illegal immigration

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Re: illegal immigration

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Or worse...Koalas
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

InquisitorRothus
Bronze

Post by InquisitorRothus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Shaflow's correct. The Koalas have acquired a taste for meat nowadays.
You will learn about our loving and forgiving God or you will DIE!

Snake Eyes

Post by Snake Eyes » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:33 am

Well, Serbia is currently getting a fuck-ton of immigrants from the Middle East. Since they aren't employed, and their destinations are countries up north, all they could possible do is either nothing, or do harm. However, Hungary and Fagatia set up perimeters and walls across their borders, which ments that they will have to prolong their sat here.

While i was in the capital, the team i led from the red cross and i spent about four to five hours working to help them out, either by translating with those of them that knew English, or providing rations and the like. They do appear like decent people who just happened to be on the wrong continent, however there were some incidents, including when a group of them tried to rape a little girl. However, we Serbed them up, and most others now know that it is better to make do with what we provide, than to experience first hand "justice" from the populace. Why am i saying this? Well, maybe i just fail to see the bigger picture here, but it appears to me that our glorious leader is dong this out of kindness. I can not see what our country gains from these immigrants. We build homes for them, provide with what they need, and today, i heard that about ten hundred of their children are about to be integrated into our school system.

I mean sure, some here exploit their misfortune and charge an indecent sum of money for rent and other things, but does that not go to private pockets? The state, again, benefits nothing from it.
It's just the cat

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:46 pm

I don't care what color you are or what religion you are come here legally. If you are mad at that statement you are part of the problem.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:46 pm
I don't care what color you are or what religion you are come here legally. If you are mad at that statement you are part of the problem.
I think the sky is purple. If you are mad at that statement you are part of the problem.

Whoops; turns out attaching "if you are mad at that statement you are part of the problem" isn't an argument.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm

except the sky isn't purple :/ And wanting my country to hold up it's laws isn't wrong ether.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm
except the sky isn't purple :/ And wanting my country to hold up it's laws isn't wrong ether.
Snowskeeper wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:56 pm
Whoops; turns out attaching "if you are mad at that statement you are part of the problem" isn't an argument.
My point is that you're dramatically oversimplifying the issue. If the problem could be boiled down to "everyone who crosses the border illegally is bad and must be sent back," this issue would not be so controversial. It follows, then, that there must be other factors in play.
The human body is a true carnival of horrors, and, frankly, I'm embarrassed to have one.

"Almost all discipline problems can be traced back directly to being conscious.”

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:35 pm

United States of America is a country of laws is it not? We already have laws in place. Look up the immigration laws of Mexico if you're caught there illegally you are jailed and deported or immediately deported. You're not allowed welfare or any type of government assistance. All I'm saying is come here the right way. I don't see what's so wrong with that. There are tons of immigrants who came here legally through the right procedures that are pissed off because people can just beat the system go around it and not have to do what they're supposed to do. How is that fair to them that they're doing all that hard work it pays off and then someone else can just illegally stay here?

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:40 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:35 pm

United States of America is a country of laws is it not? We already have laws in place. Look up the immigration laws of Mexico if you're caught there illegally you are jailed and deported or immediately deported. You're not allowed welfare or any type of government assistance. All I'm saying is come here the right way. I don't see what's so wrong with that. There are tons of immigrants who came here legally through the right procedures that are pissed off because people can just beat the system go around it and not have to do what they're supposed to do. How is that fair to them that they're doing all that hard work it pays off and then someone else can just illegally stay here?
I don't care about Mexicos laws. They don't matter in this discussion in the slightest. There could be a country out there that has a law saying "all illegal immigrants must sing Hallelujah every day" and it would be just as relevant as Mexicao's immigration laws. Hell, all you have shown me is that Mexico has some stupid laws that I would hate to see implemented here because of how heartless they are. This isn't a good argument.

Now, why do most people cross the border illegally? Because of a lack of opportunity and how hard it can be to get into the USA and become a resident or get a worker's visa to begin with. We could also try to implement a system to help these people become actual residents.

And what about the children who came here at an extremely early age and the United States is the only home they know. They are essentially US citizens in every way but legal status.

"Round them up and kick them out" is an extremely stupid way to go about this.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Shadow101

Post by Shadow101 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:16 pm

Them breaking the law because it's hard to live there doesn't make it right. If I went to Walmart and shoplifted and all I stole was baby food and my family has it eaten should I still be charged? Yes you broke the law. We don't even need new laws just uphold the ones that are all ready in place.