2 genders

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: 2 genders

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:18 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:59 pm
On more then one job application it says sex or gender. Hell sometimes I've seen Gender/Sex.
Congratulations you saw a form conflating terms and using them incorrectly. This doesn't mean that the two words are synonymous, just that people use them incorrectly. You have yet to deal with the words in their scientific context, which is how I am using them, because that context completely changes what we are talking about.

Lets do one argument at a time All I am saying is that they be made to wait until there 18. At what age can I get plastic surgery without a parental consent? The legal age in the United States is 18 as to which a patient can give permission for surgery without parental consent. In general we only operate on patients 18 years and older for elective surgical procedures. Now I know why that is. Do you?
Because until the child has reached the age of 18 or 16 depending on the state, those sorts of decisions, like all other medical decisions are left up to the parent to decide? Is that the reason you are looking for? You do know that if they went under the knife for gender reassignment surgery it would be with the parent's consent right?

And I am not certain what your overall point even is, because as I have said several times now they wait to conduct the surgery until the child has reached that state's age of consent. This is like the third time you have made me type that, and I'm getting tired of having to repeat it.

Now, let's take this back to your original point that there are only two genders, so I will repeat something I posted before.

OX, XX, XY, XXX, XXY, XYY, XXXY are all the viable chromosome combinations which dictate the sex of the child. All of these lead to different physical characteristics than the base XX or XY.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:28 pm

Correct what I am saying is it shouldn't be allowed even with parental consent. Because believe it or not there are some parents that want there 6 yr old to change genders because he puts on a dress. He changes genders now She is 13 her mind is a little bit more developed and now wishes that she didn't that in the first place. But because the parents wanted the change so badly they didn't see the long term affects that it might have. That's all I am saying on that matter. So we need to have 63 different bathrooms? I mean every individual deserves there own privacy right?

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:07 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:28 pm
Correct what I am saying is it shouldn't be allowed even with parental consent. Because believe it or not there are some parents that want there 6 yr old to change genders because he puts on a dress. He changes genders now She is 13 her mind is a little bit more developed and now wishes that she didn't that in the first place. But because the parents wanted the change so badly they didn't see the long term affects that it might have. That's all I am saying on that matter.
My disagreement is less that they shouldn't preform surgeries, because they don't, more that it doesn't seem to be the parents pushing for the surgery to start with. But that's a different matter. If you don't want them preforming surgeries at that age, good, they aren't doing them anyway.
So we need to have 63 different bathrooms? I mean every individual deserves there own privacy right?
What does this have to do with anything?
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:46 pm

There is only one gender... the human gender... :)

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:13 pm

Eyyyy

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:34 pm

I'm trash...

what does that make me

Has my whole life been a l i e?!
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:27 am

Personally I think gender is a spectrum, and it’s not our business to judge others for how they identify. And no, you don’t need 63 different bathrooms.

Gender neutral bathrooms are a thing. It’s almost as if it doesn’t matter if you have a dick or not!! People just want to pee, man.

It’s about respecting the people’s right to express their identity.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:10 pm

Just because you can think your a lamp doesn't mean you are one. It is a sickness am I saying if your a over the age of 18 and your a man who wants to be a woman or a woman that wants to be a man are you sick not necessarily. But once you start going outside the box that's were I have issues. There has been two genders as far as I can remember. Hell theres a ton of Bill nye the science guy clips saying that fact. But now since he is a die hard Democrat he has changed his stance on the matter.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:40 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:10 pm
Hell theres a ton of Bill nye the science guy clips saying that fact. But now since he is a die hard Democrat he has changed his stance on the matter.
Only if you take those clips out of context and ignore that they weren't about gender but were instead attempting to teach probablility to children, then sure!

Also, it should be noted that even if Bill had changed his stance on the matter, which I doubt he has but that's irrelevant, he would have done so to conform to our current scientific understanding of human gender identity. So, less because of being a democrat and more so caring about what science says on the matter.

Oh hey look Snopes also debunked this one, nifty

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:52 pm