Fighting In Schools?

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Kirby

Re: Fighting In Schools?

Post by Kirby » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:52 pm

I don't mind the idea, but what if you can't fight (like me) and some kid wants to beat the hell out of you, and meanwhile you're defenseless even though, if this rule was in place, the other kid is entitled to beat you up anyway? But if the other kid wasn't allowed to beat the weaker one, how would he find an outlet for his anger? He may well end up attacking the weaker kid when no one is looking and causing some serious damage.
I'm back! Now please feed me ♥

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Seems more likely to me that the first kid would look for someone else to fight, if he isn't a total douchebag. If he is, then in my experience he'll go after the kid whether these rules are in place or not.

Kirby

Post by Kirby » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:20 pm

Guess that's life for ya.

Austin

Post by Austin » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:39 pm

One this is for sure. If you can't fight you will learn how to or you will have a bad couple years
For the kingdom of God awaits me, for I am saved by the blood of christ

AeronGrey

Post by AeronGrey » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:23 pm

Or, as I suggest, you bring a shotgun to school to even up the stakes.
AeronGrey wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:47 pm
"Stop quoting me!!" -Aeron

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:45 am

In Sparta, we have something similar to this.

Punishments work here on the basic principle that everyone is affected by them. For instance, my bed isn't set up well enough, the whole school wont get their dorms unlocked after classes. With this in mind, we tend to settle our differences on the mats.

An older (often stronger) kid would have no reason to get angry with a junior because they are pretty much like slaves here, and don't have any rights. Say, you tell him to go buy you some shit on the other side if town, things will get nasty if he doesn't obey. But when it comes to actual fights, those are mostly done with people of the same class, meaning (usually) the same strength.

The only set rule is to not hit the face, so that the professors don't know you fought. Otherwise, it us full contact, no holding back, elbows, knees and such.

I've personally settled a few disputes there. One time, after the fight, my arm was so messed up I couldn't use it for three days. But I landed such a beautiful kick to the other guy's gut that he started throwing up. We are good friends today xD
Time heals? You don't stop being hungry after not eating for so long, you die.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:48 am

In the old days you settle disputes in the gym by giving the two belligerents boxing gloves and let them have at it. With hopes you whoop the bully then they get another whoopin at home for picking a fight in the first place.

As far dealing with bullies in general I'm a firm believer in standing up to them and bust their nose or give them a fat lip which usually deters from further hostilities. However for those bullies who are too stupid to get whooped then it is time to break bones. I leave it at that.
You only live once, one life at a time.

Austin

Post by Austin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:40 am

Best way to stop a bully? Mock his insecurities until he throws a punch and beat him into a bloody piece of meat
For the kingdom of God awaits me, for I am saved by the blood of christ

Kirby

Post by Kirby » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Austin wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:40 am
Best way to stop a bully? Mock his insecurities until he throws a punch and beat him into a bloody piece of meat
Austin's words of wisdom.

shadowvoidboss

Post by shadowvoidboss » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:53 am

I almost broke a bullies leg once he was bulling my friend carter and well we fought and he tried to kick me and I grabbed his leg and stomped as hard as I could on his shin
you know who will never be In the game for honor? zuko since he has none.