Climate Change

Keep things civil, people, or else we'll put you in time-out.
UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: Climate Change

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:11 pm

Apophis wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:03 pm
War Mango wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:56 pm
Good to see favoritism exists here
[...] would have been deleted, probably along with this thread, a long time ago.
God I wish.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:21 am

It would've been nice to see this thread debating the possible solutions to climate change or really anything else about it rather than 'iTs nOt rEal' and 'something-something-Al-Gore-said'. People disappoint me by their ability to single-handedly ruin shit with their single-mindedness.
Where's our sacrifice?
Oh, get off the cross, we need the wood.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:32 pm

There is only suffering here
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:36 pm

Clearly, lmao. I guess that should just be it's own thread. Don't really feel like putting in that kind of work tbh
Where's our sacrifice?

Rook_Cahill
Location: the Universe, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Outer Arm, Solar System, Earth, USA.

Post by Rook_Cahill » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:53 am

"there was a man in gilead, a man with yellow eyes. to me he said 'Beware the whispers,for they whisper lies.'" and then I stabbed him. then my freind stabbed him too. and then I realised I was dreaming, and everyone turned furry, and everything cascaded into chaos.

Shadow101
Bronze

Post by Shadow101 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:02 pm

My only thing is the hypocrisy off it all. As I said the same people who scream for Climate Change have multiple cars, private planes, boats etc.

Now lets take that out of the picture. Where I live in the USA we are a small drop in the bucket when is comes to Carbon Emissions. Why don't we go after the big fish. When Covid happened and the plants and factories shut down was the first time in years you could actually see in-front of you in China. Look up at the sky etc.
Last edited by Shadow101 on Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShadFlow » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:23 am

Shadow101 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:02 pm
My only thing is the hypocrisy off it all. As I said the same people who scream for Climate Change have multiple cars, private planes, boats etc.

Now lets take that out of the picture. Where I live in the USA we are a small drop in the bucket when is comes to Carbon Emissions. Why don't we go after the big fish. When Covid happened and the plants and factories shut down was the first time in years you could actually see in-front of you. Look up at the sky etc.
Going after the big fish would mean going after the an entire industry which requires certain policies to be in place. But these industries are protected by right leaning policies that are at least a decade old, the root of the problem happens to be a corrupt politics in the end. There ARE solutions, Solar and Wind Power are but a few options of many possibilities.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:25 am

Not quite sure how being the second highest contributor of carbon emissions means our yearly contribution is a “drop in the bucket” but hey, why care about data.

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:47 pm

Shadow101 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:02 pm
Have you ever thought about the fact that maybe, just maybe, the rich in our country have a bigger voice (hence your huge deal about the hypocrisy)? You can complain all you want about the hypocrisy, but at the end of the day, it's still going to be there. Science doesn't care whether or not you believe in it.
Where's our sacrifice?

Shadow101
Bronze

Post by Shadow101 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:15 pm

we are responsible for 16% that is not a huge number.