The Happy Draggy Apothecary

Go shopping! Open a store! Go bankrupt! Die in poverty!
Fluffking

The Happy Draggy Apothecary

Post by Fluffking » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 pm

"Come adventures come friends, this is the lovely Happy Draggy Apothecary. This small portion shop have all your adventuring heart could desire, from strength increasing potions to speed increasing, healing and utility." -Original sales speech for the shop.

The shop itself isn't incredibly big, only a small building with a few rooms, although the main room/salesroom seems to fill most of it. Potions neatly line the walls, shelves and cabints that fill most of the room. But don't try and exit without losing some gold, the cash out is close enough to the entrance that you won't get away unnoticed

The prices are reasonable enough. Most potions cost around 10 swords. Most of the common folk know by now that the shop mainly deals with adventures, but special requests from the commoners are not too uncommon.

All handled by Aeirin Shaerol and her companion Aaron Geolite.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Fluffking

Re: The Happy Draggy Apothecary

Post by Fluffking » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Aeirin had just finished setting up shop, she was alone this morning as Aaron was out hunting deer. An excited smile was on her face. Earlier in the morning she had seen a poster for the winter coming ball up in the castle. She loved winter and was delighted to see that the season was coming with rapid steps.

Double checking that there was a potion on every shelve, in every cabinet and on all the walls. The almost unnatural light of the colored bottles she had used for the latest batch filled the room as the sun hit them, with a happy smile she changed the sign on the storefront from "Closed" to "Open"

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

Almost as soon as the sign was flipped, an old man dressed in filthy robes staggered through the shop door. He stared around with weary eyes, scowling fiercely, leaning for support on his ivory-white staff. Seanfear was exhausted. All night, damn rabbits trying to practically get themselves killed by hunters. It was like they didn't know what a bloody trap was.

Well, they probably didn't. They were rabbits. Sometimes he wished he could talk to animals, commune with nature like the druids in stories. Animals liked him, true, but they still acted like fecking idiots whenever they got the chance.

"Anyone in?" he called. "I need... hm. You have any blessed water? Or oregano?" The former was for rituals, the latter for lunch.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Going through her mental map of the store Aeirin thought for a second before turning to a nearby room, "Not sure with the holy water," she said before entering, "but I'm pretty sure I have some oregano".

Looking around the walls on her nearly empty storage she did have some oregano, although she didn't have the holy water. She was worried, her merchant friends whom normally delivered her magical herbs and resources was late. She paid good money for those.

Returning to the customer with a trained smile she gave him the oregano, "3 Shields" she said, "sadly I don't have more holy water in storage" she added.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:20 pm

"For fecks' sake," Seanfear grumbled, rummaging around in his robes. "Three fecking shields? This be robbery, it is. Back when I was a tyke, we had so much oregano it grew out've yer ears, and people fecking paid ye to get rid of it."

He pulled a multitude of things out of his cloak as he searched, building a pile on the counter that teetered precariously. A small, black bulb that smelled like rotten onions. A silver knife inset with a jewel. Moldy hair wound in a knotted ring. A live mouse that shuddered, squeaked, and began to run away.

"Fecking hell!" Seanfear shouted, trying to catch the escapist rodent. "Get back here, Hugo!"

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:36 pm

"You brake anything you buy it" Aeirin said watching the old clerk chasing the mouse. Although her shelves was full it was the last batch with her current ingredients. The rest was either expired or too weak. Losing a single wouldn't be a big deal, but better safe than sorry.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:20 pm

"Ah, for fek's sake," Seanfear grumbled, stuffing the mouse and random belongings back into his cloak. At last, he protruded three copper coins, slamming them down on the table.

"Take your bloody shields and gimme that fecking oregano!" he said, more colloquially than unkindly.

JoJo Reference

Post by JoJo Reference » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:57 am

Bumping into the old man on his way through the entrance, a much younger man entered the store. He was clad in all green, with a feathered cap sitting atop blond curls and a hazel lute hanging from a leather strap at his side.

"Apologies, sir," he said, bowing a little. The elder grumbled and left. Turning his attention back to the store, Josef looked around in awe at all the potions and tonics available for sale. A novice potion brewer himself, he couldn't help but be amazed at just how many there were, and how neatly they were arranged.

Snapping back into focus, Josef spoke up: "Aye, miss? Would you happen to have any, err... one moment." He cocked his head and squinted his left eye, thinking for a moment. Suddenly, it came to him.

"Ah! Do you have any healing tonics? I'm afraid I'm a bit low on supply here." He chuckled as he pat a small leather pouch on his side.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 pm

"Healing tonic? You need fekkin' healing tonic, do ye?" Seanfear boomed, shoving the oregano under his coat. "This man here's a ripoff. I can whip you us something nice back at me shack, if ye don' mind walking the long way."

He grinned, teeth tinted green with moss.

"I promise I don' bite."

JoJo Reference

Post by JoJo Reference » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:40 pm

"Ripoff, eh?" Josef furrowed his brow. Although the elder did seem a little untrustworthy, he honestly didn't think he had enough coin to purchase anything in the store. He had planned to play a song in exchange for the lack of money. He was a bard, after all.

"You know what? I'll take you up on yer offer," Josef replied, grinning back. "Lead the way!"

"Oh! My apologies, sir! I forgot to even tell you my name." Josef straightened up, raising his head a bit. "I'm Josef Songborne, of Pertland. And you are?" he asked.