[Guild] The Dragon's Scale

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
Monika
Casual Mod

[Guild] The Dragon's Scale

Post by Monika » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 pm

Welcome to the The Dragon's Scale, our lovely Adventurer's Guild. If it is your first time here, all you need to do is Register!

New quests and jobs come in all the time, and the pay is good. Not to mention you get to help normal folks! So come on in, kick back and find yourself an adventure! If you don't, the adventure just might end up finding you!

To get started, be sure to acquaint yourself with our establishment! We have plenty of tables to sit down, talk, and prepare for your next adventure. We also have supplies available for purchase.

Our Guildmaster is Kadissna Dorenka, having gained the land that the Guild was established on, through her own deeds and adventures. She had the guild built to help others earn a living as Adventurers, as well as help the areas around. We get jobs from all around the land, and all of them are worth the trouble!

So what do you say, Adventurer? Will you join the family of the Dragon's Scale?

So, still sticking around, huh? That must mean you decided to join us! We have permanent Lodging upstairs, just take a nametag and stick it on your bed. There's also a kitchen where you can taste the cooking of the Divine Chef. She is in the kitchen for all three meals of the day. If she happens to be around outside of the three meals, she's willing to cook for those adventurers getting in late from their rough quests. All meals are free. But first, we need you to fill out some paperwork, and sign up for the complimentary funerary service. ...Just formalities. Not saying yer gonna kick the bucket or anything, but in the event that something DOES happen on the job, this will see to it that your arrangements have already been taken care of. We have multiple packages available for extra cost...

I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Re: [Guild] The Dragon's Scale

Post by Monika » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 pm

Guild Master
Kadissna Dorenka

Guild Staff
Zephora Raynsford, Chef

Guild Members
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Jobs Board

Local, non-dangerous jobs go up here. Mostly errands, herb gathering, stuff like that. Most of these are on the low end of the pay scale. It is free to post jobs on this board if the payout is under 10 silver Spears. You do not need to be a guild member to take jobs.
Notice #1 wrote:
  • Need someone to go out and get some game for me. Low on boar and elk.
    Payout is 2 Spears per pound. Deliver to Guild Kitchen.
    Thanks,
    Zephora

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Quest Board

Here are your more dangerous jobs. Most of them require travel, and they usually have risk involved. This is where your real money comes in. In order to place a job on this board, a fee of one Silver Spear per 10 Spear is required. The extra Spear piece goes straight to the guild, while the rest goes to the ones taking the jobs.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:45 am

Zephora yawned lightly, sitting in the main hall near the kitchen. It was a slow night, it seemed. Most people already had their jobs and quests, so they were out doing that. The boards were empty, save the one notice she had put up earlier in the day, and hoped that it would fill up again soon. She was bored, and hated when she had no one to cook for. The tavern down the way had already filled their spot, so there wasn't entirely much to do when the hall was dead like it was that day. Only another few minutes, though, and she'd be closing the kitchen.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:24 am

As the last minutes drew tense in the fading night, the rustle of feathers and the thud of boots announced Sully's arrival. He peered around the empty hall, licked his lips, and immediately walked over to the job board. Giving Zephora a filthy wink, he tacked a notice up to the wall. In a nearly-illegible scrawl, it read:

Five at most adventurers needed, ready to seek gold and glory! 10 spears each, and hidden riches await. See Sully for details.

He shuffled over to where Zephora sat, his change purse already out and jingling.

"Lady of the House not be in? Issa shame, that. Fivy-five shinies for tha board, don' aks me where I be gettin' 'em."

He dropped the silver coins on the table and smirked.

"Promise dey ain't fake, not dis time, no sirree. Not forra pretty like you."
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Zephora looked at the strange man in front of her. Even though she saw him relatively frequently, it didn't make him any less strange. And that wasn't just because of his appearance. He was always shady when he came by.. and why says 'don't ask where I got them' unless they did something shady to get it. In her experience, at least. And it was difficult to tell his motives. Then again, she was just a cook. Reading people wasn't exactly her expertise. "Lady Dorenka was pretty mad about that incident...." She commented, making sure the coins were all there, before getting up and going to the kitchen, putting the fee in the till, and the payout in a bag of its own. "She should be back any time, though," she came back out and sat down in her chair.

Jeremy
Trap Card

Post by Jeremy » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:55 am

After a restless sleep full of flashbacks and nightmares Antonio got out of his bed in The Lady Blue. He quickly dressed himself and looked over his appearance. He looked nothing more than a common adventurer or mercenary. He had to admit that he actually was growing fond of the look. He left his room with all of his belongings and walked out into the Market Square.

"Time to find a job, I guess." He said in his head as he walked around the square. After walking for a bit he remembered that back home there was a local "adventures guild" and thought that there had to be one here as well. He stopped by a guardsman on patrol and asked him about it. The guard kindly showed him the way and went back to his patrol.

Antonio walked briskly to the building. He pushed open the large door and examined the inside. It relatively looked like just a tavern or inn. Antonio approached the job board. He wasn't sure exactly how things worked this far from home, but he just started reading through the quest and hoped someone would come along to give him a little instruction.

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:53 pm

A tall, pink skinned woman came over to Antonio, wearing a tight sleeveless top with a cape, and a long skirt. Beyond her skin, her most notable features were her horns and tail. "Welcome to the Dragon's Scale," she replied, smiling lightly. "I haven't seen you around, what can I do for you?" She looked him over a little, noticing he was looking at the board. She had just noticed that it was scarce. There were only two up there, and one was from... She frowned, looking back towards the kitchen. "Zephora, Dear..." she called back.

"The coins are legit," the chef responded from the back, the smell of breakfast permeating the hall.

"Just wanted to make sure...."

Jeremy
Trap Card

Post by Jeremy » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 pm

Antonio snapped out of his trance as a woman's voice spoke to him. He turned to see an abnormally tall woman. Before he could do anything else she started speaking again.

"Welcome to the Dragon's Scale, I haven't seen you around, what can I do for you?"

After asking the tall lady looked over the board. After reading the one that Antonio was looking at she turned and shouted to the chef. The chef responded confirming that coins were real.

Antonio smiled and straightened up before speaking. "Yes, madame, this is my first time here. I'm not quite sure how all of this works."