[Tavern/Inn] The Lady Blue

Go shopping! Open a store! Go bankrupt! Die in poverty!
Shinigami
Community Mod

Re: [Tavern/Inn] The Lady Blue

Post by Shinigami » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:28 am

"Ordinarily, it would be either a larger goblin or an orc leading them. A troll isn't likely. Even less likely would be an ogre, as they are dimmer even than a goblin," he comments to Allen with a chuckle.

"And as I said, Rania, just don't mention her height. It's among the fastest ways to invoke her wrath, he tells the elf. "And yes, we are having a winter festival. If you'd like to attend, I think we can wrap this up for the time being," he says, gesturing to the door.

"And that's quite a... 'colorful' way to put it, Mirah..." he says, shifting his gaze in her direction, his eyebrow arched in mild amusement at her slip up.

Finally a look at her true colors...? he thinks to himself.
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

FlameRolePlay

Post by FlameRolePlay » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 am

Allen gazed at Mirah with his typical friendly smile, at this point his face began to hurt, so he decided to relax his cheeks, he'd rather not risk getting cramps in his face and being forced to have a cringed look for the rest of his life. “I will most certainly be at the festival.” He spoke cheerfully in his response to Mirah's question. Allen continued to watch the woman as she relieved the group of their empty mugs. “But what better a way to spend some coin?” He asked in a poetic mannerism. “A pretty face is indeed worth my coin.” He commented a moment later.

The mans eyes lit up in laughter upon hearing Mirah speak about the stench that trolls give off. “That's why I bring a special pouch with me that I tie around my nose whenever I go troll hunting.” He stated, chuckling as he spoke. “Trolls may be disgusting foul creatures, yet I find their infantile stage rather adorable.” He spoke with truth in his voice, Allen believed that children of any species, or race, were absolutely adorable.

Allen nodded his head to what Rania said about this Captain Charlotte. “Indeed, I'd enjoy a brawl with a woman containing strength such as that.” A grin appeared on his face. “Perhaps I shall challenge her to a duel upon our first meeting, to gauge whether or not what you say is true, Chief.” His grin turned to face Captain Rowan, turning into a more humble smile. “Not that I doubt your word, of course.”

“It is a mans duty to appreciate the beauty before him.” Allen stated in a lecturing tone, sounding almost as though his response to Rania's comment was an answer to a simple question. “I've been taught that a silver tongue will bring you far in this world.” He continued to speak in a lecturing tone. “Of course, in my tale, the truth is worth a lot more than silver.” He stated, smiling towards both Mirah and Rania.

It was at this point that Allen realized what his words were causing to happen. He hadn't really taken notice until this point, which then caused him to let out a humble laugh, he then covered his mouth as to silence himself. Allen was glad, however, that he was able to bring bright pink colours to the cheeks of the two fine women before him.

“Let's pray that it is just a fat goblin then.” Allen murmured, shifting his gaze to Rowan. The man knew a single orc wouldn't be much trouble, yet the memories of his past set his mind into a state of confusion, which then caused Allen to make an almost pained face. After realizing he had began acting odd, he shook his head and snapped himself back to normal. “It seems that all we have to worry about is the number of our foe.” Allen spoke in a manner that made it sound like he had made a big decision, though it was only in the recesses of his own mind.

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:38 am

Mirah seemed to smile brightly at their replies. "Wonderful. Now finish up. The goods are only fresh for a bit at the festival. I hope you all have something to wear?" She inquired finishing her own ale with what seemed little effort for the 3/4 mug she had remaining. Her blue eyes danced from the three catching the captain's quizzical look. But then was taken into Allen's gaze. "You make me blush like a young maiden. Silver tongues like you will get not only a fair days work but a wife one day too. Be wise though. The ropes of marriage are tight and can keep circulation to the mind and give it to something else."

She gave a soft laugh at her own words before taking her mug and the other empty ones into the kitchen to be washed. Before returning. "Aye, it is colorful isn't it? Heard an old man try to sell me a piece of trolls skin for a rabbit hide. Ha, I nearly put a good days work in for something that'd make the smell of chamber pots pleasant. Anyway. While you guys finish up Im going to toddy up so Gustav doesn't have a fit." She saidr tone ever gentle and kid as she went to work. Sweeping, dusting and collecting dishes about the area.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:30 am

Suddenly, another guard rushes into the inn and makes his way to the captain. The tall, somewhat stocky man leans down and whispers something into Rowan's ear.

"Is that so?" Rowan asks him, his face becoming alert and taking on it's standard 'all-business' expression. "Well, it seems it's time to end my social indulgence and get back to work. Go alert Cpt. Charlotte," he orders the soldier, who turns on his heel and hurries out the door.

Turning his gaze to Allen, "Well, recruit, it seems we have a chance to field test you. There's been a... 'disturbance,'" he says, grimly. "If you wish to get a look at what you'll be doing, follow me. You stay here, Rania. This is official business."

With that, he stands and dons his helmet, then turns for the door.

(Rowan has left.)
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:53 am

Mirah looked up as she listened to the Captain and the soldier. She blinked then looked to Rania. "Looks like it'll be me and you at the festival." She said with a warm smile as she finished sweeping wiping the sweat from her brow as the inn became quiet again.

"Well, I better get things wrapped up. Business will be slow until the late evening. I'm going to join the festival for a little bit. I won't be out too long." She said with a soft sigh. It was then she looked tired. But she rolled her shoulders as she tucked the broom in the corner.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:14 am

Rania simply nodded as the guard Captain made sure she knew that the Captain Charlotte hated her height being brought up. It wasn't something she planned on ever bringing after hearing what she could be capable of. The elf laughed when Allen declared he may challenge this Charlotte, from what they were told she'd be sure to show up to his funeral. She sort of zoned out thinking about the festival only picking up what Allen said while answer her comment. It made her blush just a little more as he stated what he said was true. Most men didn't say or notice such things about her. It being common she was treated like a guy for the fact she was an adventurer.

Someone had come in and told the Captain about some kind of disturbance going on somewhere. She didn't mind staying as it was the guards job to check these things out, not hers. The elf made sure to wave to both men for when they left to check out this disturbance. Her gaze then shifted towards the lovely Mirah as she continued working. Rania slowly stood up and gave a small smile towards Mirah." Need some help so you can get out early? I'd love to check out the festival with a lady as lovely as you." Rania said with a slight flirtatious tone to her voice as she continued to smile.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:32 am

Mirah gave a chuckle. "If you'd like. I'm not opposed. Mind getting the tables wiped down? I'm going to clean up the kitchen. You have something to wear, yes?" She inquired as she collected dirty dishes from the tables. Her feline eyes poking towards Rania. Her smile still gentle.

"You will likely find many men will flick to you. Many fair maidens are likely to be popular. As for me, I typically stay to myself. I have no interest in finding a mate. I am too busy with this life." Mirah said as she went to the kitchen carrying All the dishes. Her balance and strength, not to mention her dexterity. It seemed not to phase her as she slipped into the kitchen.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:18 am

Rania nodded as she left her belongings on the floor and got to work cleaning a few tables. It'd be sort of her job soon anyway so why not start now? It seemed Delfi had left some time ago and Josephine stepped out quite some time ago. So it looked that it was just the two of them in the tavern for the time being." I have something to wear. It's something I picked up ages ago at a market in one of the other kingdoms." Rania stated as she nodded towards her pack that sat on the floor. Slowly she went table by table, wiping them down and making them shine. Hearing the feline woman's comment made the elf laugh a little.

" I don't usually gain the attention of others. That Allen fellow was kind of the first to give me such attention. I've tried flirting myself, but things never work out." Rania stated as she finished the last table and moved to follow Mirah into the kitchen. In case she needed any help or something." Table are all shiny. You aren't interested in finding that special someone? So if someone showed interest you'd show them the door? As for myself, I'm interested in finding someone, the way I lived, one tends to get lonely and want companionship." Rania stated as she stayed by the door to the kitchen. The elf watched the woman, waiting to help if she needed it at all.

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:46 am

"That some one will have to be very special to gain my favor. And it'll be no short of a task like taming a wild carnivorous beast. Hints why, if I ever find that perfect male, he may give up before winning my favor." The feline said quietly a soft chuckle coming after it. The thought of a male fawning I've her and trying to court her was all but amusing.

"I'm sure you'll find someone. Perhaps that Allen fellow will be the one for you. He seems a decent man." She said as she deposited the dishes in the wash basin pumping out water and rolling up her sleeves. She began scrubbing them clean with a wash brush. "Mind tidying the stove?" She said calmly.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:06 am

Rania found herself chuckling a little upon hearing Mirah state that courting her would be like taming a wild beast. She also made note of the fact Mirah stated male specifically." What would you do if a female tried all their might to court you" Rania asked with a small grin as she moved to clean the stove off. The elf started scrubbing the thing hard trying to make it shine like the day it was made. Which was a difficult and possibly impossible task, still she tried anyway.

" Allen seems like a decent guy. Wouldn't mind being with him. I doubt he'd go for an elf like me though. Humans tend to mate with humans. I personally have no care for species or gender. Doesn't matter to me as long as you feel something you should let your heart wander wherever it wants." Rania found herself saying and then blushing a bit figuring she had gone a bit to far. That was her own personal opinion on love after all and Mirah hadn't asked about that. She was a bit out touch in talking to people it seemed. Hopefully Mirah didn't mind her slip of tongue as she then proceeded to scrub even harder in the stove to get it clean.