Vampires

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Maxx
Platinum

Vampires

Post by Maxx » Wed May 30, 2018 11:40 am

So, Annasiel said that if we wanted to argue about vampires, we should bring it here. So, that's what I've done. It's always fun to see what people think about the stuff I like, and to see why certain people don't like it. So, if you've got problems with vampires and want to argue, or like vampires and want to back me up, you know what to do.

I personally think vampires are awesome. Of course, modern day interpretations like that of Stephanie Meyer have made them seem ridiculous to some people, but that doesn't stop them being awesome. It's fun to come up with your own interpretations, just like what people do with thins like zombies and werewolves and magic. Who agrees, and who wants to argue?
This Is My Signature
This Is My Signature

Shinigami
Community Mod

Re: Vampires

Post by Shinigami » Wed May 30, 2018 7:31 pm

Well, I do agree with the fact that the Twilight vampires are little more than sparkly, supernatural edgelords. However, I do like the classic depiction of vampires, before they got romanticized.

But, my all-time favorite are those from the 30 Days of Night setting. A mouthful of razor sharp teeth designed for causing as much trauma and bleeding as possible. 👌
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Thu May 31, 2018 12:35 am

From my experiences, Vampires are more like a phase people go through than an actual liking to them, I’m older now and I was never really into vampires anyway since thats all it was in highschool, a fad, once I entered college, nobody was talking about vampires anymore, they were all concerned with passing examinations and working on their thesis, as you grow older, things like that don’t really matter to you as much anymore, no matter how much you claim to love something, you just start to drift away from it until you suddenly forget about it one day, and you’re no worse for wear, it’s not some radical change, it’s subtle, You never notice it, you may have developed a life outside of your obsession, or found something else you like, either way, you end up leaving it and you might one day reminisce about it, but not really go back into it.
"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu May 31, 2018 12:39 am

I've always liked vampires, no matter what phases I've been through, be it "everything is so colorfully brilliant" or "the world is so depressingly dark", so I think I still will when I grow up.
This Is My Signature
This Is My Signature

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Thu May 31, 2018 12:53 am

You hold on to that then, I only had the courage to go back to an old hobby of mine a few years ago, and frankly, I’m happy with it despite it being an expensive hobby, although I’m sidetracked these days by trying to set up my own business that I have less time for it.

Andromeda Infinity
Meaningless Title

Post by Andromeda Infinity » Thu May 31, 2018 12:59 am

Archer_Algren wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:35 am
From my experiences, Vampires are more like a phase people go through than an actual liking to them, I’m older now and I was never really into vampires anyway since thats all it was in highschool, a fad, once I entered college, nobody was talking about vampires anymore, they were all concerned with passing examinations and working on their thesis, as you grow older, things like that don’t really matter to you as much anymore, no matter how much you claim to love something, you just start to drift away from it until you suddenly forget about it one day, and you’re no worse for wear, it’s not some radical change, it’s subtle, You never notice it, you may have developed a life outside of your obsession, or found something else you like, either way, you end up leaving it and you might one day reminisce about it, but not really go back into it.
[Insert emo "IT'S NOT A PHASE MOM" kid]

On a serious note, I agree with this. If I were to say anything, it'd just be an echo of this. Further posts are required for me to say something else.
"...And from that moment on, I started loving you inconditionally."

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Thu May 31, 2018 1:13 am

If vampires are so affected by sunlight why don't they just wear full-body clothing? :thinking:
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

Morte

Post by Morte » Thu May 31, 2018 1:19 am

It seems like Vampyres are always a huge thing of fascination rthrough out the years. Look at Vlad the Impaler ffs. He’s a god.
Omnis vivens mori

Shinigami
Community Mod

Post by Shinigami » Thu May 31, 2018 2:04 am

Archer_Algren wrote:
Thu May 31, 2018 12:35 am
If that is the case, then is text-based role-playing just a phase that you or Maxx will grow out of? What you just said is quite an easy way to dismiss just about anything that someone likes. "It's just a phase."

I'm 23, and have found vampires (and most other mythological beings, for that matter) to be highly fascinating ever since I was little. I enjoy reading about them, drawing them, and I once played a vampire in an RP a few years back.

But, that being said, I also enjoy fantasy as a whole; one of the reasons I'm one of the bigger participants in Azuria. Which, for the record, has multiple vampire characters.
I am Shinigami, the local God of Death.
Da Rules

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 am

Probably, since real life is taking most of my time away from planning my RP’s these days, there might come a point where I just stop coming here entirely, I only recently came back to RP’ing thanks to a friend here, but even he’s not active much anymore, and these days I’m not even getting much RP’s anyway, so one day, I may just move on.