Earth is Flat

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: Earth is Flat

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:59 pm

DeathKyle wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:25 pm
I guess they should call it sea curve and not sea level then. Not sure how one measures elevation on a large-scale without some miscalculations.

I have many miles to go before I sleep
The fact it can curve and still be at a general level
The use of specialized tools
The fact the Earth isn't the size of a ping pong ball
Satellites
Topography
Gravity
Gravity
Gravity
Gravity
Gravity
Gravity
Gravity
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

DeathKyle

Earth is Flat

Post by DeathKyle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:26 pm

Fact it can curve and be level. Thats impossible lol. Do you not know what level is.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:43 pm

Level can also refer to a gradient. As in, a level in a building, or a level in a video game. Notches in an upward linear measurement, not a plane.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:35 am

On top of that, level just means it's lying straight on the ground. Just because the earth is round doesn't mean the table has to be. (Ooh, that sounds like it could be a good song lyric... I'll keep that one in mind!)
Gecko wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:32 am
You cheeky monkey

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 am

Important thing to repeat, the Earth is not the size of a ping pong ball, and the water is subject to gravity.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Post by TriggerHappy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:37 am

Kyle, you're so big on perspective, but you can't see anything from our perspective, only your own.

It's called water level because the curve of the Earth, because it's so utterly massive, big enough for 7 billion people to live on and have room for plenty more, is so gradual that you cannot see it from the surface. Like how you can't see the edges of a tv if you get really close to it. Yes, level means flat, but with a curve that's so gradual, even with a curved surface like the Earth, it's really easy to pretend it's flat, because it almost is.
404 signature not found

DeathKyle

Earth is Flat

Post by DeathKyle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:16 am

You say "our" perspective as if I have always believed the Earth to be flat. I understand both sides and perspectives completely. This thread was created for a chance so you guys can see the Flat earth perspective. I understand the explanations of a globe earth. I don't require to hear the regurgitated answers you guys look up on Google and see from textbooks I already learned about such. Simply when I ask a question about the globe model I'm enticing you to actually think about it for a moment. Not respond with answers I already know what you will say. Not to just read my responses only to respond but to honestly take a second and analyze with a critical open mind.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:25 am

You're getting angry at us for assuming you don't think about both sides of the issue and are now assuming that none of us have.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

DeathKyle

Post by DeathKyle » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 am

That comment was directed at one person, then I went to explain the reason why I made the thread and what I am seeing.

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:43 am

DeathKyle wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:16 am
You say "our" perspective as if I have always believed the Earth to be flat. I understand both sides and perspectives completely. This thread was created for a chance so you guys can see the Flat earth perspective. I understand the explanations of a globe earth. I don't require to hear the regurgitated answers you guys look up on Google and see from textbooks I already learned about such. Simply when I ask a question about the globe model I'm enticing you to actually think about it for a moment. Not respond with answers I already know what you will say. Not to just read my responses only to respond but to honestly take a second and analyze with a critical open mind.

TvT You had promised, and I am still waiting. http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=6& ... 00#p178721
Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!