What Religion is Most Likely to be True?

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
DeathKyle

Re: What Religion is Most Likely to be True?

Post by DeathKyle » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:38 am

I believe there is no true religion solely because they are all told by man. I do not trust the word of man. There is however a creator it's just we haven't seen or come to realize what or who it is.

I have many miles to go before I sleep

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:21 pm

Church of petting dog memes

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 pm

Did you read the articles I linked? :O

BenignPandora
Meaningless Title

Post by BenignPandora » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:03 pm

DeathKyle wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:38 am
I believe there is no true religion solely because they are all told by man. I do not trust the word of man. There is however a creator it's just we haven't seen or come to realize what or who it is.

How ironic, the idea of a creator comes from man, and all of our teachings do too.

If you really didn't trust the word of man, you wouldn't believe in a God.
"Swallowed hook, line, sinker and copy of angling times." - All of you

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:22 am

ButteryPancake wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:03 pm
DeathKyle wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:38 am

How ironic, the idea of a creator comes from man, and all of our teachings do too.

If you really didn't trust the word of man, you wouldn't believe in a God.
That's a non-sequitor.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:44 pm

JamesLucrative

Post by JamesLucrative » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:42 am

I actually had a pretty strong religious experience. Went a lot of years being a fedora tipping 'theistic Satanist". Too many spoo'pies to just be atheist but too aggravated with questions no faith could or wanted to answer to believe in a good god.

When it slowly dawned on me if you actually read Christian occultism "God" isn't the god of this world...so it puts things in perspective.

Ironically i now get MORE accused of being a Satanist by evangelicals because now I'm saying things that just completely destroy their whole narrative.

Things like "God doesn't care what you do or if you believe or not. Christ's sacrifice has already relinquished you of mortal sin. Faith is acceptance of this, not some rite of passage."

"God's morality is alien to us and to understand humanity He had to be born as a man through the holy mother."

"Catholics vain attempt to humanize God through saints and the bureaucracy of salvation via the church is well meaning but inept. People will ultimately choose their own hell just as they choose in life to get cucked."

The closest I can compare it too is like knowing the law and trying to tell someone you don't have to uphold some banana court case and risk imprisonment. You were already proclaimed innocent and people are just arrogant enough to throw themselves in jail as if they're teaching YOU the lesson. Well you're a dumbass lol. But this does not signify one needs to go out of their way to convert people, baptize the living or the dead, etc. In fact you should take some solace in people establishing their own second death as God might forgive but that doesn't mean we do. We're human. We're vindictive and we have every reason to be. Why should some bastard get the salvation? But thankfully God isn't as petty as we are.