The Games Thread

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Wint
Member+

Re: The Games Thread

Post by Wint » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:15 am

You might enjoy Mogeko Castle.
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."

pripyatranger

Post by pripyatranger » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 am

InquisitorRothus wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:50 pm
Danganronpa's pretty nice if you don't mind anime style games Prip!

If not, there's Dark Souls (though you have to piece the story together yourself... Or look it up, like a weenie). Have you tired the Fable series? Though 2 and 3 are more comedic, the first Fable is wonderful and playing it makes the other two more interesting.
Fable could be really good. And what about Gothic? Is it worth to give a shot?
Archer_Algren wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:55 am
pripyatranger wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:38 pm
I used to play games for long time but same games repedeatly. Fallout series, Half-Life, Arcanum, Planescape Torment... Now I'm interested in Pixel Arted games. I don't know but a good storyline keeps me interested. Hotline Miami for example, can't remember how many times I finished.

Any suggestions for a guy like me? A game with deep story? No Telltale Games. I played them too...
You could try visual novels, they don't take much to run on PC and some of them can make you cry..... Or give you a nasty case of PTSD.....
I don't get emotionaly affected by drama actually but what kind of visual novels you gonna suggest? I might be interested and get inspired.
Wint wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:15 am
I might if it wasn't in Anime-style...

But I suggest you guys to play Rimworld, Sunless Sea, RymdResa and a cult classic I have no mouth and I must scream-in exchange of your wonderful suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 pm

pripyatranger wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 am
InquisitorRothus wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:50 pm
Danganronpa's pretty nice if you don't mind anime style games Prip!

If not, there's Dark Souls (though you have to piece the story together yourself... Or look it up, like a weenie). Have you tired the Fable series? Though 2 and 3 are more comedic, the first Fable is wonderful and playing it makes the other two more interesting.
Fable could be really good. And what about Gothic? Is it worth to give a shot?
Archer_Algren wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:55 am
pripyatranger wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:38 pm
I used to play games for long time but same games repedeatly. Fallout series, Half-Life, Arcanum, Planescape Torment... Now I'm interested in Pixel Arted games. I don't know but a good storyline keeps me interested. Hotline Miami for example, can't remember how many times I finished.

Any suggestions for a guy like me? A game with deep story? No Telltale Games. I played them too...
You could try visual novels, they don't take much to run on PC and some of them can make you cry..... Or give you a nasty case of PTSD.....
I don't get emotionaly affected by drama actually but what kind of visual novels you gonna suggest? I might be interested and get inspired.
Wint wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:15 am
I might if it wasn't in Anime-style...

But I suggest you guys to play Rimworld, Sunless Sea, RymdResa and a cult classic I have no mouth and I must scream-in exchange of your wonderful suggestions. Thanks a lot.
Try getting Muv-Luv on steam, but if I were you, wait for Muv-Luv Alternative to come out first before playing, the trilogy together was a nice experience, it starts out as your cliche highschool romance but turns into something else once you unlock unlimited, be prepared for LOTS of readingz

Balgair Arregaithel

Post by Balgair Arregaithel » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:07 pm

There's a ton of games I've been seeing trailers for. Fortnight looks especially goofy, Vampyre looks absolutely amazing. I haven't kept up with anything else, aside from news about WWII, which has a very gruesome Zombies mode, which brings back Mob of The Dead memories.

On the topic of zombies, I'm very excited to see more games based on them. Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide, The Last of Us, Evil Within. All deserve great sequels to live up to the names the others made.

Granted, the Dead Island games weren't great. But they were fun, had that Dead Rising vibe without the ridiculous weapons you could make. Dead Rising is just a game you can do what you want. Beat zombies to death with rubber ducky gloves, slaughter them with a weaponized, rolling teddy bear.

We need more comedic horror games like Dead Rising. I love those types of games. Horror in general, really. Outlast 2, Resident Evil Biohazard, all lived up to the hype and tension. Except when you had to shoot Mama in her maggot-infested love cave. That wasn't fun.
"A pitiful cry of the damned. Chèr...What do you think?"
~Writings of Darcy Witchmist

Apophis
God Chaos of Serpents

Post by Apophis » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:17 am

I'm not a real big fan of Resident EVII_. They said they were going back to their roots, and they didn't.
DXMD is a good game. Kinda difficult, but all DX games are.
"This makes me want to kill myself so I'm not forced to share air with these people."
- Brandon A. Bogar

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:55 am

Persona!
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."

TempestLaw

Post by TempestLaw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:35 am

I agree persona games are the best. My favorite is definitely persona 4 out of the 5 games.
Even if you end up as the world's enemy, I'll be your knight.

Zero499

Post by Zero499 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:58 am

I used to play PS1 and GameCube all the time. I think it'd be pretty cool if Nintendo one day made a new Gamecube, maybe with some remastered games like Mario Kart Double Dash or, sorta unheard of, Freaky Flyers. I recently found out that a guy made a "remastered " version of the green bills from the first console version of Spyro the Dragon. Kinda hope that a true remastered version of that one day comes too. E3 wise, forza 7 looks interesting and some other games also piqued my attention.
The sensual violence of lust is all the assurance you will ever need to know the worth of life scp58

Apophis
God Chaos of Serpents

Post by Apophis » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:33 am

After playing and beating both Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, I have to say that HR is the better of the two.
"This makes me want to kill myself so I'm not forced to share air with these people."
- Brandon A. Bogar

Apophis
God Chaos of Serpents

Post by Apophis » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:57 pm

If at E3, if Capcom doesn't show REmake 2, I'm going to boycott Capcom.
- Brandon A. Bogar