Old RPF Memebers and what they are doing now!

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Wint
Member+

Re: Old RPF Memebers and what they are doing now!

Post by Wint » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:33 am

OH SHIT DAKING
✿ ~ ~ ~ I hope you'll have a blast ~ ~ ~ ✿

ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShadFlow » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:57 pm

Daddy Da King

Irate Irukandji
Janitor

Post by Irate Irukandji » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:13 pm

Do I count as old?
Karen wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:22 am
I want to speak to your manager.

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:59 pm

I think I qualify as old. I distinctly remember joining when I was thirteen years old because I was all about being a rule-follower and was happy when I found the site to be 13+. I've just turned nineteen, so that's roughly six years...holy shit. I also remember the live chat thing the site had then (I don't know if it's still a thing, I use the website lmao).

I think I was at the end of eighth grade when I joined (blech), and I was kind of a mess because of the medication I had to take to help with ADD and Aspie stuff, which made me feel like crap. Now I've learned how to cope with all of that and am going into my sophomore year of college with a bachelor's degree in video game arts and design. It's a lot of fun, and roleplaying on here has certainly helped me with how to shape characters! :D I never got too involved with other people here (not that I can think of, anyways), so I wouldn't be surprised if only a few people knew me lol
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShadFlow » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:28 am

Recently got accepted to the Joe Kubert School of Cartooning and Graphic Design. Been preparing for that since I'm dorming. Next step into adulthood.

Zavier Antiguar
Cinnabitch

Post by Zavier Antiguar » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:27 pm

I've only been here for around 3-4 years, but I think I'm old enough. I'm going into my junior year in high school this year, and it's slowly starting to creep in on me that all those years are behind me.
May your blade be ever sharp, and your will never broken.
Character Info
Pixel Art
Reyn's BBCode Masterpost
Da Rules
Da Staff
Da FAQs

Reyn
Community Mod

Post by Reyn » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:59 pm

ShadFlow wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:28 am
Recently got accepted to the Joe Kubert School of Cartooning and Graphic Design. Been preparing for that since I'm dorming. Next step into adulthood.
Hey congrats dude, hope that goes well for ya

Mach2

Post by Mach2 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:48 am

Have I posted in here yet? I don't think I've posted in here yet.

Hi, I'm Mach (that's where you all say "Hiii Mach"), and I've been around off-and-on since sometime prior to 2013? It's been a while. Here's what's up with me now:
  • Currently doing a summer internship in Singapore (back home to Canada in three weeks)
  • By this time next year, I'll be about two weeks away from finally having an Honours Coop BSc in Microbiology, which sure sounds impressive, in my opinion
  • Gonna spend my final year researching yeast genomes for my honours project. Bioinformatics is cool, yo
  • If you're less than 5'4" tall, I can jump over your head. Hopefully by January I'll have that number up to 5'6" or more
  • I've perpetually got a massive list of crazy projects I wanna do and not enough hours to get them all done.
All in all, life's good. Really good.

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:16 pm

What counts as old?
I feel like many of the members from prior The Crash can be considered kind of old, in terms of how long they've been here. I'm far from being a truly "old" member...

I think I joined when I was 14, late 13. That's been four to five years now.
RPF has been the very first roleplaying platform I joined and since then I couldn't quite find myself fitting in anywhere else.
By now I didn't just get off age (german standards), I also obtained the highest graduation level you can get at german schools!
I'm starting university in Octobre to become a mechanical engineer and due to the special program, I'm already working since the beginning of August, at the company that is going to support me through my studies.

I made and lost many good friends. I fell in love for the first time, fell apart and came back from a fairly dark place(If that has been my midlife crisis, I'm hecking screwed). I'm a young adult now! Technically, I mean.

I've done RP then and there and returned to the RPF a few times, so it's always been there and a constant reminder of how things change and others still stay the same after all. My life without RPF somewhere at the back? Unthinkable. I love the people here, even if no one knows who the hell I am and I hope I can return in many years to come as well.

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:06 pm

I'm going for a history honours degree. Trying to get into library sciences.
Poetic Edda wrote:Thought and Memory, my ravens, fly every day the whole world over.
Each day I fear that Thought might not return, but I fear more for Memory.