Venting Thread - Now with 9000 BTU/hr

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Re: Venting Thread - Now with 9000 BTU/hr

Post by ShadFlow » Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:09 am

I WANT COOCHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-
Location: Lurking silently in the shadowy depths of Off Topic, watching everything...

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:06 am

I think either my DSi is finally starting to bite the dust after 10 years, or there's just something wrong with my copy of Kirby Mass Attack all of a sudden ;-;
I'm too lazy to check if my other games work right, but it my DS kept having a hard time reading the Mass Attack game card for some reason after the game kept freezing, which it's never done before
———————————
☆ Self-Proclaimed Leader of the Off Topic Gang ☆
Image Image Image

Train
Choo Choo!

Post by Train » Thu May 07, 2020 11:50 pm

This dumb fucking zygote is actually fucking getting mad at me for watching a fucking video while i work. It's never been a fucking problem until now.
Hi, i'm Jay, i'm 14, and i never fucking learned how to read!
Off Topic Gang member. I got banned from Twitter but then came back and basically said fuck their rules. I may only be 14, but i'm a chaotic neutral prick.
Now here's your Magurin of the day. Take it and go. Have fun. (>‿<✿)

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-
Location: Lurking silently in the shadowy depths of Off Topic, watching everything...

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Fri May 08, 2020 1:38 am

I wish my writing skills were better. I absolutely love storywriting, but I hate how just about everything I write seems lackluster and/or rushed. And it seems to stay that way no matter how long I am a writer, how much I practice, or how much I study. :T

I also hate how no matter what, I cannot seem to ever finish a story I start writing, whether by losing inspiration or losing interest.
———————————
Image Image Image

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Fri May 08, 2020 10:19 am

Sir Meta Knight wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:38 am
I wish my writing skills were better. I absolutely love storywriting, but I hate how just about everything I write seems lackluster and/or rushed. And it seems to stay that way no matter how long I am a writer, how much I practice, or how much I study. :T

I also hate how no matter what, I cannot seem to ever finish a story I start writing, whether by losing inspiration or losing interest.
It takes time to improve, don't worry. I've been writing for like 5 years and I only recently (as in, over the past few months) noticed a marked improvement.

Try writing poetry if you're stuck for things. Poems can be pretty short, so they're a great way to try new things without having to commit to something longer (and if you don't like what you've written it's easier to start again). Writing long posts in RPs also helps, if you're able. Also reading! Reading helps!

Just keep going, man. You won't get any better by quitting

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri May 08, 2020 2:07 pm

Sir Meta Knight wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 1:38 am

Try writing with different people. Not in the sense of lambasting any one in particular, but just try writing with lots of different people - expose yourself to more writing styles and more of the many ways people write. Take note of what you see in the writing of others that impresses you, and see how you can incorporate that into your own writing.

It can also *really* help to make yourself step outside your comfort zone. Make yourself write a character who’s different from what you’re used to, because in doing so it really makes you think more actively about what you’re doing, rather than just putting words down that you already know.

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Sat May 09, 2020 3:56 am

Thank you both <3
———————————
Image Image Image

Train
Choo Choo!

Post by Train » Sun May 10, 2020 5:45 pm

Just because it's mothers day doesn't mean you're exempt from being a functioning member of this household. Stop trying to prove your fake superiority over everyone and get off your fucking high horse.
Hi, i'm Jay, i'm 14, and i never fucking learned how to read!
Off Topic Gang member. I got banned from Twitter but then came back and basically said fuck their rules. I may only be 14, but i'm a chaotic neutral prick.
Now here's your Magurin of the day. Take it and go. Have fun. (>‿<✿)

Sir Meta Knight
-Spanish Guitar Riff-

Post by Sir Meta Knight » Sat May 16, 2020 7:38 pm

I am so tired of my mother being a thick-headed, prideful, overdramatic, butthurt perfectionist idiot over fucking EVERYTHING. I can't even say a damn word to this bitch anymore without her getting pissed off and offended for no good reason. And then she's too dense to even see the point when I try to talk to her about it in an unbiased fashion, pointing out my faults as well as hers, and just acts like I'm accusing her ass. And then I get punished for trying to APOLOGIZE FOR SOMETHING I ACTUALLY DID. This is absolutely ridiculous, and if I do not become old enough to get the frick away from this woman and her two-faced insanity soon, I swear I am going to jump out a window.
———————————
Image Image Image

Killer Ice Cream
Member+

Post by Killer Ice Cream » Tue May 26, 2020 2:16 am

WHY MUST FORKS BE SO POINTY