Homosexuality

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
Octavia
Silver

Re: Homosexuality

Post by Octavia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 pm

Nathanswift2 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:31 am
You are adding just as much to this discourse as gays do to the gene pool.
Who’s going to tell him??

Gay people can have children wow crazy right?? It’s crazy that there’s a thing for women called being artificially inseminated and for men there’s a thing called a surrogate that you donate your sperm to!

Wow it’s almost as if?? Gay people still contribute to the gene pool!! Mind blown, check mate Natey.

Plus, some people (even straight people gasp) don’t want children. Are they horrible for not adding to the gene pool?
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm straight but I don't want kids. Might become a girl to ensure that HMMMMMMM....

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:52 pm

Octavia_Greyye wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 pm
Who’s going to tell him??

Gay people can have children wow crazy right?? It’s crazy that there’s a thing for women called being artificially inseminated and for men there’s a thing called a surrogate that you donate your sperm to!

Wow it’s almost as if?? Gay people still contribute to the gene pool!! Mind blown, check mate Natey.

Plus, some people (even straight people gasp) don’t want children. Are they horrible for not adding to the gene pool?
Circumnavigation of a biological deficit. Homosexuals using medical procedures to aid in reproduction is like a child born without legs using prosthetics.

And, yes, they are. Reproduction is the sole purpose of life. If I had my way, the taboo towards sexual encounters would be abolished, and intercourse would become as commonplace as handshakes.
I seek Truth above all means.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 pm

Reproduction is the sole purpose of humanity?

Even if preserving genetic code was our "purpose," having sex isn't the only factor in that. What about the people who improve our quality of life? What about people who help take care of children, teach them, and prepare them for adulthood? If everyone in the world focused solely on having sex, I'd venture that our population growth (and survival of gene material) would go down. Sex isn't the only thing that ensures the survival of a race, and it most certainly isn't the only benefit people can bring to the table.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Nathanswift2

Post by Nathanswift2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Fair, though the lack of the ability to reproduce would greatly diminish the passage of such skills, decreasing the value of those members greatly despite.
I seek Truth above all means.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:04 pm

How do you determine their worth? That's qualia, not quantia, and if utilitarianism can teach us anything, hedonic calculus doesn't really work. Different people have different ideas of worth.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:05 pm

Nathanswift2 wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:01 pm
Fair, though the lack of the ability to reproduce would greatly diminish the passage of such skills, decreasing the value of those members greatly despite.
Being gay does not stop people from reproducing by currently available means, nor does it stop them just having sex with the opposite gender if they really want a kid. It's a marker of attraction, of what they instinctively find pleasing. And I don't see how it would in any way effect our ability to pass down skills which are valuable to the species as a whole. We have books, we store information so they can be viewed and used later. Physical attraction has no influence on ones ability to write things down.

Hell, even if we didn't have books, it would also have no impact on their ability to show someone else who is younger that particular skill to ensure the next generation has access to it. Language exists for a reason.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

The Alt-Rick

Post by The Alt-Rick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:08 am

Only lesbianism should be illegal. It's basic economics, I just saved the economy. No need to thank me... I could do it in my sleep.

But I wouldn't be sleeping because I'd be too busy rolling in a bed of women because I made lesbianism illegal. THAT'S WHY I'M THE SMART ONE.

>Someone will get mad like "this is SERIOUS discussion" not realizing I'm half-joking. Meta sarcasm is an untapped resource.
>I kinda wish I was gay, my love life would probably be easier... I feel bad when homosexual dudes follow me around like a lost puppy because I'm just very open and they interpret that eccentrism as homosexuality or perhaps the dating sites I go on are just too stupid to stick to when I say heterosexual keep it friggin women.

>Now that I think about it nearly all of my friends are either bisexual or aces.
>It is unfortunate all the things people just assume about duh gay be it positive or negative like "gay men prance around and like modeling" or on the same token if they lift weights and act too macho "oh he's overcompensating". It's almost as if it's all just an elaborate excuse to conform people to some stupid norm and make them feel bad just for existing and they make this five layer dip of homophobia, gender based oppression, and shaming when in reality they're just that desperate to trap people in a tiny bubble of never asking for or expecting anything. We should all just die alone but can't cry OR get mad about it but just sorta nod and fake smile while the clock ticks.

>Why so serious?

The Alt-Rick

Post by The Alt-Rick » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:15 am

ShaFlow wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:33 pm
I'm straight but I don't want kids. Might become a girl to ensure that HMMMMMMM....
I would actively encourage this. Especially if you look like your avatar.

You're not alone man I don't want kids either. And I don't hate kids, I love kids and they love me. I just know I'm not responsible and I don't want that pressure of having to argue with a spouse about if my methods are going to screw him or her up anymore than life will, having to have even bigger arguments with the schoolboard that love to flatten a child's creativity and individuality but is gonna tell me I'm a bad parent because I said throw your poop at a bully and cigarettes and peanutbutter sandwhiches are a balanced breakfast.

I stopped tip toeing around that years ago and basically just tell girls upfront look, we're never getting married. I won't cheat on you, or throw you down stairs, (probably...) but the end goal is we just sorta love eachother and live in a van.

Swag Cat

Post by Swag Cat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:29 am

Replies are getting better.