RP TALK

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Annasiel
Administrator

Re: RP TALK

Post by Annasiel » Sat May 05, 2018 12:48 am

Consarnit Myrn
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

shadowvoidboss
Gold

Post by shadowvoidboss » Sat May 05, 2018 2:30 am

I'm gunna be honest why do I try.
When life gives you lemons make orange juice... cause fuck the world. XD

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Sat May 05, 2018 6:34 am

I consider it common courtesy to see where the author wants to go with an RP, I do however give some leeway for people in my RP’s, but only for minor things and rarely actions durig battles, I hate it though when some moron keeps threatening NPC’s and boasting about how he is the goddamn man like he’s some sort of big deal, I also hate people that keep trying to interact with everybody, like a goddamn hummingbird going from flower to flower, cluttering up the RP with spam.

shadowvoidboss
Gold

Post by shadowvoidboss » Sat May 05, 2018 8:11 pm

That does get annoying. I also hate it when you put something in the rules and they don't fallow it and then you tell them to fallow it and they say they don't have to.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Sun May 06, 2018 9:31 am

I once did an RP where the MC’s are fighting against a faction called the Legion, and it should have been obvious from the intro that nobody could be on the Legion side, somebody asked if they could be a Legion spy, but I shot that down when I revealed that the Legion refuse to use dishonorable tactics such as espionage, scouting forces are okay though, and in my fic, the Legion actually did send advance forces to scout out the rest of the Universe, only for them go AWOL and stop reporting back, some of them even helped the Inner Sphere forces fend off the Legion when the Legion came knocking, one brick joke in my fic was how the famed Wolf’s Dragoons mercenary group always truthfully told their origins to people who ask, only to be laughed off, and then the Legion came alog and everybody realized they were telling the truth, still, they are one of the top mercenary groups out there and they helped defend the Inner Sphere against the Legion, they were awarded their own planet as a result.

shadowvoidboss
Gold

Post by shadowvoidboss » Sun May 06, 2018 4:30 pm

I had an rp of mine that was actually going good, but then got shut down for in the rules I stated full out the whole cs and don't do (will be revealed in the rp) and behold someone did. I told him to change it and it turned into an argument and the role play died completely.

Archer_Algren
Bronze

Post by Archer_Algren » Tue May 08, 2018 2:53 pm

I just hate it when people just inserts a character or plot device that has absolutely no relation to the lore, I was making an RP set in my fic’s universe, and I got into an argument with an arsehead about his character being an alien, I explained thy humanity killed off every sentient alien species in the known universe, and no, I do not accept sole survivors, aliens have no busines in my setting, I’m willing to allow magic, intelligent animals, and Eldritch Abominations in my lore, but no aliens.

Shinigami
Azuria Mod

Post by Shinigami » Tue May 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Genocide much? XD
The above image is a referral link to Nodiatis, an online RPG that I play.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

Hilo Takenaka
Bronze
Location: Down Under^45e45745745745743523232312212357878890774532445657795654376457243543656867973456325

Post by Hilo Takenaka » Thu May 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Archer I literally feel your pain. The Advanced RP that I tried to run a few months back only had one applicant
And that applicant was a girl’s OC that had zero relation to the Refracted Realm mythos/lore

Sandbox Characters
Anti-Virus
Trojan
Golden Falcon

shadowvoidboss
Gold

Post by shadowvoidboss » Sun May 13, 2018 11:30 pm

That's always fun. I love it when people talk back to the one running the rp (I'm very sarcastic about that) on episode of my favorites is when you tell them there power is op and they say "no it isn't" it's kinda funny at times watching people do it but annoying at the rp owner standpoint.