Black & White

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
AeronGrey
Bronze

Black & White

Post by AeronGrey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:34 pm

A state of emergency has been declared in Charlottesville, Virginia today as the city erupts into racial violence between KKK & alt-right activists who were protesting the name change of a park and the the counter activists who showed up to protest them. In a world where racial tensions have only increased more and more, what are your thoughts on the possible causes of this issue and have you any potential solutions?

Keep in mind, while swearing is permitted as long as it doesn't get out of hand, keep respectful towards the person you are debating and attack the opinion, not the person. Racial slurs are strictly prohibited and Pav will ban your ass for use of the N-word. It is the only thing he has a zero tolerance for. You have been warned.

Snowskeeper

Re: Black & White

Post by Snowskeeper » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:50 pm

Causes are lack of education, Ivory Tower sickness and the Us vs. Them mentality. Solutions include increasing funding to education, attempting to promote exposure and diversity in the short term at the very least, and generally working to establish that humanity is, overall, very similar.

Would also be nice if certain individuals didn't pretend that both sides were equally bad.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:59 pm

Both sides are retarded
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:03 am

"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides." - Donald J. Trump

Fallen Angel

Post by Fallen Angel » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:30 am

Trump did also say that there are some good guys in the group of alt right and KKK member's.

My thoughts are that we should have mowed them down while we had the chance. Ya know hit em with that .50 Cal and make them shut up.

But in all honesty I'm surprised that the alt right/KKK/neo Nazis are allowing a gay man to be one of their leaders lol. Since ya know they hate gays
This is a signature.

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:06 am

Who is their gay leader?

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:10 am

This is one of those "very fine people" Trump was talking about. This guy says he was only "barely" a white supremacist and only was hanging out with the KKK because "it was fun!"

https://youtu.be/gnXBeQwmmrc

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:00 am

Both sides are dumb
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:47 am

Just a slight digression. I am not from America, as some might know, and as a Slav, i have trouble understanding this. In my country, when someone tells you that you are a retarded asshole or the like, it is socially acceptable to physically retort, or answer back, in a same or worse manner. But... what's with the "N" word? I see that a lot of black people use it when addressing each other, and that then it isn't considered an insult? But if say, someone else were to use it, then it would be an 'ermarhgawd' class insult. Here, we don't have something that could compare with that. The most serious insult one could deliver here, is to insult a female member of your family, in which case, you would be obliged to engage in physical combat and deliver at least mild bodily harm. That is the reason that we don't offer each other insults on a platter. If it's so serious, don't use it yourself? That makes sense to me at least...
It's just the cat

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:29 pm

I agree with you 100% Snake...