[Guild] The Dragon's Scale

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Guild] The Dragon's Scale

Post by Monika » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:59 pm

"Oh, it's alright," The woman smiled lightly, "I am Kadissna Dorenka, the Guild Master here... As for how things work, this board here.." she gestured to the Jobs Board, "Is for regular jobs. You can take any of these without needing to be a member of the guild. They are always very low risk, and usually are errands or small hunting jobs. It's free to put up a job, as long as the payout is less than ten spears. If the payout is more than ten spears, it goes to the Quest Board. These tasks are usually long term, more dangerous, and pay more. The fee to put a notice on this board is one spear per ten. The fee goes to the guild, for processing the requests, paperwork, and the like. You need to be a member of the guild before you can take the jobs on this board. The Membership fee is a Sword yearly, with a bed and meals included with that cost. There is a chest at the foot of each bed, which can be used to store items. You can lock it, provided you get your own lock for privacy purposes. In... the event that you were to pass while on a mission, or otherwise... we do have a cemetery, unless you have your own arrangements.."

Kadissna smiled gently. "If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I am here usually all day, but if you ever need anything, Zephora, our chef, is able to help you. She takes the fees and payouts when I'm not here, and will pay out when the job or task is done."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:59 pm

The knock came, then vanished, as the little blonde girl opened the Guild door slightly. She peaked in quietly her big blue eyes curious. Her 3'9" frame was tiny, being only six. She gulped looking around the Guild Hall before slipping in through the door. She quietly her eyes looking around. She gave a soft cough as she tried to dust off her dress.

However, it was futile. The dress that once was silky white and clean, was now coated and soil and a variety of other stains from living on the street. However, she was very thin, and her stomach growled. The smell of food in the air made her mouth water but she had no coin to buy bread. Instead she took a seat in the corner on the floor. She didn't cry instead she played with her ragged bear, humming a little time like any six your old.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:57 am

Zephora paused her work in the kitchen. Even though she had all of the scents of her cooking wafting around her, she could still discern the familiar smell of dirt. She wondered if one of the adventurers got back from one of the quests or jobs. She poked her head out of the kitchen, seeing none of the familiar faces. There was someone at the board with the Guild Master, and someone in the corner. A little someone. And that little someone looked like she could put some meat on their bones.

She popped back into the kitchen and got to work, ladling some rabbit and venison stew into a large wooden bowl, along with a spoon and a large piece of bread. She gave it a onceover before heading out to one of the tables in the main hall, setting the bowl down and looking to the girl. "Hey kid, why don't you come over here and eat, hm? It's on the house." she smiled warmly.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:30 am

Aria heard the woman call to her with the food. Her eyes lit up and her frame moved to stand she almost ran over, but remembered her manners. She was a lady, ladies don't run in dresses. Just like mamma always said. She walked over to where the food was and gave a small bow. "Thank you miss! It smells really yummy!" She said happily before hoisting herself up to her seat and using her knees to prop herself up to eat.

She didn't slurp, nor spill a crumb. She ate quietly and with a big smile on her face. She was careful not to eat too quickly, not knowing when her next meal was going to be, She wanted to savior the meal. Her teddy bear was still tucked under her arm as she ate. It was the only possession she had, and she clung to it. She looked at the woman whom fed her and gave her a big smile. "This is amazing!" She said her tone light despite all the darkness she had seen. It was an untainted light that still shown through.
On silent wings I fly, age, nor strength, nor wisdom defy me. For I consume all.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:18 pm

"You're welcome." Zephora looked the girl over as she ate, her hands on her hips. The kid really was underfed, probably one of the street kids. She smiled lightly at the compliment. "Thank you, I'm glad you like it. Back in my hometown, I got the nickname 'Divine Chef' cause I guess people liked my food a whole bunch. They even named a restaurant after my nickname." she laughed a bit at the fact. "You want more?"

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:30 pm

Without much worry for bothering anyone or interrupting anything Arcadia burst through the door. She was still pulling the Dragon lady along trying to spot the guild master anywhere." Heyo! Kadissna! I got someone I want you to meet! Also, Zephy I got a hungry customer for ya!" Arcadia called out openly to the guild as she floated inside and moved forward She spotted the guild master over by the request board, well she was hard to spot seeing she was part Dragon." Alright, wait here okay? I'll be right back." Arcadia explained to Alex as she floated off towards Kadissna.

Maybe she could help her figure some stuff out. Perhaps the two would get along seeing as they are both dragons. The guard hurried over to the guild master stopping nearby her and offered a friendly grin." Good morning Madam Kadissna, I was wondering if you give me a hand in fully greeting a new comer to our fair city. She says she's a dragon of some kind and I thought I'd bring her to you." Arcadia explained the best she could looking over at Alex whom she left at the tables in case Zephy came out and asked what she wanted to eat or something.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Aria was about to reply to the chef when the lady burst into the Guild. Instinctively she hid under the table clutching her bear tightly. Her eyes looking out as she watched the lady. Her eyes looked to the chef as she realized that everything was okay. "S-sorry." She said quietly. The small girl coming back out from under the table and stood looking at the floor. "May I please have some more?" She said looking back up offering a smile.

She was still startled by the suddenness but she seemed to calm down ever so quickly as she relaxed. Her feline like eyes were like looking at a kitten. Small, helpless, and ever so innocent. She lightly and out of habit, dusted off her dress. Her eyes looking up, still holding tight to the teddy bear.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Zephora heard the door nearly slam open, looking towards it a little and seeing the guard with a very large woman, seeing that she had to duck her head just to enter. "I really needed that Elk and Boar..." She sighed a little. "Looks like I'm going to have to go get it myself, dust off the old knives." She looked back down to the little girl, smiling lightly. "Sure, I'll get you some more." She picked up the bowl and patted her on the head gently before heading back into the kitchen to get more soup, and cook up something for the larger woman. She could smell the dirt on her, and she remembered it from outside the city, back when she had been traveling.

The Guild Master had watched the pair enter the guild, curiosity evident on her face. Her spade-tipped tail flicked back and forth a little as she turned towards Arcadia who had started to float over to her. "A dragon, you say? I see..." she looked over to Alex. "There aren't many dragon species I know that can take on such a good human form.." She moved over to where Alex was standing. "So what sort of dragon are you?"

Alex looked to the Guild Master when she approached. "Amethyst Dragon," she responded, looking down to her. She had never actually seen anyone that looked remotely like a dragon before. Though she was pink, instead of purple.

"Amethyst... I never even heard of them...." Kadissna muttered as she tried to think. She had heard of many different sorts, but never that one.

"Last one. When hatched, saw all dead around nest," the larger woman explained.

"Oh.. I see... I'm sorry..."

Arion Queen
Bronze

Post by Arion Queen » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:34 pm

Aria smiled as the woman patted her head. "Thank you." She said warmly dipping her head in respect and thanks. Her tiny frame was minuscule compared the dragon lady. She turned to look at the larger woman feeling herself hold her teddy bear closer to herself. Her nose told the lady was some sort of creature, big, and scales. She smiled and sat back into her spot swinging her legs humming softly. She was happy to have food, and a safe place to relax.
"I saw three ships go sailing by, go sailing by, go sailing by. I saw three ships go sailing by er'lie in the morning." She sang softly. Even for one so young, she had a lovely voice. As true to her kind. She sang quietly, as she swung her legs to and fro, playing with her bear on her lap. She seemed happy despite misfortune. "See Mr. Bear, told you we'd get out of the streets one day. Momma and Pappa and big brother smile on us from the gardens." She said to her bear with a soft giggle.

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:19 pm

Arcadia felt it was a good call to take Alex to the Dragon's Scale guild seeing as Kadissna was one of the Dragon races. Figured she might be able to help figure out some things, plus Zephy made some of the best food around. Figured she'd give the new girl a treat by giving her a chance to try to Zephy's famous cooking. The shorter woman listened to the two speak as Alex declared she was something called an Amethyst Dragon. Just like the guild master she had never heard of them, then again she didn't even know what she was. It was a bit heartbreaking to hear Alex state she was the last of her kind.

" Ah...That's terrible. Sorry to hear that Alex. I'm sure you'll be able to find amazing people here whom you'll befriend. Anyway before you said something about wanting to help people right? Well this guild is one of the best in the city, they help lots of people." Arcadia said as her tone slowly became a bit more outgoing and loud. Part of the reason she brought Alex here was to perhaps see to her signing up. There were good people here, she was sure the large woman would find friends quickly.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.