The Streets of Azuria

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Trandafir
Gold

The Streets of Azuria

Post by Trandafir » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:32 pm

(When you ignore the horse shit odor, the streets of Azuria are a wonderful place to be. You'll find items for the cheapest prices at the open market, and quality shops at every corner. Food, items of clothing, jewelry, rare herbs and alchemy materials - you name it! - be sure you'll find it somewhere around the city; if you know where to go, that is.)
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Trandafir
Gold

Re: The Streets of Azuria

Post by Trandafir » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:05 am

Gustav left his tavern with the coins clinging in his pocket and a wide smirk on his lips. It was time to go out for some shopping. He didn't know where he'd go first; his favorite shop for clothes or a small tent that sold rare items (probably stolen) for very cheap prices. Most of the things he'd find there was garbage, but occasionally he would find real gold or an interesting decorative piece to add to his collection. Well, for now, Gustav would settle for walking down the streets and seeing things, as he didn't have anything of importance to do with his time. His tavern was in good hands and while he was away he wouldn't have to deal with his employees trying to make him do their job for them.
Hey! Isn't it funny we all want what isn't right?

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:35 pm

Alexandra entered the city, her large hammer and pack resting on her back as she made her way down the street. She was tired, having been walking all day. Everything seemed peaceful, though she couldn't help but feel that just meant something was going on elsewhere, or that something was going to happen. She hummed to herself, looking around at the building as she went.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Aaron Geolite walked through the drowsy city morning, a bow around his shoulder, and heavily dressed, those that knew him figured he was going hunting, those who didn't could probably guess so. He walked with steady steps and a steady pace, not caring about the height difference between him and everyone else.

Around the city posters for the Wintertide Ball was hung up. A smile crept on his face as the thought of Aeirin's smile as she read those posters manifested in his mind.

She'd be too happy for the start of winter to be mad at him if he didn't get anything, although she never did anyway.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Nyx

Post by Nyx » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 pm

A rough wind blew through the mountain pass, cold enough to suck the warmth from your bones but not enough to freeze you solid if you stopped to take a break. Up above the pass it wasn't so bad, floating along the thermals at a leisurely pace. The fire-that-floats-in-sky warms my body, and the wind that catches my ebony feathers comforts me. I am free.

The sky is clear blue infinity for as far as my eyes can see, and below me I see the green of a valley. It's the most vibrant thing I've seen in months. Miles and miles of rolling hills and trees, with the mountains curving around either side to form a sort of bowl, a natural barrier to the world beyond. Even further to the west, a faint smudge of blue, hazy on the horizon to where the ocean might lay, and to the east, a patch of gray, impossible to make out from this distance. But lying between the two is a sight even more incredible, a city bigger than any I have even seen lay nestled in the valley below, and once you know where to look, the signs of life are evident everywhere.

“Featherless. No-wings-two-feet.”

The thought came to his mind, alien and familiar, separate from him, and yet a part of him all the same. Using eyes that are not his own, he sees what the bird sees. It was easy to miss upon casual observation, the rolling green hills of the valley offer good camouflage from above, but looking closely… right there, movement.

It looked like homes were built into the hills! He had learned about this reading the dry, musty scrolls of his youth.

The one-but-two personalities shared a moment of relief and excitement, and the two beings seperated. Wardyr fell back into his body, the loss of freedom and the absent feeling of wind under his feathers made for a jarring transition, and Adrastos the Raven tilted wing, making way to return to his bondmate. Though he was shivering and his hands were numb, and though his empty stomach pained him, Wardyr smiled. It has been some time since he's seen or even talked to another person. Opening his mind to the world around him, he brushed against the consciousness of the animals around him, their quick mental responses driven by instinct, whereas the plants were slow and alien. He briefly considered the game, but decided against it as his excitement was too great, so instead he continued on.

--

Some time later he reached the end of the pass that transitioned into the hills that stretched onward towards the city. The walk was relatively uneventful but Wardyr stopped now and again once he spotted a peculiar looking object or a plant he's never seen before, much to the annoyance of Adrastos trying to maintain a comfortable perch atop his shoulder. In time however, Wardyr came upon a dwelling cut into the side of a rather large hill. Hesitant to approach, Wardyr studied his surroundings and noticed there was a path lightly traveled that seemed to lead to the city beyond, and as he walked around towards the front of the dwelling he heard a gasp and stopped. He felt the consciousness of three others but he pulled back mentally for fear of seeming impolite, opting instead for pulling his hood back to see a homely young woman and her two kids watching him with distrust, curiosity maybe. Mostly from the mother, which is understandable, but the children seemed pretty excited about Adrastos.

To the mother, “Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo”, a formal greeting, and Wardyr gestured in respect. But only silence followed, and he looked up to find the woman pulling her children close.

“Ma istal quet' Eldarin?” The three exchanged a look, and confused, Wardyr stepped forth, hands up in the universal ‘I mean no harm’ gesture. To his surprise upon further inspection, he noting their ears were rounder, which would explain some of the confusion on their faces. They just didn't understand him.

“Hello? Do you understand?”

Each word was enunciated perfectly, but it sounded strange rolling off his tongue, the too-perfect of someone that has practiced a language for an extended period of time and didn't allow for much of an accent. But visibly there was an immediate effect as the mother relaxed and said, “Yes, I understand.”

--

And so Wardyr spent some time talking to the mother while the kids played outside. He learned what this place was called and he told her about his travels. He asked where the children's father was, and she told him that he passed on, for his love of drink was greater than his love for them. They spent a bit of time touching on other subjects, until she offered him dinner and Wardyr accepted, and in return he fixed her fence while her children played around him and she cooked.

After dinner he thanked her for her generosity, the children waved to him and he waved back as he made his way down the road and to the city. The closer he got, the more homes there were more closely built than the last. People were out about, doing their tasks for the day, and already there were so many. By the time he made it to the city proper, he had seen hundreds, and once through the gate, even more so. It seemed impossible to him that so many people could live so closely together. Wardyr stood aloof in the busy streets of Azuria, his wonderment hidden by the hood he had pulled up over his head.
For now it's too soon to say, "Will we be always, always?"

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:08 am

Another routine patrol, just like every other day. Being assigned to patrol was always boring as it was rare to actually find something going on. Either she was to late or the crime was being committed some where else. Arcadia sighed as she raked a hand through her short silvery hair. Slowly walking through the Market, seeing if there was anyone that needed help out any criminals about. Man, days like this made her wish to be assigned to patrol the outer city. Atleast there she can take on some goblins and protect the city the best could rather than just walk around. Walking around allowed her mind to wander and it always went back to having no progress in her search.

Eventually some thing caught the short guard's eye. It seemed to be a very tall woman carrying some kind of huge hammer. Finally someone else that appreciate that a heavy weapon is the way to go to deal some damage. Slowly the guard approached the woman offering a casual smile as she looked up at the woman." Don't think I've seen you around here before. You a traveler or something?" Arcadia asked with a somewhat friendly tone to her voice while looking the woman over. It was a guard's duty to welcome any newcomers and offer any kind of help. Plus Arcadia enjoyed meeting new people and just chatting in general.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:57 am

Alex had been looking at one of the nearby shops when she heard someone speaking. She looked around a moment, remembering that no one was her height, and looked down, finding a tiny thing. Well, everything was tiny. Though 'thing' wasn't entirely right. It was a creature, similar to the ones underground, but there were no patch of crystals on it. Then again, she hadn't seen any crystals like home had. How did anyone know where the borders were, and who was from where? It asked her if she was a traveler. What was that? "I am dragon," she instinctively responded, with a strange heavy accent that was unrecognizable. Only right after she had corrected the tiny creature, did she realize what that was, and it was not species. A traveler... someone who travels. She felt embarrassed, responding with, "Oh, Traveler... yes. Very far traveler." Very far traveler... was that even a thing? She figured it would mean that she came a long way, but did it even mean anything? "Am in place of tiny creatures, yes?"
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:49 pm

Arcadia knew something was slightly up when the woman looked around and failed to look down towards where her voice came from. She brushed that little piece off as she waited for an answer from the woman. That is until she heard the lady try to correct her or something by saying she was a Dragon. That little bit made the guard raise an eyebrow and take another look at the woman. Had to be from another kingdom. Looks like the woman realised what she had been asked as she corrected herself by saying she was a very far traveler.

" A Dragon eh? I know a few people like that. Where do you come from miss?" Arcadia asked just before the woman asked something that seemed to annoy the guard. She was one didn't appreciate being called short in any sense, especially tiny. The woman took a deep breath though, calming herself by reasoning the woman was simply out of her element." Well people vary on size her. Just...to let you know, some people don't really like being called tiny. They might take offense to it. Now is there anything I can do to help you miss...?" Arcadia spoke trying to be polite and kind to woman who was obviously new to the city. She also held out the last word a little trying to express that she would like to know the woman's name. Just so she could communicate a little better. Most would be a bit intimidated by the woman's large size but Arcadia wasn't one to really get out off like that. Instead she was just trying to offer friendly smiles and see if she could be of help.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 am

"Ruled kingdom... Far underground... For long long time. Finally eliminate enemies, so kingdom safe. Decide to explore surface. Bright thing in sky very strange. Much like Light Crystal, but brighter, and goes dark. Does someone steal your bright Light Crystal at every Sleeping and return it at waking?" Alexandra explained. The surface was facinating, to say the least. So many things were different.

She then tilted her head when the creature said something about people taking offense. "What is... Offense...?" She asked. It had also said something about people not liking to be called it. She was completely confused. "What call them that they like? Not look like Amythelians... Or dragon... Though... Never seen other dragon. Other dragons tiny?" She didn't know what to refer to these surface creatures as, and she never wanted to make people not like her.

"Oh... Looking for place... Find help..." She paused, then shook her head. "Find... Others... to help.... Name is Queen Alexandoriel."

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:30 am

Arcadia raised her eyebrow even higher when the tall woman stated that she rules a kingdom underground. The whole crystal thing though brought a very small smile to the guard's lips. She didn't get paid enough to try to explain things she didn't know about. Still she enjoyed the job and figured it could be interesting to try to explain." It's called the sun. Atleast that's what most species call it. It moves across the sky during the day and vanishes at night. Then the moon comes out and takes it place for a few hours. That's all I know about it though." Arcadia tried explaining what she knew about the whole sun and moon thing. Which wasn't that much and hoped she didn't confuse the poor girl.

The guard laughed a little bit before sighing, there was a reason she didn't work the gates." What I mean is someone might think you're insulting them. Making fun of them." She tried explaining again before the woman asked about more things that made the guard sigh a little." To be proper people like to be sir or miss...just not creature or anything based upon height alright?" Arcadia attempted to explain as she looked around and indicated to a woman when she said miss and to a male when she said sir.

It came as a relief when the Dragon lady said what she was looking for or sort of said it. The name that she said was quite something though." Alex-an-dor-iel...that's a mouth full. My name is Arcadia. It's nice to meet you Alex...Mind if I just call you Alex? I know a woman that runs a place near here. She's one of the Dragon races that live in the city. Mind if I take you to her?" Arcadia said offering a hand to lead the woman out of the crowded streets. It would seem that she might have better luck taking her to the Dragon Scales adventuring guild. The owner of it was one of the Dragon races that lived in the city and said woman might be able to help a bit.