Anna's Shpiels

For testing and seeing how things look on the site.
Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Anna's Shpiels

Post by Annasiel » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:12 am

[Possible Picture]

Name: Adelaide du Pont

Personality

Likes: Reading, especially fantasy novels. She's very fond of coming up with colorful worlds of her own, and can often be found in her own head, dreaming up ideas. She's also enjoys talking, to the point where she will approach total strangers and start conversations off the bat, even if they're clearly uncomfortable. She takes a bit of pleasure in board games, like chess and monopoly, but she especially enjoys games that employ the use of imagination.

Dislikes: Thunderstorms, for one. She knows they won't hurt her, she's known that since she was little, but she can't help but jump every time there's a thunderclap. This translates to other loud noises, but thunder rankles her especially. She dislikes most manner of creepy crawlies, be they bugs, spiders, worms, snakes, or eels, and absolutely detests being alone. She isn't extraverted, per se, but she is hesitant to say goodbyes and turns silent and sad when out of company.

Skills: She's very creative, quick at solving problems. When she's paying attention, she can pick up on things fairly quickly, though her attention often seems to wander if the situation didn't catch her interest. She's not particularly athletic, even for her age, and she has trouble sticking to any set schedules or structures. She's very personable, if that can be considered a skill. Not quite a people person, not quite charismatic, but she's comfortable around other people, even seeks them out instinctively.

Foibles: She is incredibly gullible. There isn't an ounce of cynicism in her body, and she will readily believe anything someone says. She isn't stupid in the slightest, but her trust is easily given, and incredibly difficult to shake. She doesn't respond well to negative criticism. She will admit it's something "she needs to get better," but when given without warning, she will grow petulant and sulky. In addition, she has a negative, almost hostile, reaction to anyone that tries to separate her from her twin. Other than this, she is typically pleasant, even passive at times, allowing others to do as they please as long as she gets to talk to them for a bit.

Goals: To feel like she belongs somewhere, and to feel like she's worth something.

Hobbies: Reading, drawing, writing, making things out of whatever odds and ends she can find. She has a creative mind, though it isn't fully for herself. She enjoys doing things that make people praise her. If she shows any natural talent in it, if people tell her she's good at it, she'll try her best to impress them again. Most hobbies picked up in this way, however, are later sullenly dropped when she learns she wasn't as skilled at them as she first thought.

Habits: She has a slight nervous tick. Whenever she's scared or anxious, she'll dig her fingernails into her arms. It usually isn't too damaging, unless she's under a particularly high amount of stress. She uses her right hand for most things, even though she is left-handed, and will sometimes fall back on the latter out of instinct. Her twin is right-handed. When she goes up or down stairs, she has a tendency to hop them, and she will sometimes jump over cracks in the asphalt or sidewalk.

Appearance

Height:

Weight:

Desc.:

Identifying Marks:

Clothing:

Powers

Classification:

Desc.:

Strengths:

Weaknesses/Limits:

PRT Countermeasures:

Trigger/Biography
[/quote]
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Gosh, I love her. So much.
I need to think of a better trigger for my guy, but glad the CS is being set up. n-n
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:50 am

Alias, Real Name
Classification: Class/Class X used for single effects that fall under different classes, Class X used for effects with standalone classes (sub: used to list classifications that are possible, but not guaranteed - from minions, creations, etc.); subset.used to denote the subset of the main class
Disposition: Hero/Villain/Rogue (X) scaling alphabetical threat level S, A-D
Last Known Location: City (Name area, direction).

Basic summary of history, powers, and contact/network

Note: Major information

More information/History

History known to the PRT

B: More information/Powers

In-depth powers

C: More information/Contact & Network

Relationships, allies, enemies, etc.

D: More information/Protocols

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:02 am

Gemini, Adelaide du Ponte
Classification: Master 5 (sub: Thinker 5, Brute 2); projection.
Disposition: Villain (C)
Last Known Location: In PRT custody.

In PRT custody since est. date of November 2005. No past criminal history before incident(s) leading to arrest. Arrested November 2005 for two counts of voluntary manslaughter with power and one count of resisting arrest. Projection appears incapable of being destroyed, only dissipated when subject is unconscious, but damage to projection is transferred to subject. Projection has a learning Thinker (Skill) classification. No known connections with other parahumans prior to arrest.

Note(s): Avoid harming unless necessary.

More information/History

History known to the PRT

B: More information/Powers

In-depth powers

C: More information/Contact & Network

Relationships, allies, enemies, etc.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:16 am

AP: hI HI!!
AP: hECARREEEEEEEEE??!!
SV: VVhat
AP: hI HI!!
AP: i HAVE!!
AP: a GAME FOR YOU!!
SV: Poppii it's the middle oV the night
SV: I VVas Vucking sleeping
AP: wHY IN GOGS NAME WOULD YOU SLEEP AT NIGHT, sILLY PANTS??!!
SV: VVe VVent oVer this already
SV: Doing it again VVould be embarrassing
AP: oH RIGHT!!
AP: yOURE WHOLE V-V-VAMPIRE THING!!
SV: *sigh*
AP: *THE SHORT TROLL SMILES AND GLOMPS ON THE SILLY BLOOD DRINKER*!!
SV: VVhat
AP: oH, cOME ON HECAREEEEEEE!!
SV: VVe're not doing this
AP: yOURE ALWAYS SO SERIOUS!!
AP: *POUTS*!!
SV: It's humiliating
AP: nO, iTS FUN!!!!
SV: I'm a proud and Venerable rainboVVdrinker
AP: aND i AM A PROUD AND ENTHUSIASTIC HIGH BLOOD!!
AP: rOAMING THE STREETS AT NIGHT FOR PREYYYYYYYYY!!
SV: You're Vucking implying I'm playing a role VVith this
AP: oH!!
AP: i MEAN, i WASNT IMPLYING. iM SORRY!!
SV: It's Vine
SV: Not eVeryone is as giVted VVith social acumen as I
AP: uH, rIGHT!!
AP: mY BAD!!
AP: sO DO YOU WANT THAT COPY??!!
SV: Vor that game thing right
SV: I mean I guess I'm pretty good at games
SV: I can see VVhy you'd VVant me to play
AP: uH, rIGHT!!
AP: eXACRTLY!!
SV: So
SV: VVhat's the game about
SV: You uh
SV: NeVer said
SV: Just kind oV babbled Vor ViVe minutes about a Vun neVV game
SV: And disappeared
SV: Does it haVe rainboVVdrinkers
AP: uH, iT WILL IF YOU'RE THERE!! iTS SUPPOSED TO BE REALLY FUN!!
SV: I guess I can VVork on my literary masterpieces later
SV: My lusus says I need to do stuVV VVith Vriends more
SV: VVell
SV: He didn't say
SV: Just hissed a Vuckton and bit my Vace
SV: But I think the intent VVas Vairly obVious
SV: So I'll play VVith you
AP: mY LUSUS USED TO DO STUFF LIKE THAT ALL THAT TIME. i REMEMBER ONE TIME WHERE SHE SLAPPED ME WITH HER PAW WITH THE CLAWS EXTENDED TO MAKE ME CLEAN MY RESPITE BLOCK!!
AP: bUT HERE, lET ME SEND THIS FILE!!
AP: aUSPICIOUSPETALS SENT FILE [SGRUB.EXE]!!
SV: Vangs
SV: I mean
SV: Thanks
SV: And uh
SV: Sorry Vor talking about my lusus
SV: I Vorgot yours bit it
SV: Is that oVVensiVe or
AP: ...WELL i WASNT THINKING ABOUT THAT UNTIL NOW!!
SV: Vuck
Poppii Dweler [AP] disconnected.
SV: Vuck me

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:35 am

what
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:14 am

The Tattered Court

A segment of Devkarin self-proclaimed "aristocracy." Though they adhere to the Golgari guildleader's rulings, to a degree, they still maintain some autonomy from the workings of both the Swarm and the Devkarins as a whole, acting on their own agenda as they see fit. While backhanded scheming is not uncommon and often even encouraged in the Swarm, The Tattered Court distinguish themselves through their early willingness to deal and interact with other guilds, even prior to the reestablishment of the Guildpact. They are cunning diplomats, rivaling even Orzhov creditors in their ability to bend the truth.

As with the Devkarin as a whole, necromancy is a common practice for members of the Court, many using it as an opportunity to prolong their own lives and the lives of those who are useful to them. Their willingness to use any means necessary has led to many resembling Teratogens, bodies half-consumed by fungal growths and moss in an effort to preserve longevity. Others turn to lichdom, indulging in dark arts intersecting the preservative spells of Golgari elite with Orzhov enchantment.

Other groups within the guild will generally either give them leeway, fearing their duplicitous and conniving nature, or attempt to kill them on sight.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:23 am

Seelie (Holy) Courts

Beltane
The Midsummer Court

Lavish, aristocratic, sociable, haughty. Balls and festivals, grand castles.

"They'll smile to your face and poison your drink."

City of Goria (From Goirias, gor, meaning warm or hospitable; Sleg, the unconquerable spear)

Imolga
The Springtide Court

Joyful, childlike, mischievous, carefree. Nature and wilderness, enchanted outdoors.

"Mostly harmless, though they can be quite the nuisance."

City of Fale (From Falias, fal, fence or palisade; Lia Fail, the stone of kings)

Unseelie (Unholy) Courts

Lunesa
The Harvest Court

Violent, dark, predatory, volatile. Hunting and shadows, tribal nature. Wodenas leads the hunt.

"They hunt for spirits 'neath the light of the sickle moon."

City of Findi (From Findias, find, white or pale; Claideb, the bloodthirsty sword)

Samwin
The Stygian Court

Dour, stoic, distant, sophisticated. Order and laws, moonlit cities.

"Tread carefully in the cold-cobble paths. Strange eyes watch."

City of Murus (From mur, wall or rampart; Coire, the bottomless cauldron)

Spear is from Lunesa, cauldron is from Beltane, sword is from Samwin works far better

Faerie Magic

Gramarye/Grammarie/Glamour/Glamur, the magic of illusions and forms, twilight liminal magic (Old Norse glamr "moon" and glamsyni "illusion")

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:51 am

Magic system

All things have a song, complexity/layers are sentience, songs define what things are

Rythmistry - The study of learning how to influence and alter the songs of things
Rythma - The academic name for songs
Rythmist (Mister) - People who have learned rythmistry

Rules:

1. Like begets like (Like things are easier to attune; break a stick to break a door, temperament influences what's easier or harder to attune with, attuned things influence each other with qualities)
2. Part seeks whole (Parts of a whole are easier to attune than parts of different wholes; it's easier to fix broken things with the original parts, this also means things have a higher level attunement for places they originated)
3. Same trumps change (Original objects are easier attuned to things made from said objects, but the original components have a stronger influence than their creation)

In summation, things are most tied to what they are, what they were, and what they might become.

Most rythmists use special tools called attunement rods (tuners) to help them better hear rythma. To use these metal tools, they must attune with them, focusing on the song of the tuner in order to better ignore it. These can add as both an anchor and a limitation - having a familiar rythma to attach to helps ground the rythmist and keep them from growing overwhelmed by their targeted song, but it also influences mentality, encouraging limited and circular "metallic" logic.

Harmonizing: Attuning two like objects to each other

Attunement: The act of influencing one rythma with another

Rythmic Feedback: When you attune with an object, you begin to take on some of the qualities of said object. On a surface level with some sort of anchor, this is safe, granted you give yourself time to rest and strengthen your own rythma. However, the deeper you delve into an object's song, the greater you risk subsuming your own being to that of your target. This is called rythmic feedback. Too much use, or to deep an attunement, can permanently alter your personality, your memories, or even your physical appearance. Humans, being complex and adaptable, have malleable rythmas. They are resilient to damage but very easy to manipulate.

Because of rythmic feedback, the more in tune you are with a type of object, the easier it is for you to be in tune with unlike objects. However, depending on your flexibility, it might prove more and more difficult for you to attune with objects greatly unlike to your chosen target. People who naturally have temperaments alike to their chosen targets will find it easier for them to attune, but will also find themselves for greatly affected by feedback from it.

Recall the primary - Like begets like!

Heed the tale of the man who spent too long listening to the song of stone! His mind grew closed, his head stubborn, and one day - to his watching horror - his very skin turned to rock!

Strong enough rythma can influence other rythma without the need for attunement. Areas where many things have died will have a general feel of "deathness" about them, and as such may be uncomfortable, sickening, or even slowly fatal.

Some individuals, true artists of the craft, have an innate talent for listening to song. They don't require a tuner to pick out songs they haven't trained to feel. Instead, they feel all songs at once, and must learn to block others out and focus on specific ones. While typical rythmists can match them in superficial talent, they are far more naturally skilled at picking out singular qualities of rythma, changing notes, and forcing songs to bend to their wills. They can take the sharpness of a knife and improve their eyesight, or take the hardness of a rock and toughen their skin, or take the swiftness of a stream and improve their step. Typical rythmists can do this too, with years of training carefully attuning to their chosen element, but they face a much higher threat of rythmic feedback. The artists are able to adapt themselves without losing their identity, given the proper training and focus, but are at a much higher risk of becoming totally lost in the songs, overwhelmed. Because of this, they are often seen as eccentric and reclusive.

Qualiancy: A specific form of rythmistry that involves picking out or changing specific qualities of rythma. This is considered the hardest and most dangerous application to master. Doing this, you can transfer only specific, abstract qualities between objects, or even change qualities of the objects themselves without needless complexity. A safe, superficial way to make a hard object soft is to find continuously softer and softer like objects in increments and harmonizing their rythma. A skilled qualiancer, on the other hand, can merely take the hard object and will it soft, at the potential expense of imposing the object's initial qualities upon themselves.

When you bash two stones together, they both chip away.

Applying individual qualities to yourself (or to others) is dangerous. Human rythma are theoretically unpredictable, in whole, so must be taken and observed in parts. The more qualities you apply, or the more time you spend with stolen qualities, the more they might alter you in unexpected ways. Attuning yourself to the object beforehand can help make the reactions more predictable (by entering a thematically consistent mindset).

Alcherythmy: The art of chemically distilling, purifying, and mixing elements to affect their innate qualities. Common fields include pharmaceutical alcherythmy (creating tinctures, essential oils, and distillations) and metallurgical alcherythmy (creating alloys and pure metals). Iron whispers, silver screams. Copper burns and platinum gleams. Gold is joyful, tin is dour. Lead will sully, bronze will scour. Metals are particularly useful in alcherythmy, and rythmistry as a whole, because they are inherently resilient, predictable, and and consistent in rythma.

Synesthetic: Someone who improperly senses the world around them. More specifically, someone who is able to detect rythma with one or more of their worldly senses instead of feeling them with intuition.

Orpheal Hymn: A supposedly unreachable "ideal concept" of a rythma that cannot be bent or waivered. It is immutable, impermeable, able to resist even the eventual whisper of death.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:48 pm

Identity, concept of self, numerology, breaking fate to make your own path