2 genders

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Jasmine
Silver

Re: 2 genders

Post by Jasmine » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 am

I'm just saying, I believe that there are two genders
The nipple of your dreams is actually my nipple of your nightmares.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:38 am

Sunt tria genera.
Doki-Doki Channel
BLACKOUT
~
Forum FAQ
~
"To bear the brunt of blizzard's kiss and snare the wind to fingertips."

ShaFlow
Bronze

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:46 am

Jasmine wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:08 am
I'm just saying, I believe that there are two genders
"Yeah I might be a pebble...but I'll be the pebble...that shatters a diamond!"

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:21 pm

I still don't get it. You have to understand to the average person how crazy that sounds right? That you don't Identify with any gender or multiple genders at once.

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:07 pm

Apparently we do though. You ever felt something just didn't sit right? For me it was like, yeah, I'm not your average girly girl. But then I noticed that I'm even different from those who also weren't girly. But... I wasn't like a boy either, I liked some stuff they liked, but the way I acted and saw things was still different. Two or three years ago I would have had just as little understanding for it as you have. It was just one day I decided not to judge and that was when I started to understand why having no prejudices is important. Building up on that I found friends who introduced me to all of that. Back then they called themselves Conny and Jessica. They liked girls. See, even they, who already knew so much learned even more. About themselves. Nowadays I know them as Cas and Julian. Cas is non-binary and has a loving, transgender boyfriend, he's poly for all I know. Julian is transgender and likes much more than just girls.
Look, Shadow101, the average cisgender, heterosexual person isn't the only one confused af. Most in our community are confused too, or have been. About what "was wrong and off with them". The thing is just that someday they came across a term that seemed to scream "This is me!" and they weren't confused anymore.
I am happy for you that you feel comfortable with the way you see yourself and the world sees you, because I know how much it sucks if that's not the case

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:16 pm

Apparently we do though. You ever felt something just didn't sit right? For me it was like, yeah, I'm not your average girly girl. But then I noticed that I'm even different from those who also weren't girly. But... I wasn't like a boy either, I liked some stuff they liked, but the way I acted and saw things was still different.
Like a tom boy?

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:51 pm

...I considered that. Maybe that's a phrase people use. But differently. Not a girl, neither girly nor a tomboy. See, I'm no a girl at all. But I'm also not a boy. When it comes to my mind, my psychlogical gender, I'm neither

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:53 pm

I'm just gonna drop this here. I'm a part of the Spectrum, but I think we're hitting a point with the genders that's not necessarily good but is counter intuitive. It's always good that people are happy, but its making society much more difficult and just a little more fractured. My example is about a week ago I had just met ter for the first time and I said, "Hey what's up man?" And tey got pretty upset because I had used the term man. Their sex was Male, but their gender was something or another, and it led to the rest of the conversation being an apology and me going my own way. I was respectful and called them their pronouns, but I think its just getting a little absurd that meeting somebody for the first time, you can't use a word in simple conversation. Everything is becoming too sensitive for its own good.
Gay Owl Ship

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:19 pm

I suppose you're right, yeah. People tend to interpret too much into words, though words create facts for society. Especially words like "man", "dude" or the other way, "girl". People use it like pal, mate or buddy, it shouldn't be a big deal. Though that's not just happening among the lgbtq+ community, my ethics teacher likes to pull little pranks on us to make clear how important what he teaches us is. And I've never seen students riot like that.
I'm not offended if people call me a.... The german word would be "fighting lesbian" or a tomboy. Though I tend to be mad at them using lesbian as an insult.
But even if using a simple phrase like that is totally normal and okay it surely doesn't hurt to ask which pronouns to use or if they hurt them with what they've said. Especially if they talk to each other more often
I think the problem here is just that some people refuse to understand or just don't understand genderqueer and/or transgender people. Or accept them

BlondieBoy
Bronze

Post by BlondieBoy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:32 pm

Well the other side of that issue is that Genderqueer and/or transgender people think that other people read minds, or would start off a conversation with "Hi, my name is ___, I'm a cisgender, heterosexual male. What are you?" Always nice to get to that, but to start a conversation with somebody you've just met is so unnatural.
Gay Owl Ship