Venting Thread - Now with 9000 BTU/hr

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Re: Venting Thread - Now with 9000 BTU/hr

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Tue May 08, 2018 2:02 am

I often take panadol. When I went to the US they didn’t have any for my dad
Please join my roleplays:
http://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=8581

Avatar made by the magnificent Killer Ice Cream

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Tue May 08, 2018 2:08 am

I usually just take ibuprofen or paracetamol, cos they're what my parents get. I think my mum has some old cocodomol (IDK how its spelt) but I don't really want to ask her for those cos I don't want to take prescription tablets that weren't actually prescribed to me.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue May 08, 2018 2:13 am

Aleve... Aleve would work for my horrific gallbladder pain when hydrocodone wouldn't.

I now use it for all of my pains.

The only time it wouldn't work is when I had to go to the ER and had surgery the same day to get my gallbladder removed.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Tue May 08, 2018 2:15 am

I would probably look for something stronger than what I use, but I'm fifteen, so I have to settle with risking death from OD'ing on paracetamol...
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Tue May 08, 2018 2:16 am

That's a joke by the way, it is just my not very funny humor, sorry if it offends anyone in any way
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Tue May 08, 2018 2:18 am

Sometimes it isn't what's "Stronger". It's what works with that kind of pain. Pain can come from all sorts of different things. There's ingredients that focus on different aspects of what causes pain. Which is why narcotic like Hydrocodone wouldn't work anymore, and Aleve would.
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Tue May 08, 2018 2:20 am

That sounds like too much working stuff out, I think I'll just stick with the feeling of a kazillion fat people squishing my head...
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Tue May 08, 2018 3:45 am

So, I'm only venting cos even though this happened a few weeks ago, I still feel line I need, i don't know, someone who doesn't know me to tell me their opinion on this.
So, it started off in February, when me, my best mate (H), and two others (MD and MB) went out for MD's birthday. MD and MB kept running off abandoning me and H. I obviously got PO'ed and stayed PO'ed for like two months without either of them seeming to notice, even though MD and i used to go out so you would think they would notice something was wrong.
Fast forward to late April. I'm bored so me being me learnt how to tie a hangmans noose. I posted it as a temp status on an app, joking about finally learning how to do it. MD has a history of self harm. MB shows it to MD for no reason, as if MD looked at my status they would have seen it for themselves. MD gets all bitchy about it and i am still PO'ed at them. MD basically says it would be my fault if they cut themselves and died. They also call me other things, such as insulting my weight (for me being too skinny) and calling me selfish even though i have actually nearly been killed fir sticking up for them. I post some unrelated song lyrics and they start up another argument the next day. Me, now being doubly PO'ed, say something along the lines of 'What, aren't i allowed to post some of my favorite song lyrics just in case it makes you cut yourself?" My parents think that i shouldn't have said that, but i think it was perfectly reasonable. MD blocked me on the app and is ignoring me in school, as is MB, and everytime i see MB i feel like a piece of crap, which is one of my main reasons for venting. So, what do people think? I think i am in the right, but that is natural. I need someone's thought on this.
It sounds to me like you need a couple of new contacts. I may be biased against ultra-sensitive people, specially those who do self-harm and claim it to have been triggered by X (Where X is an action somebody else did with NO relation to them). So, my advice here, although selfish perhaps, is to distance yourself for a bit. It's not your fault, and even if you believe it is, it isn't entirely at least. Free yourself of blame for you cannot control others' reactions towards your own actions. Don't follow my whole advice to a T, since I am focusing on separating my own priorities from the world's right now and my advices might be affected by it right now, but you can use them as a guideline at least. If I were in your case, I would've cut them off completely, adding "It's not my fault your mind cannot handle the real world like a real person, grow a pair and toughen up; or you'll be eaten alive by reality."

Please, don't ruin other people's lives simply because my methods say so; I have a reason to do things the way I do and know how to handle the situations I trigger. This is only a warning in case you decide to use my own words...

All in all, you're good, man. Just focus on yourself a bit more.
Should you be lucky enough to balance the correct number of murdered babies with adequate hours of volunteer service at children's cancer hospitals, you'll end up Neutral.

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Tue May 08, 2018 1:11 pm

I actually agree^

I'm probably just becoming more cynical or just more or less finally looking out for my own mental health but as my brother once told me while I carried his drunk ass to my couch "Fuck everybody else, you take care of yourself first."
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Erel-Mae

Post by Erel-Mae » Fri May 11, 2018 11:49 pm

What kind of mother skips her sons graduation ?
My husbands ex is not going to her sons college graduation she dropped her two younger kids off with us and left. I am so pissed.