D&Dummies

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Atreus

D&Dummies

Post by Atreus » Wed May 30, 2018 3:47 pm

so i know for sure that my time playing D&D we have had some hilarious moments. so i figured i would throw this up and see what some other people have for D&D tales and moments during D&D.

so i was in this one game with a bunch of friends, we were in a dungeon the DM called the Entrance to Valhalla. our party traversed the dungeon with relative ease. avoiding traps and defeating enemies along the way. everything was going fine until we faced our greatest enemy of the dungeon... the Door to enter Valhalla at the end of the dungeon. this 15 foot by 8 foot doorway was made of a brass frame with a type of wood our party have never seen before. our party all tried to open the door on our own but the door wouldn't budge. so our goliath fighter suggested we use him as a battering ram. with the parties combined strength we lifted the goliath and slammed him into the door mulitple times... and he went thunk... as he dropped to 0 hit points. our cleric healed and woke up the goliath with relative ease. when the cleric stepped back to admire her work there was a click as the massive door opened. it was that moment where we realized the cleric accidentally stepped on the floor trigger to open the door. we sat there for a good 10 minutes staring at the cleric with this shocked glance. shaking it off we set off again always watching our step for any hidden triggers again....

at the time this was a homebrew a friend of mine made called fall of Valhalla.
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

Wolfrider
Bronze

Re: D&Dummies

Post by Wolfrider » Wed May 30, 2018 10:13 pm

The first time I played I was playing a random character a friend had made because they didn’t plan of having other people play. I ended up being a dwarf or gnome, can’t remember for sure. Just knew I was small. We ended up getting attacked by werewolves. My character got scratched. After the fight I was told to roll to see if I’m able to fight off the infection. Well I didn’t my character ends up getting ther werewolf disease. I tiny werewolf.

In the second game I played with a character I created. A elf rouges chaotic neutral. I played as greedy character all about money. So we we’re fighting the boss of the first dungeon my greedy ass senses a magic door so I open it causing the boss to transform into a stronger form. Who targeted just me. Thanks to the party I survived. When it came to rewards I roll near perfect on percentage rolls and got a kickass weapon with 3 abilities. A few game session later and another dungeon that smells of sulfur. I decided to thrown my new weapon, that explodes on contact into the dungeon almost killing the whole party. It was fun.

Wish I had friends and time to still play.

Atreus

Post by Atreus » Thu May 31, 2018 3:13 pm

yeah i am making D&D groups on discord to combat bordem on certain days
"The Allfather's favor is a fickle thing. Impress Him with your audacity, and He will see you through to victory. But let audacity grow into overconfidence, and He will deliver you into your enemies." - Stigandr

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Thu May 31, 2018 4:44 pm

Critical one on pullout game....
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

Jhibus

Post by Jhibus » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:06 am

My friend hit a crit one on a spear throw and stuck himself in the foot with the spear, depleting his 1/10 hp to nothing.

GG
My mum only lets me drink coffee if it's decaffeinated.

AeronGrey
Bronze

Post by AeronGrey » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:43 am

My current character is a lvl 8 Centaur Druid of the Circle of the Moon, which basically means his main function is transforming himself into fun and interesting beasts. Some of his favorites are Giant Eagle, Polar Bear, Flying Monkey and last session when the party came across a halfling village he turned himself into a Almiraj so he wouldn't step on anyone. For those who don't know, it looks like this:
Almiraj.png
Almiraj.png (407.15 KiB) Viewed 86 times