Punish A Muslim Day

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
TriggerHappy
Bronze

Re: Punish A Muslim Day

Post by TriggerHappy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Well considering Super shares more with Dragon Ball than with DBZ, I don't think what you said really works
404 signature not found

JamesLucrative

Post by JamesLucrative » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 pm

TriggerHappy wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:16 pm
Well considering Super shares more with Dragon Ball than with DBZ, I don't think what you said really works
Admittedly haven't seen all of Super, was just making a cheap allegory. Maybe star wars would've been better though it's not in order.

A New Hope/Christianity: This child was born of a virgin, commits miracles, he is the savior.
Judaism/The Empire Strikes back: It'll be a dark time for the Jews (however you define them), there has not yet been a revealed savior.
Return of The Jedi/Islam: Whilst they do not believe Jesus is THE savior, they do believe him to be basically a saint or great prophet.

Again, might be a flawed allegory if you take it completely literally I'm just drawing comparisons. Warhammer 40k takes a lot from religion and occultism too (I mean hell they have an inquisition and half of the imperium is controlled by the church) where actively worshiping The God Emperor is a soft heresy because belief and emotion fuels the fire of the warp which has led to the creation and expansion of chaos gods and their demons. Necrons used to exemplify well deep conspiracy shit about reptillians and the third-dimension psychic vampire crap that just hates everything that has a soul aka "warp signature" including sentient life but has degraded into we waz space kangz Egyption skeletons who argue and go crazy thinking they can outsmart older than chaos god, chaos gods. The Astartes chapters in their division have a lot of similarities to the Protestant faiths like take The Black Templars, pretty much any acceptance of psychic pheneomnoa is heresy but warp travel is impossible without them, they constantly break imperial law going above and beyond to create a legionare, (which is what The Emperor actually wanted for the space marines) and actively hate mutants which all space marines kinda are either biologically or from exposure to the warp. (Like one of my favorites: The Salamanders, who are pretty cool dudes but clearly mutants and live on planets of molten lava)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqt-IfHLgXE

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:26 am

Maybe if you stop making allegories you won't have to keep apologizing for how much they suck?