Venting Thread - Now with 9000 BTU/hr

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Re: Venting Thread - Now with 9000 BTU/hr

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:26 pm

ButteryPancake wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:03 am
If one of your friends tries to turn others against you just so they can be right, they are not your friend and should be kicked out of your life until they learn how to keep their toxicity in check.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, maybe it's the lack of sleep. But honestly, those kind of people shouldn't be considered real friends.
Well said, sir. Well said.
Brandon's the name. Golems are my game.

Gecko
Bronze

Post by Gecko » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:44 am

Nah, I stopped being friends with her. Ended all of it before it could get worse. We made amends, so we're on good terms now. Just not friends, per se. ;P
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:42 pm

You know what I hate?
When you’re about to go to bed and the dog starts grooming himself
He plants himself in the middle of the corridor too, so everyone can hear it and it’s so annoying it isn’t even funny
Like; I know I have a bad sleep schedule, but I don’t want it to be worse.

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:26 pm

I hate it when my cat meows in the middle of the night like he needs something

ButteryPancake
Meaningless Title

Post by ButteryPancake » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:54 am

Why do I have to be so explosive? Why must I be so impulsive? I want everything to fuck off, today is not a tranquil day. A life of tranquility and normality cannot prosper if everything isn't turning out like clockwork. If one thing comes out of the way, if one thing just strays from its direction, it all comes down. Why must we humans be susceptible to feelings? We are made to be this way, we cannot live another way without losing our humanity. I can be more, just throwing away my humanity would increase my rates of survailability and also get me one step closer to enlightening. But no, I cannot do that; not in this life. Not in any life. I don't want to be more than human, I don't want to be less either; this is what I am and I accept it.

But it's just that... The pain, sometimes it triggers other emotions and it's hard to control it when you're not naturally a quiet person. Being so explosive, so dangerous, it makes me want to punch something. It makes me wanna say

Fuck off, get out of my life, go fuck someone else and just screw yourself.

It makes me wanna say so many things.

No, I don't like that you go out to places with unknown people, with weird substances, looking like a fucking sex freak, to a faraway place WITHOUT ME. No. I am jealous, yes, I am very jealous and I will never change my ways. I cannot accept that you just go around any fucking place without worrying. No, I will not stand down and I will not let myself be talked down by someone like YOU, who are much less virtuous than I am. I am proud, I am a narcissist, I am a fucking manipulator and if things don't go my own fucking way, everyone WILL burn whether they like it or not. You won't have a nice time unless I SAY SO, and you'll never get away from this, because I know exactly what to say and do to make you addicted to this treatment that makes you feel so worthless.

I will never change, for anybody in the world, this is my essence, and it won't leave me.

That is why you shouldn't let me talk when I'm angry, that is why you shouldn't forget that I love you despite my hate words. That is why I must always follow my rules, my limitations; that is why I want you to understand why I have them as well. If I cannot control myself, who will? Please don't let me succumb to my own anger, it is my biggest flaw. Please, don't let me say these words again. Please, don't let me yell at you, ever. Please, don't let me control you. Please, don't let me step on your words and beliefs. Please, don't let me make the same mistakes of the past... You have a better memory than I do, you always remind me of what I have to do, of what's important.

Please, always remind me that I am not a bad person, that this is not who I am.

Please, don't let me forget the promises I've made to myself.

Please, remind me why I've chosen this path, by your side, despite our own flaws.

So that way, once I regain my composture, I will keep reminding you why being human is so beautiful.

I love you.

I needed that.
Should you be lucky enough to balance the correct number of murdered babies with adequate hours of volunteer service at children's cancer hospitals, you'll end up Neutral.

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:07 pm

...that was inspiring somehow. I feel like you're a better person than me, that's for sure.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:48 pm

In a sharp contrast to the post two posts above this one, I'm just going to vent about a pet peeve.

I hate it when people make RP characters that act mean, rude, or arrogant, and then get mad OOC when the other characters don't put up with it. It's okay to have a character with abrasive personality traits, as that can lead to interesting interactions and character development. Where I draw the line is when people make one of these characters and then wonder why none of the other characters interact with them if they can help it.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Fuck Bayo.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

Faliterum Alteris
Bronze

Post by Faliterum Alteris » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:39 am

Have you ever felt just so frustrated at the fragility of the human body? It bends so little before it breaks, thus dropping the bar of excellence to still unreachable heights. I've tried so hard to do something worthwhile, to prove myself, to push those very limits and all I've done is drop myself further from that bar, that unreachable height. All I can do is fumble around while I watch other people seemingly bend reality, sitting on thin air, twisting themselves into different shapes, performing wonderful war with ease. And yet when I try even to slide across the filthy floor, something goes so terribly wrong that I can't even stand when it happens. I hate the human body.

Oh, and don't even get me started on emotions. If at my age we were all a little less sensitive, I feel like a lot of problems would be solved. As it is, I've fallen for someone already, and I can barely get over my emotions for them. I try to slow myself and stay my tongue, but I find myself in unpredictable fits of romance, and it hurts to see one come and go, over me in seconds, only to find another to be with at once. I live in this loop, incapable of breaking the chains that bind me to it. It may be because of the date of my birth, or perhaps the misshapen chaos of my inner mind, peeping out in well-seeming form. I don't understand the whole concept of humanity. I wish I were something else sometimes.

Quirbles
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Quirbles » Wed May 02, 2018 9:49 pm

y’all ever eat a piece of food too hot and then it burns your tongue so now it feels weird as hell

man fuck that shit