2 genders

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: 2 genders

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Oh hey look it's that one lady who is explaining probability using XX and XY chromosomes! Which is literally what I just said it was!

Golly gee, I hope no one from 2017 ever takes this 1990's educational show out of context to make a political point. Because that would be...

Oh, oh no.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 pm

So just because something was found out to be true and it aired in the 1990's apparently means it's inaccurate?

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:00 pm

I have a sincere question there is a thing call trans-speices do you believe in that? Just in case you don't know it's were a person believes there no longer a person and their an animal. There's also when people are trans-young there is a Guy in his 40's divorced his wife with kids and is living with a couple as a 7 yr old girl. What are your feelings on that as well?

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:20 pm

That wasn't the point, you seem to have selectively ignored the point.

The point is that the sketch isn't about sex or gender, it is clipped out of context to make it sound like it is, all the nice lady is doing is use sex chromosomes to teach children about 50/50 probabilities.

And what do you mean "found out to be true"? If she was actually making that claim that chromosomes dictated gender, then according to our current scientific understanding of gender she would have been wrong.

My feelings on both of those are that they are irrelevant to this conversation.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:35 pm

No they are not. People are free to identify as what they want to be right? I am a 31 yr old male if I want to identify as a female you wont bat an eye? But if I want to say I am something else other then human then I am wrong? If so who are you to say I can't feel that way? Also the 2nd part is what we are talking about it is a man wanting to be a woman right? That's fine right? But if I want to think I am younger I can't do that?

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:35 pm
No they are not. People are free to identify as what they want to be right? I am a 31 yr old male if I want to identify as a female you wont bat an eye? But if I want to say I am something else other then human then I am wrong?
First of all, you can’t compare a gender to a species. They don’t correlate at all?? Identifying a certain gender has nothing to do with a person who identifies as a wolf or a goat or whatever.

Shadow101 wrote:
Also the 2nd part is what we are talking about it is a man wanting to be a woman right?
Second of all, let me break this down for you. Being trans isn’t about someone “wanting” to be a woman or a man. It means you were always the gender you identified as. So this man that you said chose to be a woman, didn’t choose. It means she has always felt like a woman. This isn’t a choice. How hard is it for you to understand that not everything is black and white? Sex and gender identity are two very different things.
Shadow101 wrote:
But if I want to think I am younger I can't do that?
Third of all, this is not a thing. Age is not an identity. It’s not something a person can identify with. The only time I’ve ever heard someone compare gender to age is when they are using it as an insult. “Oh? You think you’re a girl? Well I think that I’m 12 and go to private school!” See how dumb it sounds.

Lastly, off of what you said about only 2 genders, I have this. You created a thread to ask other people about gender, and I supplied my opinion. I have this question here. Why does it affect you so much when someone identifies out of the binary? This is an actual question, and I want you to answer if you can. I’m honestly curious as to why people are so pissed about something that doesn’t involve them at all.

I’m 15, and I somehow can respect other people without pushing my opinions onto them. Crazy, right?
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:14 pm

That's what I was saying. Can a man in his 40's change his gender to female while changing his age? Because he honestly feels like a 7yr old girl. I am not pushing anything I am friends with people who don't think like me. I would be your friend as well as anyone Else's who doesn't think like me. That is what makes us different. All I am wondering are pepole's opinions and feelings on the matter.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Shadow, that statement is akin to those folks to argue against gay marriage by saying that we will have to allow beastiality and pedophilia if we made it legal. All you have given is argument ad absurdum.

My best guess as to why you think any of those three things are the same is you got hung up on the word "feel" -- for a majority of transsexuals when they say "feel" they mean it in the same way you might say that you "feel" sick. There is something about their body which feels physically wrong and they require medical treatment to feel correct. This isn't a a "feel" like they would want a side a fries with that, it is a physical sense of wrongness.

Those other two examples you have given are not the same.

The quick and dirty explanation of a main difference: transsexualism and the feeling of being wrong in your own skin happens because of a chemical imbalance. The chemical and hormonal makeup of the body is that of a male while the chemical and hormonal makeup of the brain is that of a female. There are exceptions, but this is a quick generalization that holds up in a good number of cases. They don't just "want" to be a woman, their very mind and body are at physical odds due to these imbalances and they need to be seek medical aid.

Someone believing they are a different animal than human, or are far younger than their physical age are not the same. As far as any research has been done into this it is caused a psychological issue if they truly believe it, or if they don't truly believe it could very well just be a fetish.

This is not the same as someone's brain being at physical odds with their body due to physiological problems.

This is why I state that what you have posited is utterly irrelevant, they have competely different causal factors.

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:44 pm

I can post more then one link were the LGBTQ community want to and a P (Not saying all members want it, but there have been talks about it.)

Reyn
BBCode Guru

Post by Reyn » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:58 pm

What... do you think the P stands for... may I ask...