Vael: The Void Terror

Submit your characters here for moderator approval.
LunaHawk

Vael: The Void Terror

Post by LunaHawk » Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:28 am

5422048-5316528-img_4852.jpg
5422048-5316528-img_4852.jpg (188.76 KiB) Viewed 125 times

Name: Vael. The Void Terror. The Void Touched, Shadow Queen

Sex: Female

Race: Human (with a touch of void)

Height: 5'9

Weight:

Appearance: Vael is a stunning athletic beauty with a razor sharp mind to back it up. She prefers to wear fancy formal clothing, particularly courtly finery. When it comes to battle however this battle mage prefers to adopt her "battle dress," a set of clothing that also operates as armor. The actual material of the battle dress is essentially woven Void generated by her iron will. The material is light, exceedingly flexible and capable of protecting against slashing and piercing damage, up to a reasonable point. Less potent than plate mail but more capable than simple leather.

Personality:
Arrogant and unyielding. Vael enjoys spending company with her fellow nobility and sees the lesser classes as...well...lesser.

Primarily Vael is a mage but she is also a flexible, swift melee combatant who has become adept at tapping into her magical abilities and using her favored weapon, a bo-staff, at the same time. The Void Terror combines seemingly inhuman flexibility with quickness and speed to apply brutal physical strikes to nearby foes. When not in melee, she can tap into her magical abilities to project power out to a far greater range.

Powers:

Spells: Spells are divided below by resource type. I will probably add more to this list over time, this is just to get started. Each spell entry also includes "PG" which stands for Power Grouping. The number following PG is the number of combat posts by the spell caster before the same power grouping is available again. While a power grouping is unavailable (note, PG 1 does not follow this rule) only spells of the PGs below it may be cast. Thus, if a character casts a PG 4 spell, they can only cast PG 3 and lower until they have made four combat posts. If they cast PG 1, they may continue casting PG 1 and may also cast PG above 1. PG 1 spells are very basic and simple to cast and require very little in the way of resources.

Torrential Downpour (PG 1)- The caster summons a massive downpour of rain that only ends when they wave it off. The rain does not cause any physical harm (unless you're like, the wicked witch of the west or something) but makes flight and other similar movements difficult and can quickly cause flash flooding.

See the Future (PG 3)- The caster is able to see the motions of their foes attacks before they happen, allowing them precognitive reaction time. This spell functions by reading the vibrations of rain in the near future, thus it does not function unless it is raining.

Telepathic Communion (PG 1)- The caster creates a telepathic bond between themselves and one other individual within two hundred feet.

Telepathic Barrier (PG 2)- The caster creates a telepathic defense, allowing them to attempt to thwart telepathic assault.

Teleportation (PG 2)- The caster may teleport to any location they see, have seen or know within four hundred feet.

Basic Spells:

These spells are spells Vael can always access regardless of manna source.

Shield (PG 1, 3) - Creates a defensive energy barrier around the caster of strength determined at casting. PG 1 creates a shield capable of absorbing blows of up to 5 tons as well as heat and energy attacks. PG 3 summons a shield that can absorb any one offensive spell and weapons up to and including cannons.

Skills:

A skilled hand to hand and bo-staff warrior Vael has cultivated extreme flexibility as part of her combat prowess. She was trained from the age of six to wield her staff and is most comfortable with it, though she is reasonably capable of using a sword (and is absolutely terrible with axes).

Vael is also an academic, she spends much of her time in study or practicing her abilities. She reads frequently, usually anything she can get her hands on with a preference for material of the arcane or ancient variety. She's not especially amazing at reading, she won't be finishing any books in five minutes, but she is a good reader.

Equipment:

Her Bo-Staff and the usual finery of Nobility.

Vael was torn from another world, ripped between the thin barriers of realities and pulled through the Void Between Worlds. There she was tainted by the Void, empowered by it and infused with it. This experience altered her way of thinking and made her...colder. She was a queen on her world, married off to a king at the age of sixteen. She had been raised from birth for this purpose and fulfilled her role well, influencing the King's decisions until she had a firm grasp on his realm.

She has a twin sister and the two have long been at odds, both favor the bo-staff, both were trained for the same role, but only Vael succeeded. Vael believes her sister was pulled through the Void as well and she searches for her in hopes of burying the hatchet now that both are stranded in a different world, far away from what they were raised for, far away from their so called family or anything they have been familiar with.

Ok so I'm still working on this character, I used her a lot on a previous forum but her powers were...well...designed to match the often absurd power levels thrown my way. As such her spells have been dramatically reduced but if there is a need to reduce them further please let me know, I don't want to be "that guy" that runs around with the most OP OP of all the OPs in the land. I certainly don't want anyone to feel as if an encounter with Vael is certain death either.
Last edited by LunaHawk on Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Vael: The Void Terror

Post by Annasiel » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:11 am

My main concern is, as you mentioned, her power level is a tad inconsistent with that of other accepted characters. We're a pretty low-power RP, and those that do have higher levels of power tend to have a cohesive theme of sorts, over a scattered (yet powerful) toolbox of utility. Might I suggest focusing on one area of expertise, such as her fire?

I'm not too comfortable with a jack-of-all trades type being that strong in her various fields of expertise.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~
"To bear the brunt of blizzard's kiss and snare the wind to fingertips."

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:15 am

I can do that. Like I said I'm still adjusting to the different power levels here. I'm more than happy to address concerns.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:19 am

Apologies for taking so long to reply, by the way, been in a bit of a bout of lethargy lately and wanted to make sure I addressed what I wanted to address without seeming offputting.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:31 am

Don't worry I totally get it.

Edit: Ok, I've modified her spells to focus on the "water" based ones (which also include telepathic abilities) and removed all the other spells from the list.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:06 am

Accepted!
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~