Another Video Games Thread

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
TriggerHappy
Bronze

Another Video Games Thread

Post by TriggerHappy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Okayokayokay so other video games threads here just discuss the games you play an whatnot, right? Well, instead of that, here, you can not only talk about the games you like, want to play etc. BUT you can also post screenshots of leaderboards, brag about your achievements, ranks, and overall elitism in whatever game you happen to enjoy. I'm gonna start with Titanfall 2, I've played one competitive match and topped my team in a dominating, decisive victory
404 signature not found

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: Another Video Games Thread

Post by Annasiel » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 pm

I haven't been gaming enough lately, but don't have the money to get new things. Any recommendations for good free-to-play Steam games?
Swollen with a mantra that I've stolen from a thief.

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:15 am

I can't mess with Warframe. I hate grinding. I hate over grinding. THEN HAVING TO WAIT AN EXTENDED AMOUNT OF TIME TO GET STUFF MADE ON TOP OF THAT GRINDING PISSES ME OFF TO THE MAXIMUM LEVEL OF FRUSTRATION.

I dont have that kind of patience nor am I going to develop it for something as trivial as a video game. But the controls are nice and it plays like a well made triple AAA game.

I've been playing a lot of Gigantic but again you have to grind to unlock characters or just shell out $30.00 to get all the current and future characters without having to grind. I shelled out the thirty because overall it'll be worth it and supports the devs. So if a team based....action shooterish game piques your interest I can recommend this. It's f2p and you get five heroes for free when you start so it could be something worth taking a look at.
"Everyone's an Atheist until turbulence starts shaking the plane".

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Post by TriggerHappy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:31 am

I need to get back into Gigantic. Tripp was OP on launch, so was Tyto
404 signature not found

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:04 am

She still is. I like Zandra, she's like a blend of Zarya and Lucio.

Balgair Arregaithel

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:26 am

I've been back in Skyrim for a couple of weeks, playing all sorts of builds. Battlemage, Messenger of Death, Ghostblade, Illusionist. Fusgemuppet gets credit for these builds, they make incredible ways to play the game. Hard to get bored with so much to do.

I've also been planning out my first Dark Souls 3 build, a Valkyrie, spear and shield edition.
"A pitiful cry of the damned. Chèr...What do you think?"
~Writings of Darcy Witchmist

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:04 am

What? But Warframe is fantastic~

Probably one of the best free to play games around. Balance is good, classes are fun, and you could potentially play it all free so long as you are an active trader.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

TriggerHappy
Bronze

Post by TriggerHappy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Yeah but the grinding is awful
404 signature not found

ShaFlow

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm

Balgair Arregaithel wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:26 am
I've been back in Skyrim for a couple of weeks, playing all sorts of builds. Battlemage, Messenger of Death, Ghostblade, Illusionist. Fusgemuppet gets credit for these builds, they make incredible ways to play the game. Hard to get bored with so much to do.

I've also been planning out my first Dark Souls 3 build, a Valkyrie, spear and shield edition.
Try it with mods next :D

I think I bought Skyrim three mes each for a different platform(PC,Xbox and Ps3) and I might do it a fourth(for the switch).I just pulled an all nighter ducking around with a few 'inappropriate' mods. I only just started the Dark Souls series, and I think I'm too salty to even try to finish it lol. If you like Fantasy RPGs I would suggest Dragons Dogma or even Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning. Both I found enjoyable for solo experience especially Dragons Dogma. Such an innovative combat system and on Hardmode it is quite challenging.

I kinda wish Konami would release Soul Calibur on PC. I miss the great Character Creation in V. I could spend up to two hours creating a character.

For Warframe:
To each their own.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm

A difference of opinion? On the internet? Such things cannot be allowed.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III