I hate Anime.

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Milato

I hate Anime.

Post by Milato » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:32 am

I took a long break from anime, Almost a year to be exact. I recently started watching it again for the emotional joyrides they take me on. Only to be upset when it ends after 12 or 24 episodes. Especially when more episodes can be added to continue the story or maybe if they explained things better as the story went on. I know this arguement has been made before but honestly I will always feel this way. Shonen Jump anime for example never fucking end. Look at Naruto for example, but let's be honest who wants Naruto to end? I sure as hell don't. DBZ can end. (I stop like DBZ but it's gotten stale.) When Anime's end but the manga continues it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. I understand all good things come to an end but. . . . can't we stretch it out a bit more? I just recently watched Akame ga kill (Yes! I know I'm probably wicked late to finish it.) But I was rather dissapointed at how rushed it felt. Hence why it left a sour taste but it was a really good anime that was all kinds of fucked. I feel like they should reboot it. (Or give it to Shonen jumo so it never ends.) I'd rather have an extra 30 filler episodes than have it end at 24. This is not even the full rant I want to go on but this is all I felt like typing up. I don't think I'll watch anime if that continues to happen.

PLEASE give me your opinion on this topic!

Trashler

Re: I hate Anime.

Post by Trashler » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 am

I hate the Super Mario Bros Show too man. And Toy Story? Please, the 3rd one was the exact one as the 2nd season. Sure the part where Woody fights buzz and obliterates him with a laser blast is pretty neat, but that's just a fight scene. The only good plot was the romantic relationship between Sid and Andy, which made me cry into tears.
MYAAAH

Milato

Post by Milato » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:37 am

I never was a big fan of toy story.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:48 am

JoJo will never end. Is that better?

Also I'm glad Naruto ended, it would have ended up like DBZ.(Boruto doesn't exist to me)

One Piece is around cunt and isn't ending anytime soon. 800 Episodes right there. By the time you catch up, it would have ended.

Also Hunter x Hunter is going to continue I heard since the manga writer is off Hiatus x Hiatus.

Also JoJo will never end.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:52 am

Also he's upset about Akame ga Kill, which(we all can agree) is very reasonable.

Reyn

Post by Reyn » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:35 pm

I'm kinda in the same boat. I haven't finished an anime since One Punch Man came out (and I only watched the first 13 episodes, idk if there's a second season), and I haven't started a new series... pretty much since then.

When I do watch things, they're usually adaptations of shit that has already ended, or just original works.

I hear there's gonna be a Junji Ito anthology anime next year, though. Being the edgelord I am, I can't fucking wait.
Happy New Year!

Milato

Post by Milato » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:34 pm

Akame ga kill had so much potential.

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Read the manga.

Milato

Post by Milato » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:18 pm

No.

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:52 pm

Read the manga.
//...from the stillness, shifting. From the silence, a gasp...//Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III