Where, oh where?

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Stitches

Re: Where, oh where?

Post by Stitches » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:40 pm

Maybe you were a pompous ass to them. I mean, we don't take kindly to people looking down on us because they have this idea that everyone else is slowly getting dumber.

Then again, we're also rude and exercise the right to be so frequently.

It really depends on the person. I'm a mixture of both.

Of course, maybe you're just somewhere like the ghettos. They just don't like people at all. Much less people trying far too hard to be interesting and intelligent.
You know, you remind me of a different user. His name was Model X.
"I'm so disappointed in you." Annasiel 2017

Erik Black

Post by Erik Black » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Some could view it like that, though I tend to stray from those haughty attitudes. I quite like the idea of equality, despite the many misconceptions it's gained since what a few have referred to as "Feminazis" surfaced. I almost never get angry, or swear unless it's a part of a persona, such as Erik.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the name, subsequently the person.
It could seem like I'm looking down on many groups of people, but I tend to view most as equal. No man is higher than the last, no lower than the next, or woman. Until we reach criminals, that is.
"Where's the grin you just wore? Did I break it from your lips?"

Stitches

Post by Stitches » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Stray away from them, do ya? Lol, you sure do a great job at that. You sure have some conflicting views, man. How do you go from "the new generations are dumber because technology" to "everyone is an equal"?

Also, he's a user I haven't seen on for a while. Arrogant, rude, and flat out disrespectful. You sound like him when he first joined.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:46 pm

Erik Black wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:49 pm
Some could view it like that, though I tend to stray from those haughty attitudes.
You need to reread some of your posts.
Archon wrote:you are a lich, which is basically a nerd who sacrifices his humanity to read books

Erik Black

Post by Erik Black » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:03 pm

My manner of speech is more the problem. Not quite the most organized person, as you can tell. Still young, still learning more to this day. I will see if I can be a little more straightforward, if that helps for clarity

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:21 pm

It's not your clarity or your straightforwardness. It's your manner of speaking about people. The dismissive way in which you categorize and judge. Based, apparently, on your ability to analyze their answers to a single question.

That is why you appear haughty, to me.
Archon wrote:you are a lich, which is basically a nerd who sacrifices his humanity to read books

Erik Black

Post by Erik Black » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 pm

The single question tells a lot about how someone thinks by how they answer. I categorize and judge to be proven wrong, by an answer, and if I'm not, I still learn more.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Erik Black wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:27 pm
The single question tells a lot about how someone thinks by how they answer. I categorize and judge to be proven wrong, by an answer, and if I'm not, I still learn more.
No, it doesn't. At best, it tells you something about that individual's state of mind at the moment you asked it. That is assuming you're capable of interpreting them correctly to begin with. I notice you've refrained from posting your interpretations of the answers you've received thus far here.

There are reasons that single-question studies are generally not considered sound. And it has nothing to do with the analytical abilities of the people conducting them.

Stitches

Post by Stitches » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:58 pm

I like how he didn't actually address mine or Myrn's answer. Obviously he didn't like our answers. Which is funny, considering mine and Ser's are both based on emotional distance. But then, I find that romantic partners have similar thought processes after time.

Oh look, now I'm throwing wild assumptions around too!

Balgair Arregaithel

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Annasiel has quite an answer. Hard to top that, tbh. But, my focus is more on the fact that this went from a pretty dope question, to...Whatever the hell. Don't need to write like that all the time, man. Cut it loose, dick around. It's relieving, actually, to write casually OOC.

That said, I'd be hard pressed to pick an answer, there's a lot to go with. Could go on about a philosophical answer, but, I'm mostly trying not to laugh because of some of these responses to this dude's ranting.

Sure, you got class, but it doesn't hurt to be a lazy shit, y'know? Sorry if there's excessive language, here.
"A pitiful cry of the damned. Chèr...What do you think?"
~Writings of Darcy Witchmist