[Tavern/Inn] The Lady Blue

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Arion Queen
Bronze

Re: [Tavern/Inn] The Lady Blue

Post by Arion Queen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:56 am

Mirah listened carefully. Her eyes narrowed to slits in interest. "They are attract to shiny objects most days, the closer to winter we get they start pricing flesh more. Aye, I do hunt but, I've merely heard stories on goblins. Baiting and trapping is easy, dispatching their numbers is just tedious." She said taking another sip of her ale as she offered Rania a smile as she spoke. "As for if I was of help, not really I have a lot of work here. I'm sure the Gustav would lose his head if I left on an adventure to only chase goblins."

The red haired woman grabbed a towel from the counter behind her and wiped the empty counter space. Her frame moved smoothly her muscles seeming to do it with ease, and no effort. Her blue eyes glances over every so often. But she seemed to hide more then she had to offer. Her muscle content, her movements, and her general nature was more like a veteran fighter whom blocked out their past.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Rania took another of her drink knowing she had to be careful in how much she drank. Seeing as she had work here in the morning and Gustav didn't seem the type to like the idea of his workers having hangovers on the job. Still she was enjoying the company of others and indulged herself a little by purchasing the drinks. The elf smiled and offered a nod of her head when the Captain apologized. She didn't need armor as long as she was quick on her feet and didn't even give the buggers a chance to strike. Things got a bit interesting when the Captain started explaining where the goblins were and the best way to deal with them.

" It was strange indeed. The Cyclops was a lot smarter than any I've ever heard of. Proved to be a tough fight that almost became the end of me." Rania said as she took another small drink of her mead before setting it back down." I'm mostly a knight in title I guess. It was my reward for taking up arms and rallying the guards to fight until the end. I didn't let any of them give up and not a single villager died." The elf stated as she let the topic go for now. It seemed their little chat was becoming a war meeting with how to deal with the goblins. Allen seemed to have the right idea with luring them out of their cave and striking then." That sounds like a good plan. First we'd have to send in a small group brave enough to lure them out while the others set a trap. Even then it's likely we'd still have to enter the caves to finish them off. I'd rather that than having to take them all on inside the mines." Rania spoke her piece as she seemed to go into deep thought as well. She cleared mines of other creatures before and that's how things always went down. Atleast in her experience.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:08 pm

"If you two are willing to help, I could have a scouting party at the mine later tonight. And we could easily form an extermination team. Only problem is we don't know just how large of a group we're dealing with. Left unchecked, they will form villages or even cities. And those mines go deep, so we'll have to collapse them after we draw out the bulk of 'em," he explains. "Best bet would be to have a strong ambush waiting by the entrance. I'll relay the plan to the village guard as soon as I can."

He then turns to Rania. "As for your idea, Madame bounty hunter, I think I'll go find Cpt. Charlotte and the four of us will be that team. For the record, the bounty only counts if you can bring me their left ears. But, on the bright side, each ear is worth two spears. That is, a full day's worth of pay for the average citizen."

"And Mirah," he says, "I have no intention on making you come if you don't want to, and I insist these two stop trying to coax you."

She seems insistent on not going... Probably shouldn't push it, he thinks.
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

FlameRolePlay

Post by FlameRolePlay » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Allen raised a finger to his chin and gave Mirah a mischievous grin, until she walked away. “Very well...” He murmured, closing his eyes and shrugging his shoulders. “...I'll stop pestering you.” He opened his eyes again and flashed the woman a warm smile, as he caught her eye. “I guess I'll just have to wait until our victory celebration before I get to see you again.” He placed a hand to his heart, winked, and took a bow, before returning to his normal stance.

The man's eyebrows raised in a form of shook, after hearing of Rania speak of an actual intelligent Cyclops, lest, he never heard of one. It was rather interesting however, that a Cyclops, even if it was smart, was able to bring together a band of Saurians'. “An act of bravery such as that would easily earn you the title of knight.” He commented once the woman finished her story.

“It is no simple task to stand up against a Cyclops and a horde of Saurians with a few village guards. You are indeed worthy of the title you bare.” A friendly smile appeared on his face, within the smile was a rather deep admiration for this woman.

“I've never meet this Captain Charlotte, but I'm sure four is all we need.” Allen spoke in a bold tone. “Now, if they have formed a city, or even a village, we can be sure that they have some big, ugly beast of a leader within their ranks. So long as we don't tire quickly, we can easily dispatch of the goblins, however...” Once again he raised a finger to his chin, returning to deep though.

“...If they do have a leader...They'd have to be tough, if they are able to bring so many goblins together.” Suddenly Allen felt rather cautious, but he shrugged it off by returning the bold smile to his face.

Upon hearing the price of an ear is, Allen's face practically lit up in shock. “Two spears? You're kidding!” He spoke loudly. “For a simple ear?” He asked in a more hushed tone, after realizing how loud he was being. “Aye, I would have taken one spear just for a days work.” He stated in a humble, and honest tone. “What's so special about the left ear?” Allen asked suddenly, his curiosity piquing. “I'd have brought you the whole damn head if you asked.”

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:58 pm

Mirah smiled in appreciation to the Captain. "Thank you sir." She said softly. Her eyes turning to Allen. "Well, I'll make sure that Gustav has plenty of mead on tap when you all return. I'll even go on a hunt for a stag perhaps, my spirit willing. Her feline eyes softened.

"If not, boar will be our meal. Our cook makes an excellent roasted boar." She said offering another gentle smile. "Is there anything I can do for you guys before you leave? Perhaps offer hot meal before? You'll need energy for the goblins. It's not the matter of tactics really to defeat the little buggers, it's more a test of stamina." Her hands neatly folded the towel. Her inner self trying to contain a blush at the knights wink and mischievous grin.

With no husband, and never even a suitor, She seemed to not understand the behavior that coaxed men to flirt with women. The act baffled her, entirely. She lived a mostly solitary life, with little to no close friends, and no family. She the act of flirtation was all but a mystery to the mysterious woman.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 am

Rania felt herself smirking at the idea of taking on some goblins and helping the city guard out some. Maybe she this was something she enjoyed doing? Serving the people by being a guard or something, it did have a nice ring to it. First she had to try working at the tavern a while before contacting the Captain about joining. So she took another sip as she listened to what the others has to say at the moment. She liked the sound of the plan so far, if they got lucky they got route this infestation quickly. When Allen started commending her for actions in keeping the village in her story safe Rania blushed just a little. To be a bit honest...not many believed her.

Seeing as she was an elf and quite a few tended to be a bit racist. So she only usually received praise from other elves or other races. Felt a bit weird to get a human's praise but she welcomed it. Of course she could mention she was barely a child at the time...but that would be to much boasting." I simply did what I had to. I'm sure you wouldn't have done anything different." Rania said with a sweetened smile as she messed with her mug a little. She had been ignoring the fact that Allen was quite handsome for a while but seeing that smile brought it out a bit. It was then she heard what the Captain had to say about her plan and the bounty.

" So I only get paid for the ears? Guess I'm gonna lose out a lot then, don't think we'll have time to be chopping ears off while fighting?" Rania stated with a small shrug figuring that it won't really count after they route them out. She wasn't going to stop in the middle of battle either just to cut off the left ears to get paid." If there's a leader we need to take them out first. Take out a group's leader during battle and you cripple them. That's the only reason I survived before, it'll buy us the time we need to kill them while they're distracted the most." Rania explained as she finished the last of her drink and slammed it down onto the table with a confident grin. She didn't care if it didn't seem she was going to get paid much, just mattered she was doing some good.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:57 pm

"As it would be quite inconvenient to carry several intact heads, the left ear is simply to prove that you killed it. It's a common method used by those who hire assassins, and it works quite well with bounties looking for dead men," he explains, chuckling.

"As for you, Rania, rest assured that I'm signing you on as a mercenary for this mission," he says, chuckling again. "You'll receive a reasonable wage for your work, but it'll also exempt you from the bounty. You'll receive four spears per day of service," he tells her. "Sound good?"

Turning back Allen, "As for Cpt. Charlotte, she is my second in command. She's not the biggest soldier I've seen, but she could slaughter a man twice my size and strength. Do not mention her height, do not anger her."
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

FlameRolePlay

Post by FlameRolePlay » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Allen smiled as Mirah offered to help out with the celebration in such a generous way. "You needn't do all that." Allen responded. "Although it would be greatly appreciated." The man would most certainly not turn down a fresh mug of mead and a nice hot meal, yet modesty was of more value to him than a simple meal. "Speaking for myself, I don't need any sort of meal. I ate not long ago, besides, stamina will not be an issue with me." Allen spoke once more in a modest tone. "I'm not sure if this is a good thing, I certainly don't enjoy killing, but even in the midst of starvation I would still have the energy to fight a prolonged battle." His smile followed Mirah as she preformed her duties.

"Aye, I would not have backed down if I found myself in your situation. Yet in all honesty, I would have stayed for the fight at the time. I doubt I would have had the strength or ability to rally the village guard at such a young age." His smile continued on as he shifted his gaze to Rania. "Trust me, you performed a very commendable act. You should be proud." He stared at her with soft, and friendly eyes.

"If you would ask of it, I wouldn't shy from bringing you the heads of those I slay, Chief." Allen stated as his eyes moved to the Captain. "I have no need for coin, yet I know it is a good thing that I will be exempted from this bounty." He looked down at the empty mug in his hand. "I'm afraid I would spend all my earnings here!" He exclaimed with a bout of laughter, finding his statement rather amusing to himself.

"I'm sure they are being led by a meager fat goblin. We shouldn't worry too much about who holds the crown among the goblins." Thinking about their leader actually worried Allen slightly. "However..." He began, doing his usual finger to chin stare when he goes into thought. "...Should they be led by something as foul as a troll, we may have a bit of a fight on our hands." Allen spoke in a what if sense, it was highly unlikely that a troll would waste their time with a group of goblins, and it was also rather unlikely for goblins to follow a troll, however, it's not an impossible situation. Allen knew he could handle a troll, yet he has yet to gauge the combative ability of his comrades, which could mean that things won't go so smoothly. Yet when he looked at the people around him, his doubt was replaced with a friendly and welcoming smile.

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:15 am

Mirah listened as they spoke. A thought popped into her head then. "Are any of you going to the festival?" She inquired. Her eyes seeming to offer a friendly gave towards the group. She offered a gentle smile as she folded her towel and went to collect any empty mugs from the group. Her eyes went to Allen as he mentioned spending all his coin here. "I hope it's not spent all on the account of a pretty face." She said flashing a wide smile revealing her oddly long canines.

"Any more mead? Perhaps a nibble?" She inquired making sure she was thoroughly. "If Trolls didn't reek of rotten milk and horse droppings, they'd be easy. The smell is enough to make my nose burn." She said before covering her mouth. She was talking too much. It was unusual. She looked away as she fell silent awaiting any response.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:15 pm

Rania had a grin tugging at her lips when she heard she'd be hired on as a mercenary for this assault. It has an interesting tone to it, the word mercenary. Either way it still ment that she was going to fight to help the people of this city." Sounds fair to me. I'm just happy to be able to help out. This Cpt. Charlotte sounds like my type of girl though. Can't wait to meet her." Rania said with a slight chuckle to her tone as she was a bit surprised by the Captain's warning. A short woman that had the strength to tear a man twice the Captain's height, sounded like a dwarf perhaps.

Her gaze turned back to Allen as he continued to praise her for defending the village all those years ago. She found herself giggling as the blush on her cheeks became more apparent. Allen certainly seemed a charmer and had a way with women. She swore she had even seen Mirah blush from his words and actions moments ago." I'm happy I was there that day. You certainly are a charmer Allen. Having both Mirah and I blushing like helpless maidens." Rania said as she laughed a bit at the idea of either girl being in some expensive dress and pleading for help. Allen did seem like a decent fellow though, she didn't know if he was one of those scoundrels that hoarded woman but he didn't seem the type.

When the topic moved back towards the leader the young elf took a final sip of her drink. She smiled at the chance to take on a Troll after all she had fought before." A troll should be easy for the likes of us. I'm sure we can handle whatever they throw at us. Just have to stay confident and positive about things and they'll work out. That's how I do things, worked well thus far." Rania commented as she had a bright and warm smile on her still red cheeks. She was pretty much ready for a fight whenever the others were. Something Mirah said caught her ear though and the elf looked over at the lovely feline woman." There's a festival? I had no idea about it. Sounds like fun though. " Rania found herself shouting as she wore a warm and friendly smile towards the others.