' fancy dress n' mask wit no blue-blood blags a'scoffin'," he called back to her, leading the innocent victim deeper and deeper into the market's less savory streets. Moss-cracked alley walls stood tall on either side, and the air was thick with the scrumptulous scent of mildewed rot. Sully licked his lips, tum rumbling something fierce, but he couldn't think of dining with such a precious cargo in tow!

At long last, they stood before a door that seemed more rotten than Sully's reputation. The bird-man knocked, three quick hard taps, one heavy thunk, and it creaked open. A haggish woman peered through the crack.

"Whof dis?" she asked through sheets of matted white hair. "Ack, Sulvan, Sulvan. Comin. Been spectin."

She opened the door wide, hobbling backwards to accept the two, eyes still peering suspiciously from side to side.

"Predy theng. Yung theng. No penny? Ha penny?" She reached forward to touch Josephine, but Sully slapped her hand away.

"No fer sellin', ya ol' hag!" he croaked. The toadlike woman shuddered, and backed away, muttering under her breath.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~