The Streets of Azuria

Abandoned threads and finished plots.
MayonnaiseSupreme

Re: The Streets of Azuria

Post by MayonnaiseSupreme » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:58 am

Ginx gazed up at Rowan as he introduced himself, before letting out a loud snort through his nose, a satisfied and squinty expression rolling over his features. "Okay~" He cooed back in return, before the teen swung around on his heel to start to walk away... Only to remember that he actually had no choice but to turn around again and follow for a bit after Rowan before turning off down an alley, their destinations being in the same direction.

"I'll be there, or buy you a whole new shiny metal hat!" Said Ginx, before turning down a path for now, until they met again soon.

Vein Hart

Post by Vein Hart » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:49 pm

As Vein enters the streets of the city, he took a deep breathe and smiled.

"Yeah, I think this place will do nicely" he exclaims.

He slowly swings his lute from his back into his arms and strums a calm tune as he walks down the streets looking at wares for sale, nodding at the people he spots looking at him, greeting them with a kind smile on his face.

He begins to hum along with the tune, leaning over the stalls to take closer looks at whats on display.

"Mind if I play next to your stall?" He asks a vendor. "Could bring in more customers?"

The man looks at vein and nods.

Vein quickly picks up the pace of the music into a happy jig, singing songs about the adventures he may have been a part of while coming to the city.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:21 am

Walking through the streets, Rowan hears the sound of music. He turns to look at the source, which turns out to be a traveling bard. He stops to listen for a few minutes, placing a silver piece on the table next to the man. He leans carefully on the stall, turning his head and looking over the people from time to time.
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Vein Hart

Post by Vein Hart » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:16 am

Vein takes a looks down at the silver and slides it towards the street vendor.

"Heres my rent for the spot you let me borrow" Vein chuckles. His head turns towards Rowan. "So, any requests? I have poems, ballads, music and stories. A silvers gonna let you pick whick one."

He takes a quick scan of Rowan, the armour, the near expressionless face. He's met this type before. Always trying to do whats right, maybe not by the rules of the law, but by their own moral code. He likes that kind of character. Had a few save his life before, then again he also saved a couple of theirs.

Vein smiles at Rowan, strumming a quiet tune so that he can listen to the reply.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:42 am

"Whatever you wish," he replies. "I actually have to get back to my route soon, don't want the people thinking we've gotten slack," he adds with a chuckle. He listens to the bard as he passes another glance over the market, and shouts a warning to a man attempting to pocket some produce.

"I'm guessing you're not from around here?" he asks the bard, returning his attention to him. His face was unfamiliar.

Vein Hart

Post by Vein Hart » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:45 pm

"No, this is my first day here."

Vein plays a tune he heard from another travelling bard in the nearby area outside of Azuria, hoping to be able to catch the attention of people that recognise it.

"Thought id share my music with everyone. Im actually wondering if there are any adventurers guilds around, somewhere that i can be of service to people. Im good company, make every journey fun with my stories and songs. I like to think it inspires people to do better"

Vein stops strumming his lute, and places swings it to his back. He reaches out his hand towards Rowan.

"My names Vein, Vein Hart. Its a pleasure to meet you..." Vein leans in, waiting to hear the reply from the first person he's had a conversation with in the city.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:10 pm

Another traveler? Been a lot of them recently. At least this one seems normal enough, compared to the giant woman from the masque.

"My name's Vein, Vein Hart. It's a pleasure to meet you..." the man says, clearly expecting a response. Thinking it the polite thing to do anyway, Rowan straightens his form and offers his own introduction.

"I am Rowan Suttrow, captain of the city guard," he replies, holding out his hand. "And we do have an adventurer's guild; the Dragon's Scale. If you would like, I could show you the way."

Vein Hart

Post by Vein Hart » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:19 pm

"I am Rowan Suttrow, captain of the city guard"
Captain of the city guard? Vein quickly remembers other guard captains hes met and this man doesnt seem like one. Too kind, too public. Now theres nothing wrong with that, Vein thinks to himself. After all, the people should know who protects them. They should remember his face. Hes standing up for everyone else, keeping the city safe. Hes the one thats going to be on the front lines if the city ever get attacked. Vein enjoyed the image of Rowan being the brave leader everyone needs, be it true or not, its how he will think of him.

"And we do have an adventurer's guild; the Dragon's Scale. If you would like, I could show you the way."

Vein quickly grabs Rowans open palm, shaking it rapidly, giddy with excitement.
"Absolutely! It would be an honour Captain! Lead the way."

Bats

Post by Bats » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:30 pm

Crunch, crunch, crunch.

Even through the hustle and bustle of the market, the heavy footfalls that threatened to crack the cobblestone below could be heard and felt by vendors and their customers alike. Those who turned toward its source were greeted by the sight of a massive figure that could have easily been mistaken for a statue, had it not just been moving. However, few were very surprised, as that same man of stone had returned to that same spot every day of the previous week. None questioned it, at least not aloud: the uncommon was a common sight on the streets of Azuria. However, one couldn't help but feel the slightest bit unnerved at the sight of the stone being, silently watching everyone through pupiless eyes.

Since its awakening, it had always found living creatures interesting, particularly the bipedal ones. Humans and their ilk. It wanted to understand why they did the things that they did, which is how it found itself in the center their city. However, its observation left it only with more questions. For hours on end they traded shiny pieces of rock for bits of fabric and flesh, among other oddities. Perhaps speaking to one of them would have been enlightening, but it wasn't even sure if any would even understand its words. 'Intelligent' wasn't the word it would use to describe what it saw, and what if one them tried to...fornicate with it?! No, for now, it would stay right where it was and watch.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:11 am

"Oy! You!" called a commanding voice from down the street. A guard ran up to beside the ambling golem, his armor clanking with every step, greatsword resting on his shoulder like a musket. He looked the odd creature up and down, then frowned.

"You sentient? Or someone own you?" he demanded. "Gods fucking help us, if we got another runaway mad wizard's pet on our hands, I'm finna stab my throat out. I am not dealing with that paperwork again."

He grabbed for the golem's wrist, as if to detain it.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end