2 genders

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Psycho_Jamie

Re: 2 genders

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:54 pm

As said, I don't believe such a thing is a problem of no one but the trans/queer community. I guess some realism is lacking on enough occassions, which is sad, really. If we want understanding then we should also understand the struggles society and people can have at understanding. And to change language it tended to take centuries before, there's a chance it might come along faster, just like most innovations these times. But I get what you mean, yeah

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 am

BlondieBoy wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 pm
Well the other side of that issue is that Genderqueer and/or transgender people think that other people read minds, or would start off a conversation with "Hi, my name is ___, I'm a cisgender, heterosexual male. What are you?" Always nice to get to that, but to start a conversation with somebody you've just met is so unnatural.
And the other side of that is people reacting gracelessly to being corrected on misgendering after the fact. Have seen people get very irritated about even the most polite of corrections.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Snowskeeper wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:10 am
BlondieBoy wrote:
Well the other side of that issue is that Genderqueer and/or transgender people think that other people read minds, or would start off a conversation with "Hi, my name is ___, I'm a cisgender, heterosexual male. What are you?" Always nice to get to that, but to start a conversation with somebody you've just met is so unnatural.
And the other side of that is people reacting gracelessly to being corrected on misgendering after the fact. Have seen people get very irritated about even the most polite of corrections.
That comment was a little unneeded. As I started my post, I was already responding to the other side of it, and so by typing up a response to the "other side" I might as well repost my same post because it would be to the same effect.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:52 am

BlondieBoy wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:47 pm
Snowskeeper wrote:
BlondieBoy wrote:
That comment was a little unneeded. As I started my post, I was already responding to the other side of it, and so by typing up a response to the "other side" I might as well repost my same post because it would be to the same effect.
Or, instead, you could mention another aspect of the situation.

Or you could choose not to respond at all, I guess?

You have a lot of options open to you, and only one of them involve repeating yourself.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

Aqua
Bronze

Post by Aqua » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:55 am

Snowskeeper wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:52 am
BlondieBoy wrote:
Snowskeeper wrote:

You have a lot of options open to you, and only one of them involve repeating yourself.
You've completely missed the point that your statement was unneccessary as it was a repeat of what had already been said.
Anybody can give me a compliment, but the only ones that really mean much to me are from my princess.

Jasmine
Silver

Post by Jasmine » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:00 am

BlondieBoy wrote:
You never asked for my gender though
The nipple of your dreams is actually my nipple of your nightmares.

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 am

Jasmine wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:00 am
BlondieBoy wrote:
You never asked for my gender though
You're a potato.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:22 am

BlondieBoy wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:55 am
Snowskeeper wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:52 am
BlondieBoy wrote:

You've completely missed the point that your statement was unneccessary as it was a repeat of what had already been said.
It wasn't, though.

Reginald_Bradley

Post by Reginald_Bradley » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:33 pm

Boys, boys, let's keep this civil, shall we?

The Alt-Rick

Post by The Alt-Rick » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:33 am

My group of irl friends are kinda anti-trans. I don't wanna say transphobic given the loaded Tumblr connotation... but they are anti-trans politics. It didn't help I only got with one to get revenge on a radfem ex. But it did bring up interesting points neither my ex nor my "current" gf of the time refused to acknowledge.

What about one's own needs? Look, I'm kinda selfish lol. I don't often think about what other people would prefer to be called, or how they feel, I don't care. Why should I? I mean sure I'll humor them if I like them, if they like me, etc... but it all sounds really dumb to me.

I like feminine features. If a male can emulate those feminine features and turn me on sexually, hey cool. If they're compatible personality wise all the better. I don't want kids anyway, so this works out great. That was actually something my own mother pointed out that for all intents and purposes, a trans would probably be better for me. No preassure of marriage, of family, etc.

But millenial liberalism is not 90s liberalism. It's not good enough of an answer to say that the acceptance of trans gives lots of people opportunities for love, to express themselves how they wish, and live their life feminine or masculine comfortable in those roles. They want others to acknowledge it externally. That's a losing battle. No one is respected or loved as much as they need or deserved to be. In fact when my trans ex did accuse me of soft transphobia I meme'd her.
Can't be a bigoted against something you're having sex with..

This generation is just so strange. Like seeing Eminem slam Trump when Eminem is everything I imagine as the average alt-right troll, meanwhile Marilyn Manson is considered alt-lite. Alt-Right really is just 90s liberalism with an identity crisis where fedora atheism just isn't trendy anymore.