[Shop] A Brewed Awakening

Go shopping! Open a store! Go bankrupt! Die in poverty!
Taiska

Post by Taiska » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:03 am

A modest shop sat in the middle of Azuria, directly adjacent to The Lady Blue, so that adventurers may stop by on their way out of the Inn. The exterior is adorned with several plants that hang from metal hooks. Beside the greenery, there is a window, showing some of the contents within the store. Inside the window, shelves with an assortment of bottles placed on them, their contents unknown. A small sign hangs above the front door, an empty bottle along with the text A Brewed Awakening is engraved onto the soft wood. Inside of the shop there is a counter immediately to the left, where it looks like a shopkeep would stand. Two more windows are located on the furthest walls, one on the top right, and the other on the top left. Books and unfinished potions litter the counter and behind it, a door leads to an unknown room. Adjacent to the counter, several shelves hold dozens of tonics and potions and toward the back of the shop several herbs hang on display. A small sign sits on the counter with the words, "Willing to negotiate prices and make custom tonics".

Prosperity tries the fortunate, Adversity the great
Last edited by Taiska on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Prosperity tries the fortunate, adversity the great

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: [Shop] A Brewed Awakening

Post by Annasiel » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:30 am

An old man entered the shop, remarkably spry for his apparent age, and immediately began browsing the contents of the shelves. As he walked, his staff pounded rhythmically on the floors with every step. At a certain spot, he stopped, and coughed loud.

"Shopkeep, ye think ye can get that bottle up there for me? I'd get it myself, but I got no fekkin wings like the rest of yer clients apparently fekkin have."
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:14 am

Amelia was standing behind the counter, frantically organizing several differently colored bottles. At first, she didn't notice the man walk into the store as she kept moving the various bottles and containers. Mumbling could be heard behind the counter as glass clinked and wood scraped. She heard a man cough and quickly spun around.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't see you there!"

She quickly bowed and swiftly moved from behind the counter, grabbing a small stool as she came.

"Which one was the one that you wanted? I'm sorry, I'm still moving stuff around. The more expensive potions will eventually make their way up here."

She let out a soft giggle and sat the stool down near the rack and turned to face the older man.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:46 am

The old man humphed, but not unkindly, and his scowl softened. He pointed to a bright green bottle perched on a high shelf.

"That'un, if ye please," he replied. "My favorite tree's got a spot of mold. I'd normally try to cleanse it meself, but I got no fekking time these days, what with how long it takes me to do anything."

He rubbed at his nose, and shrugged.

"Don't get old if ye can't help it, girl."

Taiska

Post by Taiska » Tue May 15, 2018 6:17 pm

After receiving confirmation from the man, she stood onto the stool and stretched her right arm up as much as she could, smiling as she did. "I understand, I just moved into Azuria, so I'm still trying to find my bearings. The shop's slow and there's so much competition around here. I couldn't imagine not being able to make my tonics." Slowly her fingers wrapped around the vibrantly green vial, whispering a soft Gotcha. She handed the vial to the man as her smile widened. "Don't worry about the price. You're my first customer, have it free of charge. Please get rid of that pesky mold, your tree deserves the best after all!" After she handed him the tonic, she happily skipped back to her desk, where she cheerfully waved at him.

Prosperity tries the fortunate, Adversity the great

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed May 16, 2018 12:50 am

The old man stare blankly at the disturbingly cheerful girl, his eyes shifting to the verdant tonic when it was pressed into his hand. He huffed, pocketed the vial, and began rummaging around in his robes.

"First thing ye gotta learn, girl," he scolded, "is kindness will get ye fekkin nowhere. People are shit, so if ye give stuff away, they gonna always expect that."

He pulled out three copper shields, a ball of grass, and something that looked suspiciously like a knotted, dried rat tail. He shook his head, picked the coins out of the eclectic pile, and shoved the rest back into god-knows-where. The copper went down on the counter with a slam.

"There. Now ye got yer first payin' customer."