[Guild] The Dragon's Scale

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Guild] The Dragon's Scale

Post by Monika » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:10 am

Alex looked to Arcadia with a smile. "Thank you... for help. And... not be sorry... not... ever know them... to miss..." She shrugged a little.

Zephora came out of the back with another bowl of soup in one hand, and a large plate in the other. She went and set the bowl down in front of Aria, smiling a little. "Here you go, sweetheart. Eat up." She headed to another table, setting the large plate of different meats on it. "Food's ready," she called to Alex.

Alex looked over to Zephora, moving over to the table. "Oh.. thank you... smells... very good..." She looked at the seat, pulling it out and carefully sitting in it, though she obviously was far too large to sit comfortably. She started to eat relatively quickly.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:29 am

The little girl started to eat once more. She ate like a proper person. No slurping, elbows off the table, no slouching. For such a young girl with all these traits, was uncommon in street children. She eventually finished her food full and smiling. Her eyes looked around the big building with the letters G-U-I-L-D. She didn't quite know the word. It puzzled her.

But being only six her mind wondered off to to singing, and unicorns. Her legs swing back and forth humming her little time before getting down from the table and Waundering over to the board with pieces of parchment with words on them. Her tiny frame tried to read the words on them. Her small hand went to touch the board. But pulled her hand away. "What are these?" She asked.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:26 pm

A guard in plate mail walks into the guild, tall and somewhat stout. He immediately walks up to Arcadia.

"Ma'am, the Chief has requested your presence in the slums. There's been a disturbance," he tells her, his tone flat and almost robotic. Having delivered his message, he throws up a salute and turns on his heel, leaving the building.

(The NPC has left.)
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:58 am

Arcadia was happy to see that she had brought Alex to the right place for moment. So she didn't say another word for the time being wanting to give the tall woman time to eat. Zephy sure had amazing food that was for sure, a real treat for a newcomer. A few moments later a guard seemed to burst through the door saying the Captain request her assistance with some kind of disturbance." Afraid I have to go for awhile Alex. I leave you in capable hands though. Hope I see you around." Arcadia said with a small smirk and a thumbs up as she turned about face and headed off. Hopefully Zephy and Kaddy could help her settle in and maybe give her a job there. A woman that could handle a weapon like that had to know how to use it.

[ Arcadia Exits ]
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:04 am

"They're the Job and Quest Boards. One is for regular jobs for people to do, and the other one is for more dangerous stuff..." Zephora replied as she went over to the little girl at the board. "And... you're welcome to stay here for as long as you'd like. I'm sure the Guild Master wouldn't mind it."

Kadnissa looked over to the two and nodded lightly, smiling. "Of course. You're free to stay in any of our beds."

Alex glanced over when Arcadia was saying goodbye. She waved lightly. "Farewell."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:32 am

Aria smiled widely at the offer then looked at her feet with a sad look. "But... I have no coin to pay you with... My momma and Poppa wou-" she cut herself off as she remembered they were gone. "They would have coin if they weren't gone..." she managed to say trying not to cry. Her heart ached but she had to stay tough.

"Thank you.. I will stay here as long as you let me. I have no wherewhereelse to go." She said with a soft smile, masking her sadness. Her soiled clothes and bear were like street children but she didn't act like one. She was humble, and smiling, and polite.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:40 am

Kadnissa smiled lightly. "It's alright. Don't worry about the coin. You can consider this your home for now. And if you want... I'm sure Zephora here wouldn't mind you helping in the kitchen. Once we get you cleaned up and into some new clothes."

Zephora nodded. "I wouldn't mind it one bit. And there's that festival going on too. We'll get you all fixed up."

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:08 am

Aria smiled and practically jumped with joy. "Thank you thank you!" She said cheerfully. Then gave small bow containing herself. "I will do whatever it is you ask. I promise to be Good." She said as she looked at her bear.

"We have a new home mr. Bear! Better go and get washed up like the Miss said." She said skipping over to the chef with a big smile. Clean clothes, it had been awhile since she had clean clothes, and a warm place to sleep and feel safe.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:11 pm

"Come on. Let's get you some new clothes..." Zephora replied, smiling lightly, going back to the kitchen and grabbing her coin purse, heading back into the main room and for the door, waiting for the girl. The Guild Master had gone ahead and left with Alex, so they wouldn't be late for the ball. She was going to get the girl some clothes, before getting her cleaned up.

Quirbles
Advanced Mod

Post by Quirbles » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Lithius’ departure from Wrenhaven had been tense, to put it lightly. An attack within the palace, down the hallway from a gathering a nobles and other higher-ups from around the kingdom. He had begun to suspect that his preconceived notions of Azuria being an asylum were terribly wrong. One thought, however, hung over Lithius’ mind and constricted it like a vice.

I need a drink.

His metal flask had long since run out of his purified alcohol, so he was forced to scrounge the streets for any sort of mead hall or tavern; and so here he stood, outside the Dragon’s Scale. If the name wasn’t convincing enough, its appearance was. Judging by looks, it seemed to be a large tavern of sorts.

Approaching the entrance, Lithius pushed open the doors and stepped inside, taking in its interior. He retracted his former observation. Rather than a tavern, it appeared to be a spacious inn, with tables for dining and drink. The holy knight had greatly underestimated its size, for it had appeared much smaller than it actually was from the exterior of the large building. What immediately caught his eye, however, were the boards among the far walls within the Dragon’s Scale. Drawn to the timber panels, he studied the various papers and notices among them. Among all of them, however, a certain posted scrap of paper caught his eye. Barely discernible, practically chicken-scratch, but legible enough to decipher:

Five at most adventurers needed, ready to seek gold and glory! 10 spears each, and hidden riches await. See Sully for details.

Sully. I had heard that name before, hadn’t I?

Truthfully, he had heard the name thrown about during the fiasco within the hallway. Who this Sully was, he did not know; were he to find this man, however, he would have to return to that dreaded gala. Lithius mulled his decisions over, and at a glance it seemed he was determined to stare down the piece of paper before him.