Music

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Balgair Arregaithel

Music

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 am

Probably an overdone thing by now. Whatever.

The point of this, is to impart my wisdom upon you. I am going to show you a whole new world of music, that you've probably never seen. I think.

Electronic/Dubsteb/Etc fans? The Glitch Mob, Celldweller, Spiders Down Yonder. My favorites for this genre. Ideal places to begin, respective order, are Skytoucher for Glitch Mob, Just Like You for Celldweller, and Arachnophobia for Spiders Down Yonder.

Now, do your bones hurt? Are you tried of having bones? Listen to Zardonic. Pure Power, Bring Back The Glory. Destroy your physical being with violent, involuntary convulsions and furious headbanging.

Metal. Easy topic. Slipknot, KoRn, Five Finger Death Punch. My favorites. Gonna give you emotional songs from each one.

Snuff, by Slipknot. Heartbreak, very easy to relate to and very enjoyable.

KoRn, has a very fucked up song called Daddy. Now, discretion is advised when listening to it, because it deals with the topic of child molestation. Still very good, but hard to not cry to.

Wrong Side of Heaven, by FFDP. A song dedicated to the veterans and those currently serving in worldwide military forces. When you listen to it, think, for a moment, that when men and women ki each other, they go home to their families, but leave behind broken ones.

Next, a mixed genre deal. Blue motherfucking Stahli. Sorry for the language, but this guy is amazing. Begin with Takedown, ULTRAnumb (a line is my little signature.), Anti You. He has a side project, Sunset Neon, where he can do things he doesn't normally do as Blue Stahli. Klayton, a.k.a Celldweller also falls into this. Great guy.

Rock. Easy.

Queen. Iron Maiden. Seether. Shinedown. Saliva. Three Doors Down. Stone Sour(Corey Taylor's other band.) I'm gonna tell you to listen to all songs by all of them. Great bands. Great music all around.

Also, can someone tell me who the hell Hopsin, XXXTentacion, 21 Savage, and Designer Panda are?
"A pitiful cry of the damned. Chèr...What do you think?"
~Writings of Darcy Witchmist

Stitches

Re: Music

Post by Stitches » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:04 am

Not to be bothered with. In my opinion anyway, not good music.
"I'm so disappointed in you." Annasiel 2017

Balgair Arregaithel

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 am

Bret and Klayton, or Blue Stahli and Celldweller, are vastly underrated artists, yet they perform such incredible things. The New Elysium lyric video from Celldweller, the creativity of Blue Stahli music videos and lyrics. The Glitch Mob is just euphoric as fuck. Zardonic, I've actually almost broken my neck headbanging, it's so awesome.

I've been a long time fan of Slipknot, ever since Corey took over. My intro to metal, was Duality. KoRn came with that, starting with Adidas and Rotting in Vain. Five Finger Death Punch had me hooked at My Nemesis.

Rock, I grew up with, and Country. Rascall Flatts, Green Day, Skillet, those were my bands as a kid.

Balgair Arregaithel

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:11 am

Can't forget Black Eyed Peas. Boom Boom Pow was my SHIT on road trips.

Stitches

Post by Stitches » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:37 am

I grew up on a mix of punk, rock, metal, and electronica. Old music, mostly, until I was a teen and could download music and listen to my own radio.
Lets see, for rock/punk, I got into Sleeping With Sirens, Nothing More, Skillet, Silversun Pickups, Set It Off, Nightwish.
I always loved Metallica, FFDP, KoRn, Nickelback, Linkin Park, Avenged Sevenfold etc.
Daft Punk, DJ Icy, Passion Pit, etc.
Glitch Mob is awesome, btw.
I also love off beat things like Enya, Sirenia, Serenity, Icon For Hire, Muse.

Balgair Arregaithel

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Nightwish is awesome, though took a turn when Dark Passion Play just became a jab at Tarja with Bye Bye Beautiful and other songs. But, still a good band. Though, they aren't quite as good anymore, in recent times. Sure, songs like Elan, Every Forms Most Beautiful, Floor being a great vocalist and all, jusy not as good as Tarja and Annette eras, compared to songs like Sleepwalker, The Heart Asks for Pleasure First, etc. They're lacking in the unique sounds Tarja and Annette gave the band. Floor is great, don't get me wrong, but she doesn't have the frailty Annette did so well, or that chilling operetic voice Tarja has. She sounds like so many other artists, it's gotten a bit dull.

Reyn
Member+

Post by Reyn » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:31 pm

I've been listening to a lot of dark-ish artcore recently, namely the Saqriphrx album by Feryquitous. Very atmospheric (especially Iweleth jesus CHRIST it sounds like it would play at the end of the world). I swear I could make an RP based just on how these songs sound, even though none of them have lyrics (that I understand. I think 2 songs do have lyrics but there are no translations)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIYm9xugocg

(Seriously this shit is like video game music but Not Really)

I've also got back into The Marmozets. They're a British band who do like... rock/metal and shit and the singer is kinda cute but the only album i like is Weird and Wonderful... their newer stuff is less good imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGSWfuiO0Ps

Stitches

Post by Stitches » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Really? I feel that Tarja leaving (technically they voted her off the island) was the best thing for them. Marco got to display more of his vocal amazingness, their songs became more orchestral and elegant, and I don't really think Dark Passion Play was a jab at her. They had technically written most of the albulm before Annette joined the band, I believe. Besides, the albulms after Tarja's departure became more composed, more cohesive in a storylike manner. And Floor has a great voice for metal, and she's pretty renowned. Though I will admit, Annette was certainly my favourite.

Oh, I also really like acoustic, coffee house kind of music right now. A Fine Frenzy, Jasmine Thompson, Mumford and Sons, etc.

Frolicking Jaegar

Post by Frolicking Jaegar » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:02 am

People into alt rock/indie might like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhtaEgrDdbk
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you're among the stars."

Balgair Arregaithel

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:17 am

A personal favorite and childhood band, Rascall Flatts. I always made everyone listen to it when we drove. My voice is nine kinds of fucked, but I still sing along to Me and My Gang, so nostalgic.