Fighting In Schools?

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
alarawany

Re: Fighting In Schools?

Post by alarawany » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:24 am

I think this is bad for children to fight in schools...so I don't like this
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:44 am

Why do you think it's bad? Not debating, just curious about your stance.
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 pm

COWARD!

YOU AREN'T A TRUE NORD!

But on a serious note, fighting is an innate feeling we all have. Human. Non-human. It's natural for people to have physical altercations of all walks of life. If you're not a physical fighter then don't do it. Simple.

But telling kids "you shouldn't fight" is really dumb in my opinion, especially where I grew up. If you couldn't defend yourself then you'd get your ass beat up until you retaliated. People are too soft these days, especially the ones who've never been put into the situation where they had to do some fisticuffs.

If someone be it in school or not needs to get whacked in the mouth, then sometimes it's warranted. Violence is nature. Teaching kids when they need to throw down, instead of "not throwing down at all" will be better in the long run. Otherwise you'll be seen as weak and taken advantage of.

And with that comes the consequences when you're throwing down, you've immediately consented to accepting the consequences as retaliation; just as whomever you got violent with had to accept that your violent reaction was the consequence to their action. And yes I'm aware that this leads to the "Circle-of-violence" hence why knowing when you should defend yourself and when to just walk away, is key.

Again I grew up in the hood, so how I came up and was brought up is different then some.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:50 am

Two Word: Battle Royale.

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:19 am

Words.**
Should you be lucky enough to balance the correct number of murdered babies with adequate hours of volunteer service at children's cancer hospitals, you'll end up Neutral.

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:32 am

I think all schools should have a Fortnite League.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

DaTurtle

Post by DaTurtle » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:15 pm

Inb4 "pubg is better"
I'm a 'the glass is half filled with poison' kind of guy.

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:54 am

ShaFlow wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:04 pm
COWARD!

YOU AREN'T A TRUE NORD!

But on a serious note, fighting is an innate feeling we all have. Human. Non-human. It's natural for people to have physical altercations of all walks of life. If you're not a physical fighter then don't do it. Simple.

But telling kids "you shouldn't fight" is really dumb in my opinion, especially where I grew up. If you couldn't defend yourself then you'd get your ass beat up until you retaliated. People are too soft these days, especially the ones who've never been put into the situation where they had to do some fisticuffs.

If someone be it in school or not needs to get whacked in the mouth, then sometimes it's warranted. Violence is nature. Teaching kids when they need to throw down, instead of "not throwing down at all" will be better in the long run. Otherwise you'll be seen as weak and taken advantage of.

And with that comes the consequences when you're throwing down, you've immediately consented to accepting the consequences as retaliation; just as whomever you got violent with had to accept that your violent reaction was the consequence to their action. And yes I'm aware that this leads to the "Circle-of-violence" hence why knowing when you should defend yourself and when to just walk away, is key.

Again I grew up in the hood, so how I came up and was brought up is different then some.
Dude, if you were a teacher at my school when I was like, 5, I wouldn't have had as many problems in school.
Brandon's the name. Golems are my game.