Strange Happenings: Azuria's Local News

Chat with your fellow Azurians! Try to keep things calm, fighting is for the Arena.
CanadianCake
Bronze

Strange Happenings: Azuria's Local News

Post by CanadianCake » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Calls of The Town Caller

A bell rings furiously as a man on a rooftop bellows out the news, his blonde white hair whipping in the wind.

"Reported death from a suspicious character at the ball this evenin', clobbered in the foread with a thrown 'ammer. Gory sight, really was, nasty business all around. Rich snob prolly 'ad it comin to 'im though. One eyewitness, 'oo can see rather well in the dark, reported that the strange man was causing a ruckus with blue magic. 'As yet to be confirmed.

Wait, the body disappeared?

BODY OF DEAD MAN SUNK INTO SHADOWS THIS EVENING AT MASQWEE, NO MAN IS SAFE. ASSUME ALL 'OPE IS LOST.

In other news related to the gala, Ser- no, Lord Aleksander Conrad made an appearance. Much to every person's surprise.
 Many other influential families such as the Fray and Blackwells are also, although unsurprisinly, in attendance. Side note; look at Ebony, she's such a beaut. Missin' out by not attending the Masqwee. What, that's not 'ow you say it Lysander?

Concernin' the festival, many vendors and entertainers 'ave gathered from all over Azuria to take part of this stellar event. I particularly like Delfi, and you can find her at the Blue Lady during 'er work hours. I've asked her for a dance before, and I would not recommend. I would recommend watchin' 'er dancin' from a safe distance though.

SHADOWY FIGURES SPOTTED AT THE FESTIVAL. ALL 'OPE IS LOST, LOCK SELVES IN HOMES. BOLT THE DOORS-

What? Oh, they were defeated! Resume wary vigilance.

An ambassador from Dementia- wait- Selentia, 'as arrived today. Quinn Durael. Funny lookin' fella, I personally don't trust 'im. Local women are fawnin' over 'im, much to manys dismay.  'As a mysterious an dark past, that must be the appeal.

Man 'angs himself, asks to be buried in tree sap to be crystallized in the future. Nutty, simply nutty. The man wrote in a note that 'e wanted 'is body preserved in tree sap, then broken out when modern medicine could revive 'im and make 'im immortal. I would just call up a necromancer if I wanted that done."

Ryder finally finished his yelling, hooking the bell onto his hip and walking across the rooftops. He prepared to shout out advertisements and propaganda.

[Message Me if you want a certain bit of news or an advertisement of your business and services in here.]
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:21 am
Kill me daddy

CanadianCake
Bronze

Re: Strange Happenings: Azuria's Local News

Post by CanadianCake » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:23 pm

Ryder took out a container of water and drank from it, making sure his throat didn't die from all the yelling. If course, he always had a loud tone, it was hard for him to be quiet.

"And now, advertisements from the lovely businesses and people of Azuria! 'Opefully one of them will sponsor us, seein' as 'ow we give them business.

Come one, come all to Amirah's Wares! A lovely stall that seems to grow every time I visit it! It contains many fine and exotic wares from lands most of you will never visit. You may even find a magical item there, although it it best for the desperate courtin' man trying to find a lovely trinket for the object of his affections. They 'ave lovely prices and been part of our grand city for nearly thirteen bloody years!  Kudos to them for stickin' it out this long.

If it's potions you're looking for, look no further than the 'appy Draggy Apothecary! Potions upon potions for the adventurer and common person alike. They provide several useful potions at their smallish shop, and I will betcha they make love, or rather, obsession potions! I wouldn't know, I've never needed one.

Dresses, or any clothin' for that matter, can be found at the Sewin' and Stitches shop! They are my favorite place to purchase from, and they even made this wonderful pair of pants I am wearin'. Look at the workmanship, the intricate stitching. Marvelous! Sewin' and Stitches makes clothing for the rich and poor alike, so 'ead down to their shop for 'igh end fashion!

Looking for money, fame, glory, or to simply serve Azuria? Look no further than the Dragon's Guild. There you can solve problems or drop off your issues for someone else to fix. They 'ave 'ousing for guild members, and even cookin'. If you are a guild member they will provide funeral services in the scenario that you die. Grand place, really is. Questers, adventurers, and gardeners, come to the Dragon's Guild for all your misap needs.

The Blue Lady Tavern and inn- wait, what? It's the Lady Blue? I've been reading it wrong the 'ole time. Well, this quaint place is perfect for any traveler to come rest their 'ead, and the food they serve is excellent. Really, they 'ave a mighty fine cook. And lovely women everywhere! The only man workin' there is the owner, Gustav, who runs the business quite well after his gamblin' phase. I've always wanted to play cards with the man one last time, but 'e's sworn it off! Back to the straight and narrow 'e says.

Lastly, an advertisement for Josephine Ward. She is lookin' for a roommate in 'er apartment, and she is quite the pretty one. Wouldn't mind- ouch! All right Lysander! Anyways, she is willing to split the rent 60/40 so contact her for more information. She can be found working at the Lady Blue most days," Ryder finished, clearing his throat. He looked down at the festival bellow and debated joining it. Alas, there was probably more news to be gathered, more messages to be delivered. So he let Lysander land on his shoulder and strutted across the rooftops toward his home.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy

CanadianCake
Bronze

Re: Strange Happenings: Azuria's Local News

Post by CanadianCake » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:00 pm

Lysander barked in delight as Ryder appeared, readying for one last bit of news on this dreary night. Ryder barked back at the snowy owl.

"Recently an old woman was found dead in 'er shop, bruises around 'er neck, and 'er temple bashed in. Bloody mess the shop was, although I suspect it 'ad been that way before the presumed murder. There 'asn't been a confirmed story to 'o 'ad killed 'er. But there is suspicion surroundin' the man 'o attacked the palace at the ball. Guards are still scramblin' for answers.

There 'ave been alarmin' reports of a skeleton wandering the streets, and one man was scared out of 'is wits spottin' a skeleton outside the guard station. Further information will be gathered on the origins of our bony friend, but townsfolk are advised to remain in a state of paranoia and fear.

A Paladdin by the name of Lithius arrived at Azuria today. 'e bore news of increased bandit attacks in the outlands. All those 'oo plan to travel from the city, be wary. Of course, when is it safe to travel in Azuria? 'E also said that many of the villages 'ave 'ad bandits settling on their land. Lady Conrad has ordered investigation on 'is claims.

In a 'ome with a miserable gray color,  and a door with chippin' paint, alarmed people 'ave 'eard crashin' noises from within. Many say it's 'aunted, and I reckon they're right. More to be revealed upon investigation."

Ryder croaked a bit at the end and rubbed his throat at the end. He thought all that news would do for today and he began walking toward the sketchy part of town to continue his investigations. Then he would have more to the stories to shout in the morning. Ryder was particularly interested in the haunted house, although Lysander insisted it was a load of rubbish.
Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Kill me daddy