The Streets of Azuria

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
MayonnaiseSupreme

Re: The Streets of Azuria

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:09 pm

Ginx accepted the coin, happy with what he could get considering the knowledge he was always pushing his luck. He flipped it into the air, rolled it over his knuckles, and did a variety of silly tricks with it as the sound of spinning metal occasionally twanged the air, before folding it away with a proud and satisfied smirk.

"I got a job." He replied. "I work part time at Frogissimos! But..." He lifted his hand to ponder on his chin, tapping it with his nail as he imagined himself as a guard. He could use that as a way to get free things, yes.. "Confiscate" things for "security reasons"... Ginx wasn't good at hiding his emotions or thoughts on his face, and an obviously mischevious smile began to spread over his face, eyes lidding with sneakiness.

".. Since you are offering," Not that Rowan really was, "I accept. Consider myself hired. You may thank me now!" He said with pompous expectation, putting his hands on his hips and closing his eyes with a nod of proud approval.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:01 am

Rowan

He was hopeful at first; then he saw the grin. Ulterior motives, trickery, greed. He refused to have such people under his command. He leans forward and scrawls a grin of his own upon his face, narrowing his eyes at the boy.

"You're not officially hired until you pass training, kid," he says to the boy, his tone becoming very serious. "And I'll have you know I served in an army before I came here, and my boss was quite the tyrant. Do you think you can handle it?"

Kol

Kol wanders the streets of the city, not knowing where to go. He had seen a magic show earlier, but it didn't really strike his interest. He had considered visiting the inn, but he wasn't really tired. ...Then he caught an unusual smell. What in Vursok's name was that? Looking around, he finally traced the smell to a... 'werecat?' Did such beings exist in their land? They must, for he had just seen one.

Curious, he slips into a nearby alley and presses himself against the wall, watching her. Interesting, he muses to himself. Maybe this city isn't so dull, after all.
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:54 am

Ginx had actually zoned right out near the end of his words, his mouth gaping a little bit as he basically stared at the guard captain by accident. It was Rowans reply that snapped him out if it, shaking his head with his hair bouncing around like a wet dog before he once again proceeded to mimic the much larger, much stronger and far more experienced man with a lean of his own.

"I'unno, bub." He replied, his hands still on his hips in a pompous manner, before slowly raising his arms. "A better question would be... Do you think you can handle... THIS??"

He proceeded to try and flex as hard as he could, attempting to show off his "muscles" (which did not exist on his feminine and soft, small frame) to the captain. "HUUUUUGH!" He grunted, changing poses to another, before releasing with a loud huff of exhaustion.

"Huuu! Huuuu!" He panted out. ".. Yeah! How did you like them apples? Don't answer, I know. Just sign me up, I'll do real good and things. The best. Break all the records. Get all the ladies. Those things."

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:40 pm

Zagara rolled her eyes. She could hear the conversation going on, from her spot. The new 'recruit' was absurd. It seemed as though the days he would be on guard, would be the days the kids would eat well.

She leaned her body over the edge again grabbing onto the edge and dropping down, her bare feet very faintly making a noise. She kept her body low to the ground, grabbing the bag and the soggy loaves under it. She stuffed the loaves in the bag, hoping she wasn't noticed before she slinked off towards the alley.

She couldn't help but catch a whiff of something. She couldn't exactly tell what it was. Smelled like a dog, but not a dog. Whatever it was, made her uneasy and she wanted to get to the kids as soon as possible.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:04 am

Rowan

Rowan merely stared at the boy, a look of mixed disbelief and exasperation scrawled on his face. Did this kid really believe that that would convince him? With a sigh, he reaches under his helm and scratches his head.

"Look, kid..." he starts, putting his hand on the boy's shoulder, "...I really don't think you'd make it. Between your obviously conniving personality and clear lack of physical power, you'd likely get yourself killed," he tells him. "I could whip you into shape, but that lack of heart will be your undoing. You gotta get yourself motivated, and with something other than greed. I saw many a soldier die over their own avarice."

He stands straight and looks at him. "If you want to join the guard, you've got to be serious about it." With that, he turns and begins walking away. Hopefully he managed to talk him straight.

Kol

Kol holds back a chuckle as the werecat slips down from the building and runs off with a few muddy loaves of bread, even though there were numerous fresh loaves for the taking. Was she really so desperate? So weak, that she couldn't put up a fight for the better stuff?

He lets her get ahead, then follows her scent into the alley, chasing her from a distance. If she was weak, then she'd be easy prey. A decent servant, a minion. He wouldn't kill her for fear of going back to his Father's ways, but he would definitely put some terror into her.

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:11 am

Ginx's expression fell when Rowan so calmly turned him down, and he felt his heart sink in his chest. What a hit to his ego, being told that he was not only weak, but also just naturally.. Well, dastardly! He didn't think he liked that one bit, and as he watched the Captain walk away, his lower lip trembled a moment, before his cheeks puffed up in frustration, his brows furrowing down as a look of determination crossed over him.

"I ain't got no lack of heart!" He called after, and in a flash of shadowy wisps, he suddenly reappeared infront of Rowan, and directly in his path of motion. "I got a whole lotta' heart you don't even know about!" He argued, pointing at himself with a thumb. "And I could prove it too if ya' gave me a chance! You don't know me! You don't even know my name!"

He then pointed a finger up at the Captain, stomping his feet firm on the ground. "I got a whole lotta' motivation right here, motivation to prove you wrong, and be the best god-damn guard-guy-military-whatever you have ever seen! Ain't nothin' gonna' take me down, and you should give me a chance to prove it!"

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 pm

Zagara had made her way to another alley, going the opposite of her destination. Someone was following her, she could tell. The strange scent that she caught earlier. She caught slight bits of it when the breeze traveled just right. She couldn't lead them to the children. She found an old musty barrel that she stashed the loaves in, before climbing up on the lid of the barrel and making her way up the wall. She needed to lose the person.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:14 pm

Rowan

Rowan takes a step back and places a hand on the hilt of his sword, momentarily surprised by the elf's teleportation. He was not expecting that! He removes his hand from his sword and listens to him, then lets out a sigh when he's finished. Well, he is stubborn, that's for sure. After a moment of thought, he sighs again. He could use some help, even if he'd require a lot of extra training.

"Alright, kid," he says, "training starts tomorrow, at the station. If you don't take this seriously, consider yourself fired. Make it through, you'll be making three silver a day as a private." He begins to walk away, then stops and looks back to the boy. "Oh, and you're right. I never did get your name."

Kol

He continues his chase, following her scent. Before too long, he catches a foul odor, and a scraping noise. Claws and flesh against stone. She was climbing, or trying to squeeze her way into a narrow passage. Most likely the latter, considering her feline traits. He finds an old barrel, the source of the mildewy odor, and looks up. Plenty of handholds for climbing. Not his strong suit, but he feels he can make it up. He looks around to ensure no one is present. Once he's sure he's alone, he begins shifting into his true form, his lycanthropic form.

Bones crack and bend, tanned skin is replaced with black fur, his face elongates to resemble a wolf's muzzle. What was once human is now mostly beast. He digs his claws into the stone wall and begins scaling it. After some trial and error, he makes his way up, keeping his body low to avoid being spotted and sniffing the air to search for his prey. She certainly was a crafty one.

MayonnaiseSupreme

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:26 pm

Ginx stared up at him, his hands clenched with determination into tiny little fists, before his eyes popped up wide and huge with glee, and he leaped into the air! His arm dropped as he did a little pumping motion of cheer, bouncing around with joy and excitement before swinging around to face the Captain as he turned to make his leave. "You met your shiny helmet I'll be there! And I'll take it so seriously! Super seriously! The most serious." He crossed his arms over his chest, lifting his chin and closing his eyes as he tried to put on his most stoic and stern of expressions, before a single eye opened to gaze on at Rowan.

"Me? Why, it's a pleasure that you would ask.." He threw an arm up and above, making a circling motion before it landed on his hip effortlessly, a practiced motion and pose. "The name's Ginx~ Spelt G-I-N-X, not to be read or confused as 'Jinx' if you write it down and someone says it wrong. Ginx, like 'Guh', in 'garbage' or 'goal'... But I'm not garbage, so don't get that wrong either!" He gave a wiggle of his finger to accentuate his point.

"What's your name, boss?"

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:51 am

Rowan

The guard captain stares at him for a moment, then sighs, lifting his helmet and running his fingers through his short, brown hair. This kid really is something else, of this he has no doubt. Placing his helmet back upon his head, he looks at Ginx.

"My name is Rowan Suttrow. I'm the captain of the local guard," he says. "And again, be sure to meet me at the training grounds at the station. Otherwise, you're out." With this, he starts walking away again, resuming his patrol.