Homosexuality

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Snowskeeper

Re: Homosexuality

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:30 pm

Nathanswift2 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:01 pm
Why does this thread even exist? Homosexuality is an illogical, frivolous pursuit of man's baser urgings. Though it is outright ignorant to claim it immoral by any religious doctrine, as there is no definitive evidence in favor of the moralist doctrines they espouse, it can be taken as a failure of humanity's evolutionary path. Homosexuals are not immoral, no, but they are mentally ill in a hereditarily genetic sense. After all, what use is a human who is unable or unwilling to pass on their genetic code through progeny?
This has already been discussed, within this thread.

viewtopic.php?p=99157#p99157

I responded to this premise in this post. Annasiel also responded, two posts below it.
Archon wrote:you are a lich, which is basically a nerd who sacrifices his humanity to read books

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 pm

Snowskeeper wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:55 am
Should straight people who are unable to produce children be executed, so that they don't take resources away from people who can? Should they be enslaved? Should they be, at the least, kept from involving themselves with partners who can produce children?

Should we start opening facilities dedicated entirely to baby-making? Should individuals be forced to work in these facilities, churning out an endless number of babies, to increase the efficiency of humanity's reproductive drive?

Should world governments begin analyzing the genetic profiles of the population to ensure only the best babies are created?
I agree with all of these proposals. Moralism is a halter on the growth potential humanity could achieve. Is propriety truly a good foundation to base human evolution? No. It's a chain of tradition that holds us to our past failures.
I seek Truth above all means.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Nathanswift2 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:34 pm
Snowskeeper wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:55 am
Should straight people who are unable to produce children be executed, so that they don't take resources away from people who can? Should they be enslaved? Should they be, at the least, kept from involving themselves with partners who can produce children?

Should we start opening facilities dedicated entirely to baby-making? Should individuals be forced to work in these facilities, churning out an endless number of babies, to increase the efficiency of humanity's reproductive drive?

Should world governments begin analyzing the genetic profiles of the population to ensure only the best babies are created?
I agree with all of these proposals. Moralism is a halter on the growth potential humanity could achieve. Is propriety truly a good foundation to base human evolution? No. It's a chain of tradition that holds us to our past failures.
Properity isn't a good foundation, no, but, y'know, I happen to like people, and would prefer to not enslave or murder them.
Archon wrote:you are a lich, which is basically a nerd who sacrifices his humanity to read books

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Then you are a part of the problem that plagues modern society. We cannot allow niceties to influence our pursuit of the greater good.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:42 pm

Nathanswift2 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:41 pm
Then you are a part of the problem that plagues modern society. We cannot allow niceties to influence our pursuit of the greater good.
I need you to know that I'm laughing like crazy, right now. If this is an attempt at trolling, then great work; if you're attempting to sound rational, though, you might want to work on your rhetorical skills.

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:44 pm

I am often accused of trolling. I believe the common man is just unable to handle the truth, and prefers to see me as jester over prophet.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:47 pm

I'd love to know the winning lottery numbers.
“It’s not the size of your brain that matters, it’s whether or not you can set things on fire with it” ~ A wise philosopher

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:48 pm

Nathanswift2 wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:44 pm
I am often accused of trolling. I believe the common man is just unable to handle the truth, and prefers to see me as jester over prophet.
I think it's also quite possible that you really are a jester, and you just haven't realized it yet.

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Sometimes, the jester knows more than the sages.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 pm

And at others he does not.
Also, there's more than one type of knowledge. There are many fields one can experience in and potentially master.
“It’s not the size of your brain that matters, it’s whether or not you can set things on fire with it” ~ A wise philosopher